ADVERTISEMENT

Trump Promised to Bring the Coal Industry Back

Soaring Eagle 74

All-Conference
Jan 4, 2008
We didn’t know he meant back to 1963 production levels.

Trump’s coal policies have done more to reduce CO2 than the Green Party. He’ll go down as the greatest environmentalist in US history

Trump’s coal policies have done more to reduce CO2 than the Green Party. He’ll go down as the greatest environmentalist in US history
What’s sad is voters believed his horseshit. Energy production has come a long way and it shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone that coal is part of our history, not our future.

What’s sad is voters believed his horseshit

In 1987, Biden said he marched during the civil rights movement: Lie

In 2007, Biden revealed that he had been “shot at” while visiting Iraq: Lie

In 2020 Biden claimed he was arrested in South Africa while trying to see the anti-apartheid leader Nelson Mandela: Lie

In 2020, his climate plan, he lifted some passages from other documents without attribution: Plagiarizing liar

He claimed he finished in the top half of his class: Lie. near the very bottom of his class. Also admitted he plagiarized during his first year.

Lie after lie after lie and you leftists one-throat it. Then you come out accusing Trump?

A pedophile, a liar and a man who surrendered his faith in God for power and control over you.

Yes...That's the candidate you support.

So is this

3A1Z.gif

ActiveReadyKomododragon-size_restricted.gif

Sure, he promised to bring it back, but in fact, is shutting it down. Just one more Trump lie.

See? This is where you're not very bright. Obama made massive regulations that was shutting down coal plants prematurely. Trump rolled them back. He promised and he did it. It did bring back some coal jobs. However, the natural gas went crazy. That is what is replacing coal. No one could have predicted that. Now leftists are attacking the process for that too. The private market is always working on cleaner and more efficient energy. Our government isn't in place to force its hand. Yes...We certainly need regulations, but our government shouldn't be using regulations as a weapon.

You don't rationalize, you don't use common sense and you let others do a lot your thinking for you. You are focused on hatred. You're blind to the faults of the people you want leading our country. You have no clue what you're voting for. If you did, you wouldn't be so adamant about voting these leftists into power.

You guys crack me up. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about when it comes to the dynamics of the coal industry, but you just want to spout your hate. It's kinda like this: Which of these two people would you support? The guy who has a gun, tells you he is going to keep shooting people in the head and does just that or a guy who tells you he is going to stop the shooting and bring back the dead?

Sure, Trump hasn't been able to bring back the dead, but he has stopped the shooting. Certainly, Trump thought he could bring back more miners by reversing some regulations, building up US industries that use power, and help US coal increase its share of the export market, but the Democrats have worked against everything related to carbon fuels.

Instead of praising someone working hard to stop the decline of jobs in the US, you want to castrate him for trying. The reality is that the hundreds of coal-fired power plants that were shuttered as a result of Obama/Biden and Bloomberg were eventually replaced with gas-powered generators. No power company executive is going to build a new, high tech, coal-fired power plant (even if it has better economics) because they know whenever a democrat fills the presidency, it will immediately be in the crosshairs.

Oh yeah, all of us coal guys are stupid for preferring a president who cares about American workers. I think I'm going to start a campaign among all my good coal miner friends to switch over to Biden, AOC and that awesome New Green Deal....

You guys are pathetic....

See? This is where you're not very bright. Obama made massive regulations that was shutting down coal plants prematurely. Trump rolled them back. He promised and he did it. It did bring back some coal jobs. However, the natural gas went crazy. That is what is replacing coal. No one could have predicted that. Now leftists are attacking the process for that too. The private market is always working on cleaner and more efficient energy. Our government isn't in place to force its hand. Yes...We certainly need regulations, but our government shouldn't be using regulations as a weapon.

You don't rationalize, you don't use common sense and you let others do a lot your thinking for you. You are focused on hatred. You're blind to the faults of the people you want leading our country. You have no clue what you're voting for. If you did, you wouldn't be so adamant about voting these leftists into power.
You nailed it. And these guys are just a microcosm of how the mainstream media will do anything to destroy their enemy (Conservative Republicans). They won't ever give credit for a job well done and twist, contort and spin everything they can. Fortunately, America is beginning to wake up and see that these loons just want to burn, defame and destroy our country.

You nailed it. And these guys are just a microcosm of how the mainstream media will do anything to destroy their enemy (Conservative Republicans). They won't ever give credit for a job well done and twist, contort and spin everything they can. Fortunately, America is beginning to wake up and see that these loons just want to burn, defame and destroy our country.
Look what AtiFa and Black lives are doing to these cities. Dem controlled. Dem funded. Lots of dem voting. Portland is literally telling the police to stand down. It’s all under the table money funded via the DNC. These people are nuts.

Mean while the darling of green energy is having rolling black outs because they can't produce enough power to meet their needs. Funny thing is none of these lefties understand that solar doesn't work when the sun goes down and wind doesn't work when it is calm outside. Like dealing with children.

You guys crack me up. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about when it comes to the dynamics of the coal industry, but you just want to spout your hate. It's kinda like this: Which of these two people would you support? The guy who has a gun, tells you he is going to keep shooting people in the head and does just that or a guy who tells you he is going to stop the shooting and bring back the dead?

Sure, Trump hasn't been able to bring back the dead, but he has stopped the shooting. Certainly, Trump thought he could bring back more miners by reversing some regulations, building up US industries that use power, and help US coal increase its share of the export market, but the Democrats have worked against everything related to carbon fuels.

Instead of praising someone working hard to stop the decline of jobs in the US, you want to castrate him for trying. The reality is that the hundreds of coal-fired power plants that were shuttered as a result of Obama/Biden and Bloomberg were eventually replaced with gas-powered generators. No power company executive is going to build a new, high tech, coal-fired power plant (even if it has better economics) because they know whenever a democrat fills the presidency, it will immediately be in the crosshairs.

Oh yeah, all of us coal guys are stupid for preferring a president who cares about American workers. I think I'm going to start a campaign among all my good coal miner friends to switch over to Biden, AOC and that awesome New Green Deal....

Sure, he promised to bring it back, but in fact, is shutting it down. Just one more Trump lie.

Coal is not being "shut down". It is now fairly competing with a variety of other low cost fossil fuel based energy sources (natural gas, oil) and the competition is good for both coal producers and consumers.

Coal's advantage is it's abundant and cheap, so demand for it will remain high particularly from Foreign nations seeking low cost readily available energy alternatives. New clean coal technology also make it more environmentally friendly which will further its appeal for energy producers.

And California doesn’t have enough green energy. Why don’t you guy stop holding up energy and stop impeding progress

Don't worry communists...

Trump will open up new coal mines during his third term...

it'll all work out...

Last edited:
Reactions: 30CAT

Hey f'ucking moron, you have everything backwards. No surprise. The abundance of natural gas, primarily due to fracking, made natural gas very abundant and therefore, cheap. The electricity producers switched from coal to natural gas. Obama had nothing to do with electricity generating plants switching from coal to natural gas. That is why it hasn't came back. Duh!

I love reading the moron trump supporters' posts. They are hilarious. Just when you think they couldn't be any more stupid, they go and outdo themselves.

Hey f'ucking moron, you have everything backwards. Obama had nothing to do with electricity generating plants switching from coal to natural gas. That is why it hasn't came back. Duh!

I love reading the moron trump supporters' posts. They are hilarious. Just when you think they couldn't be any more stupid, they go and outdo themselves.

Barrack Obama
“If somebody wants to build a coal-fired power plant, they can. It’s just that it will bankrupt them,” Obama said, responding to a question about his cap-and-trade plan. He later added, “Under my plan … electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket.”

Hey f'ucking moron. Obama had nothing to do with electricity generating plants switching from coal to natural gas. That is why it hasn't came back. Duh!

I love reading the moron countryroads89's posts. They are hilarious. Just when you think they couldn't be any more stupid, country delivers

Last edited:

Spot on Big Cat. So I looked into the production of coal during 2016-18. Coal production went down since the Obama policies to shut it down but production was up in two states, Wyoming and WV. Additionally, Trump slowed the hemorrhage but, and a big but, energy companies have now expressed interest in not using coal because of...……...cheap natural gas from fracking. So the low production is a result of Obama's policy while Trump has slowed the effect while energy producers are using natural gas. So this is not a result of Trump as the propagandists want people to believe.

Carry on people!

Last edited:
@countryroads89 can't explain how fracking reduced elctricity rates while at the same time Obama was promising electricity would be more expensive as his "cap and trade" plan killed off lower cost coal.

Can you explain that @countryroads89 ?

See what happens to me when that pesky Negro shows up?...huff...huff...
giphy.gif

Everytime I have to run off and it's just plain embarrassing....huff...huff...huff....

Last edited:
What’s sad is voters believed his horseshit. Energy production has come a long way and it shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone that coal is part of our history, not our future.

You've never known what you're talking about..... but, just keep running your mouth. You're the definition of a dumb ass. The US is blessed with abundant natural gas that other countries don't have. They rely more on coal. Carbon fuels are responsible for over 60 percent of the power generation in the US and over 80 percent worldwide (with coal leading the way). Without coal, developing countries would be in heap of $h1t. Here's a recent stat you might want to familiarize yourself with:

Coal use grew again in 2018. Global coal demand increased by 1.1%, The main driver was coal power generation, which rose almost 2% in 2018 to reach an all-time high. Coal maintained its position as the largest source of electricity in the world with a 38% share. The People’s Republic of China (hereafter, “China”), India and other Asian economies led the expansion, while coal power generation fell in Europe and North America. In non-power sectors, despite a lot of coal-to-gas switching in China, demand remained stable. The international coal trade grew by 4% in 2018, surpassing 1.4 billion tonnes.

The US coal industry will look for increasing opportunities to export coal and potentially increase domestic consumption if LNG exports from the US can improve logistics. The biggest thing stopping LNG is the democrat's relentless blocking of pipeline permitting and construction. Both the coal and gas industries are in a great position to help with global energy demands. Unfortunately, US democrats are bent on harming fossil fuel consumption in both the US and abroad.

Coal is the energy of the past and not the future? Yeah right. I just wish you'd quit acting like you know what in the hell you're talking about when everyone knows you're just a hateful liberal loon....

With all due respect, you don’t know what you’re talking about. I‘ve worked in the coal industry for 45 years; I don’t know what your background is.
Trump hasn’t done anything effective to help the coal industry and he really doesn’t care about it. What is killing the coal industry is cheap shale gas. In addition to being cheaper, it’s much cleaner, combined cycle plants are much more efficient and cheaper to build than coal-fired plants, and there’s much less public resistance To them.

US exports have been in decline since 2018, so you’re just lying about that.

The US coal industry has been under-capitalized since 2000 and the decline in US production will continue for another decade. It won’t return to previous levels in our lifetimes.

With all due respect, you don’t know what you’re talking about. I‘ve worked in the coal industry for 45 years; I don’t know what your background is.
Trump hasn’t done anything effective to help the coal industry and he really doesn’t care about it. What is killing the coal industry is cheap shale gas. In addition to being cheaper, it’s much cleaner, combined cycle plants are much more efficient and cheaper to build than coal-fired plants, and there’s much less public resistance To them.

The US coal industry has been under-capitalized since 2000 and the decline in US production will continue for another decade. It won’t return to previous levels in our lifetimes.

All coal needs is access to markets it is currently restricted from by the phony "paris accords" and other mandatory environmental restrictions. Coal can compete, and win if given the opportunity. The under capitalization is being artificially forced through arbitrary restrictions on coal based on simple hype and fear that it will choke us all to death if we burn it to make electricity.

False. Never was true, but even less so now because of the miraculous advances in "clean coal" technology.

excerpt:
‘clean coal’ technology involves using the coal to make hydrogen from water, then burying the resultant carbon dioxide by-product and burning the hydrogen thus achieving the near about zero emission levels. Hence the development of new ‘clean coal’ technologies enable to use the world’s enormous resources of coal for future generations without contributing to global warming and thus competing the clean technologies like nuclear power generations.

Last edited:
Reactions: tOSUGrad90

Look, I don't know what you've done in the coal industry for 45 years, but I'm going to guess you were a belt shoveler. You have no clue. I said Trump was working to "help" coal businesses any way he could. If you were really in the business, you would know that the reason cheap natural gas replaced cheap coal is because Obama set emission limits for the coal plants at a level where most of the older plants couldn't meet it. Bloomberg helped him achieve this and is planning on continuing his work. Only Trump and the Republican Senate stands in his way right now. Biden would pick up where Obama left off. I'm sure you know this, but here is a reminder.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/06/climate/bloomberg-climate-pledge-coal.html

Natural gas is more competitive than coal if you're building a new plant. That's a fact. But, Obama and Bloomberg created a path for this to happen. If Biden wins and the Senate and House are both controlled by democrats, much more damage will be done to the coal industry when they move to close more coal plants.

The other thing that the democrats have done is hamper the construction of oil and gas pipelines. If logistics would improve for LNG to export facilities, gas companies could make more money exporting gas than having to keep their prices so low to compete with cheap coal from the Powder River Basin, Illinois, Northern WV and PA. That's something coal industries have discussed with Trump to help improve business. Of course, you also have to be able to build the latest technology coal-fired power plants like China, India and Japan have done.

BTW, I've got 40 years in the coal industry and have run three major coal companies.

Look, I don't know what you've done in the coal industry for 45 years, but I'm going to guess you were a belt shoveler. You have no clue. I said Trump was working to "help" coal businesses any way he could. If you were really in the business, you would know that the reason cheap natural gas replaced cheap coal is because Obama set emission limits for the coal plants at a level where most of the older plants couldn't meet it. Bloomberg helped him achieve this and is planning on continuing his work. Only Trump and the Republican Senate stands in his way right now. Biden would pick up where Obama left off. I'm sure you know this, but here is a reminder.

Natural gas is more competitive than coal if you're building a new plant. That's a fact. But, Obama and Bloomberg created a path for this to happen. If Biden wins and the Senate and House are both controlled by democrats, much more damage will be done to the coal industry when they move to close more coal plants.

The other thing that the democrats have done is hamper the construction of oil and gas pipelines. If logistics would improve for LNG to export facilities, gas companies could make more money exporting gas than having to keep their prices so low to compete with cheap coal from the Powder River Basin, Illinois, Northern WV and PA. That's something coal industries have discussed with Trump to help improve business. Of course, you also have to be able to build the latest technology coal-fired power plants like China, India and Japan have done.

BTW, I've got 40 years in the coal industry and have run three major coal companies.

I very much doubt you will hear a factual rebuttal of your excellent expository to him on the value of coal. Very well done.

Expect reams of silence in response.

You think that guy @Soaring Eagle 74 will come back on here to factually rebut that excellent post by @mzman on coal?
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: mzman

Just to keep things in perspective, ........ you’re debating the same Wingnuts who fell hook, line, and sinker for “Russian Collusion“.

Just to keep things in perspective, ........ you’re debating the same Wingnuts who fell hook, line, and sinker for “Russian Collusion“.

These are also the same folks who believe you can tax your way into prosperity.
Yes they really do believe that, but none of them sends in one dime extra.

Fact.

Reactions: mzman and 30CAT
All coal needs is access to markets it is currently restricted from by the phony "paris accords" and other mandatory environmental restrictions. Coal can compete, and win if given the opportunity. The under capitalization is being artificially forced through arbitrary restrictions on coal based on simple hype and fear that it will choke us all to death if we burn it to make electricity.

False. Never was true, but even less so now because of the miraculous advances in "clean coal" technology.

excerpt:
‘clean coal’ technology involves using the coal to make hydrogen from water, then burying the resultant carbon dioxide by-product and burning the hydrogen thus achieving the near about zero emission levels. Hence the development of new ‘clean coal’ technologies enable to use the world’s enormous resources of coal for future generations without contributing to global warming and thus competing the clean technologies like nuclear power generations.
This is true. The problem is the cost of disposing of the CO2. The other advantage that gas generators have over coal is that they emit about half of the CO2 that coal does per kilowatt-hr. That's a big advantage for gas in the countries that believe in the theories behind climate change. Of course, we're lucky, because we have cheap natural gas (which is right behind coal and petroleum on the environmental hate list). The only thing they hate more than carbon fuels is nuclear energy because of Three Mile Island, Chernobyl and the nuke plants damaged in Japan from the tsunami. They only like renewables, which all of us should like as well. I certainly do. But I also know that you can't power the world right now with renewables. Currently, they're way too expensive. I'm a coal guy, but I do hope that technology advances to even more economical, safe and clean fuels in the future.

Having said that, my big problem with Obama was with the speed in which he hammered coal country. Those plants should have been phased out over time which would have given coal communities time to adjust and/or citizens to relocate. Instead, he gave them the middle finger and threw them into the fire. And then when dumbass Hilary said she was going to kill coal and fight carbon fuels, she lost all 55 counties in WV, lost Ohio and lost PA. Smart move....

You've never known what you're talking about..... but, just keep running your mouth. You're the definition of a dumb ass.

LOL!

I love it when these pussy-looking mommas boys come on here trying to talk tough and be an internet badass.

Hilarious!

You're a shameless liar who lives in COLORADO, and wouldn't know a black diamond from a blunt. You aren't employed in the coal industry, so shut your whore mouth.

LOL!

I love it when these pussy-looking mommas boys come on here trying to talk tough and be an internet badass.

Hilarious!
So says the Marshall flunkie, who calls every non-libtard a "pussy." Your idol Zero promised to bankrupt the coal industry, and after he had done everything he could do to fulfill his promise, you come on here and shamelessly lie about it. Bald, dishonest, and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

Coal is as dead as disco. You picked the wrong industry. Should switch to pay phone salesman.

Good. Old coal plants pollute the environment as do the chemicals made to treat them.

Reactions: tjebarr
LOL!

Hilarious!
Is that it......that's what you've got? Pussy-looking mommas boy? You just run out of words when you meet someone that knows better than the dumb $h!t you post on here. Climb back in your hole you liberal freak....

Reactions: countryroads89
Coal is as dead as disco. You picked the wrong industry. Should switch to pay phone salesman.
Don't start NYC ..... you're way out of your depth and you know it....
Coal's been battered because of your idol Obummer... It's down, but it's not out. In fact, world-wide, it's use has reached record highs and leads all fuels for the production of energy. Coal was counted out in the 90's during Clinton and had a surge under Bush. Don't be surprised to see it rise again in the export markets.

Coal's been battered because of your idol Obummer... It's down, but it's not out. In fact, world-wide, it's use has reached record highs and leads all fuels for the production of energy. Coal was counted out in the 90's during Clinton and had a surge under Bush. Don't be surprised to see it rise again in the export markets.
It’s done. Sure it’s still being used. But it is on a downward spiral as it should be. Green energy is the future. It will be more efficient and better for the environment. Progress of die.

You work in the equivalent of print advertising. Sure it’ll be around for awhile, but...

Let me ask you a question. Would you want to live next to a coal plant? Raise your kids.

To have worked in the business for 40 years, you really don’t know shit. Everyone with any common sense knows fracking of Marcellus and Utica shale made natural gas very abundant and very cheap. That is what killed coal. Plain and simple, not the bad, black, boogeyman. LOL!

Reactions: tjebarr

The Chinese Communists who you Socialist Leftists admire, burn coal... lots of it! They've even signed up to buy more of our "black gold". Why no criticism of those fellow Socialists for their disregard of man made "climate change" burning all that nasty black coal?

Silence.

American "Black" coal very much matter to China lives...ah sooo!
iu

This is true. The problem is the cost of disposing of the CO2. The other advantage that gas generators have over coal is that they emit about half of the CO2 that coal does per kilowatt-hr. That's a big advantage for gas in the countries that believe in the theories behind climate change. Of course, we're lucky, because we have cheap natural gas (which is right behind coal and petroleum on the environmental hate list). The only thing they hate more than carbon fuels is nuclear energy because of Three Mile Island, Chernobyl and the nuke plants damaged in Japan from the tsunami. They only like renewables, which all of us should like as well. I certainly do. But I also know that you can't power the world right now with renewables. Currently, they're way too expensive. I'm a coal guy, but I do hope that technology advances to even more economical, safe and clean fuels in the future.

Having said that, my big problem with Obama was with the speed in which he hammered coal country. Those plants should have been phased out over time which would have given coal communities time to adjust and/or citizens to relocate. Instead, he gave them the middle finger and threw them into the fire. And then when dumbass Hilary said she was going to kill coal and fight carbon fuels, she lost all 55 counties in WV, lost Ohio and lost PA. Smart move....

The Left simply doesn't understand that fossil fuels like coal generate power that runs the engine of Freedom... Capitalism. Renewables aren't even close to replacing fossil fuels to do that important job! Renewables can't fly overseas. Renewables can't power diesel truck engines or diesel engines on locomotives. Renewables can't fire the turbines that generate massive killowatts of electricity (look at California). Renewables can't run steel mills, or heavy earth moving equipment, or Ocean liners, or American supersonic Military Jets, or heavy lift rockets that launch our communications satellites into orbit.

Leftists do not have America's Freedom in mind calling for an end to the uses of all fossil fuels through the misguided "new green deal". That cannot work, it will not work. Coal works. Natural gas works. Oil works. America is energy independent because of fossil fuels. American Freedom depends on their strong and uninterrupted continued use powering the engine that drives Freedom....Capitalism.

The Left simply doesn't understand that fossil fuels like coal power the energy of Freedom. Renewables aren't even close to replacing fossil fuels to do that important job! Renewables can't fly overseas. Renewables can't power diesel truck engines or diesel engines on locomotives. Renewables can't fire the turbines that generate massive killowatts of electricity (look at California). Renewables can't run steel mills, or heavy earth moving equipment, or Ocean liners, or American supersonic Military Jets, or heavy lift rockets that launch our communications satellites into orbit.

Leftists do not have America's Freedom in mind calling for an end to the uses of all fossil fuels through the misguided "new green deal". That cannot work, it will not work. Coal works. Natural gas works. Oil works. America is energy independent because of fossil fuels. American Freedom depends on their strong and uninterrupted continued use powering the engine of Freedom.
Uses rotary phones.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT