ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on WV/Miami.

Well, not everybody gets the benefit of admitting all the academically challenge kids that WVU and Marshall are able to admit.

Some schools actually have academic standards.
What on earth are you talking about? Miami has the same admission standards for football players as WVU.

What on earth are you talking about? Miami has the same admission standards for football players as WVU.

You serious Clark? No, not even close. Sorry buddy. WVU uses the minimum possible standards allowed under NCAA rules. Miami uses a higher standard.

Somewhere in the near future I suggest you take an IQ test.... ....but be nice and warn the round hole about the square peg before you start beating in there.

You're even worse at this than the other guy. Come on, is that the best you can do?

You serious Clark? No, not even close. Sorry buddy. WVU uses the minimum possible standards allowed under NCAA rules. Miami uses a higher standard.
I love that you kids tell yourselves this, but name 1 player who was qualified via the clearinghouse that Miami has denied admission.

I love that you kids tell yourselves this, but name 1 player who was qualified via the clearinghouse that Miami has denied admission.

It never gets that far. Miami doesn't sign guys that don't meet its minimum standard. The signing process happens long before the NCAA clearinghouse gets involved.

You're not going to win an academic argument. WVU has some of the most pitiful academics in the country.

The stats do back me up. You are using a total offense measure, which is not a meaningful measure of offensive success.

Let me show you guys how to "own" a person who tries to use stats as his argument.

What skabbers is trying to do is use ONE specific stat to make his argument. As if other stats that contradict his argument don't exist.

So, lets delve into his argument a little deeper. He wants to use offensive efficiency, so lets do it.

When one looks at Miami's schedule a little deeper, one sees that 1/4 of their schedule was played against non-power 5 schools. That's right, 25%. 3 out of 12. Of course, those 3 games were wins, as they should have been. So, they really only have 5 wins against power 5 schools. If one would change out those 3 schools for power 5 schools, there is a 50/50 chance Miami loses all 3.

Wouldn't one think that stats would be skewed a little if one out of every four games was against a greatly inferior opponent? To be fair, WVU played ONE non-power 5 opponent in Youngstown State. Won that one pretty easily, too.

If one looks even more carefully at Miami's non-power 5 opponents, one finds that one of those schools was Florida A & M. I can't even find a rivals page on them. Never even heard of them to be honest. I have no idea if they are even a FCS school. Could be JUCO for all we know. Could be less. I'll let Scabbers come on here and try to defend their awesomeness. Then comes the might Florida Atlantic team that went 3-9 against what is FCS competition. Finally, comes Appalachian State from the Sun Belt conference. They went 9-3 so they were pretty good in their conference, but to be fair, all 3 of their losses were to power 5 schools (except maybe Troy - I can't remember). But again, it is FCS and not power 5.

We can delve even deeper and look at how after those 3 games the offensive efficiency changes against what would be a 9 game schedule of power 5 schools but I don't think we have too. We all know what will happen, especially when 4 of those games are losses.

To make an analogy that fits scabbers argument, suppose an Olympic runner (one who didn't even make the Olympics but attempted to) runs a race against a ParaOlympic runner, a Special Olympic runner, and a 3rd grader. He then goes around bragging about his stats, about how he is 5 seconds faster than other "Olympic" runners. He then runs a race against 9 other runners who aren't "para" or "special" or 3rd graders and loses to 4 of them - only one of which would rank in the top 12 in the country (or top 20 for that matter). He then brags about how good he is... this is scabbers argument in a nutshell.

You want to talk stats? The only one that really matters is Wins vs. Losses, isn't it? And in that stat - you lose twice over from us.

That is how you own somebody. Scabbers, you're my bitch!

Let me show you guys how to "own" a person who tries to use stats as his argument.

What skabbers is trying to do is use ONE specific stat to make his argument. As if other stats that contradict his argument don't exist.

So, lets delve into his argument a little deeper. He wants to use offensive efficiency, so lets do it.

When one looks at Miami's schedule a little deeper, one sees that 1/4 of their schedule was played against non-power 5 schools. That's right, 25%. 3 out of 12. Of course, those 3 games were wins, as they should have been. So, they really only have 5 wins against power 5 schools. If one would change out those 3 schools for power 5 schools, there is a 50/50 chance Miami loses all 3.

Wouldn't one think that stats would be skewed a little if one out of every four games was against a greatly inferior opponent? To be fair, WVU played ONE non-power 5 opponent in Youngstown State. Won that one pretty easily, too.

If one looks even more carefully at Miami's non-power 5 opponents, one finds that one of those schools was Florida A & M. I can't even find a rivals page on them. Never even heard of them to be honest. I have no idea if they are even a FCS school. Could be JUCO for all we know. Could be less. I'll let Scabbers come on here and try to defend their awesomeness. Then comes the might Florida Atlantic team that went 3-9 against what is FCS competition. Finally, comes Appalachian State from the Sun Belt conference. They went 9-3 so they were pretty good in their conference, but to be fair, all 3 of their losses were to power 5 schools (except maybe Troy - I can't remember). But again, it is FCS and not power 5.

We can delve even deeper and look at how after those 3 games the offensive efficiency changes against what would be a 9 game schedule of power 5 schools but I don't think we have too. We all know what will happen, especially when 4 of those games are losses.

To make an analogy that fits scabbers argument, suppose an Olympic runner (one who didn't even make the Olympics but attempted to) runs a race against a ParaOlympic runner, a Special Olympic runner, and a 3rd grader. He then goes around bragging about his stats, about how he is 5 seconds faster than other "Olympic" runners. He then runs a race against 9 other runners who aren't "para" or "special" or 3rd graders and loses to 4 of them - only one of which would rank in the top 12 in the country (or top 20 for that matter). He then brags about how good he is... this is scabbers argument in a nutshell.

You want to talk stats? The only one that really matters is Wins vs. Losses, isn't it? And in that stat - you lose twice over from us.

LOL...I'm so deep inside your heads, there are 2 threads on the board about me.

If you own me so badly, why does ESPN predict Miami will win this game? Why does ESPN have Miami ranked higher than WVU? Why does Vegas think Miami will win this game? Why do all of the advanced stats rankings like Miami better?

Reactions: Uswagpak
LOL...I'm so deep inside your heads, there are 2 threads on the board about me.

If you own me so badly, why does ESPN predict Miami will win this game? Why does ESPN have Miami ranked higher than WVU? Why does Vegas think Miami will win this game? Why do all of the advanced stats rankings like Miami better?

You make this too easy.

Why does ESPN predict Miami will win? Who the hell cares what ESPN predicts?

They are hardly Edgar Cayce. They are wrong quite often.

Who made them experts on anything? Its simple... nobody.

ESPN ranks Miami higher? Big whoop... what about the press that actually cover the game? What about the coaches that actually know something about the game? What about the BCS committee? None of those did.

Are we supposed to take the word of ESPN over every other organization? Or are you trying to selectively find something, ANYTHING, to support your weak arguments.

Face it, you guys are losers. Losers 4 times over this year. You lose to one team in the top twenty. Your other losses are to other mediocre teams and one very crappy team. WVU stands to win nothing by beating you guys. A 10 win season and we get paired with a mediocre team. But, in the grand scheme of things, with the bowl tie-in that we have, that's all we were going to get anyway with the ACC.

Nothing to win, everything to lose. We'll be lucky if we care enough to even practice all out the next couple of weeks.

Miami's players get high much more often than ours do. One of the reasons you have been on probation, that and you have a crooked program.

Do you even know what the Total Offense metric is? It's simply average offensive yards per game. That is not a meaningful metric for a lot of reasons. First, yards gained does nothing to tell you about an offense's ability to score points. Second, it doesn't consider pace of play. Some offensive systems, like HUNH, run significantly more plays than others. All else being equal, that will generate a higher Total Offense ranking, but that doesn't mean the offense was efficient or successful. Third, it doesn't factor in the defense and special teams' ability to get good field position for the offense. Better field position means a lower Total Offense ranking.

If you are going to rank offenses based on yards, you should use yards per play rather than yards per game.
I realize my point is beyond your grasp but WVU played 6 offenses better then the best you played. It is not complicated.

Reactions: torontoeers
Simply pointing out a fact. Does WVU have a better win than Pitt?

Holy Shiet !!! I honestly had no idea just how pathetic that OOC Schedule was! Not a single P5? And traveled to Boone NC for Appy St?!? Lmfao ....OOC rank has to be somewhere around 100...surely it must...

Holy Shiet !!! I honestly had no idea just how pathetic that OOC Schedule was! Not a single P5? And traveled to Boone NC for Appy St?!? Lmfao ....OOC rank has to be somewhere around 100...surely it must...

You didn't answer my question. Did WVU beat a top 25 team this year?

You make this too easy.

Why does ESPN predict Miami will win? Who the hell cares what ESPN predicts?

They are hardly Edgar Cayce. They are wrong quite often.

Who made them experts on anything? Its simple... nobody.

ESPN ranks Miami higher? Big whoop... what about the press that actually cover the game? What about the coaches that actually know something about the game? What about the BCS committee? None of those did.

Are we supposed to take the word of ESPN over every other organization? Or are you trying to selectively find something, ANYTHING, to support your weak arguments.

Face it, you guys are losers. Losers 4 times over this year. You lose to one team in the top twenty. Your other losses are to other mediocre teams and one very crappy team. WVU stands to win nothing by beating you guys. A 10 win season and we get paired with a mediocre team. But, in the grand scheme of things, with the bowl tie-in that we have, that's all we were going to get anyway with the ACC.

Nothing to win, everything to lose. We'll be lucky if we care enough to even practice all out the next couple of weeks.

This post reeks of desperation.

I'm living rent free in your heads right now. It's killing you that you just can't get under my skin.

Thanks for proving mine.

God I love arguing with WVU fans. Literally one of the least educated fan bases in America in literally one of the most illiterate states in the union.

Would bet you any amount of money you would want to bet that I have more completed college credits than you and more degrees than you. Only dumbasses make dumb assumptions. We have a great med school, law school, engineering school and business school.

Would bet you any amount of money you would want to bet that I have more completed college credits than you and more degrees than you. Only dumbasses make dumb assumptions. We have a great med school, law school, engineering school and business school.

You have a shit school that is the laughing stock of academia and below many community colleges.

And no, you don't have more degrees than me or anything really.

It never gets that far. Miami doesn't sign guys that don't meet its minimum standard. The signing process happens long before the NCAA clearinghouse gets involved.

You're not going to win an academic argument. WVU has some of the most pitiful academics in the country.
I didnt think you could name one. Thanks for the confirmation. You need to believe whatever helps you sleep at night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT