ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you Neal Brown

I have just so many ways I could respond to that...maybe you should bake yourself some chocolate chip cookies and celebrate...you know..that head coach Neal Brown and the rest of our crack coaching staff will be intact next season!..Lets !!! Go!!!!

!
Happy Mondays Beach GIF by Yevbel

Same as the last 4 years....

Don is an old fella now and is out of touch with the current football landscape. He said what he had to say on a night that it wasnt about Brown. Saturday night was about Don and the seniors.

NCAA football is apples to orenges from when he coached last. The entire game has changed and keeps changing. In this day and age, Don probably would be taken out by some woke kid from Charleston simply for being a nice guy, or for saying God bless or something.
I would say Don understands the problems perfectly. I would say it's you who is out of touch with reality. You make statements how we have done more with less in the past. We have never proven that we can do that in the age of the transfer portal, NiL, Big 12. The fact is that the majority of Wvu's wins regardless of who has been the coach has come against the bottom or middle half of the conference. Before the season started the Nostradamus's said the Duquesne game was the only sure win. In the days of the Big East we had about 4 sure wins a year. When we first entered the Big 12 we had Iowa State and Kansas now those programs have improved. Don maybe old but I'm sure he has more reasonable expectations than you have.

1. So you support firing a coach who is 7-4 this season, with potential to win 9 games? Man, that's difficult to understand. Look at Florida State. They were ready to kick their guy to the curb and this year they are undefeated and HAD a shot at a national title until their QB went down.

2. Funny how you shout off on Caridi for saying "tough, that's life" but you support certain politicians who have a much harder stance publicly with their statements than this. Just odd to me, but oh well.
Ok, then tell me, Why did WVU give up on Coach Stewart? He averaged 9 wins. Sincerely, asking a legit question.

Well you know BRU, when people form an opinion of a show, it's typically because they listened or watched a few episodes and then decided they didn't like it or they did. It's called forming an opinion. Have you ever done it?
You live on a message board bitching constantly that a game being played by 19-year olds is making you really unhappy.

Yeah...lots of people would switch lives with you right now.

Ok, then tell me, Why did WVU give up on Coach Stewart? He averaged 9 wins. Sincerely, asking a legit question.
What does Stewart have to do with Brown? Boy are you reaching. You realize the people that made those decisions are no longer there and we were in a different conference. What point exactly are you trying to make, because I dont see one.

That admin wasn't happy with nine wins but this one is okay with seven? Different times bro, its 2023....get caught up.

What does Stewart have to do with Brown? Boy are you reaching. You realize the people that made those decisions are no longer there and we were in a different conference. What point exactly are you trying to make, because I dont see one.

That admin wasn't happy with nine wins but this one is okay with seven? Different times bro, its 2023....get caught up.
So our expectations have diminished? Ok, got it. That makes more sense than anything. Thanks for clarifying

Reactions: deedoubleyou
it's the schedules,,anyone should be able to figure that one out..there were eight teams in the BE..that's seven games..which means you schedule five..non-conference games...four that are almost sure wins and one that you may not be favored in

Reactions: Jason Voorhees
I will answer for you I think Bill Stewart greatly underachieved. He was the only coach that walked into a readymade situation. Wvu was the Oklahoma and Texas of the Big East that Stewart inherited. He had teams that were pretty much guaranteed to win 8-9 games at a minimum. He lost 4 games in each of his 3 seasons when he probably should have only lost two a year at the most. If he would have won 9 games with the schedules, we play today I would say he did a much better than average job. I think Bill Stewart is the kind of coach that would win 3 or 4 games a year if he were coaching a Big 12 team.

it's the schedules,,anyone should be able to figure that one out..there were eight teams in the BE..that's seven games..which means you schedule five..non-conference games...four that are almost sure wins and one that you may not be favored in
Some of the seasons in the Big East we were playing 3-4 teams a year that were only winning 2-3 games a year. Quite a big difference than what we have to deal with today.

Reactions: WVUFanForever
I have just so many ways I could respond to that...maybe you should bake yourself some chocolate chip cookies and celebrate...you know..that head coach Neal Brown and the rest of our crack coaching staff will be intact next season!..Lets !!! Go!!!!

!
Happy Mondays Beach GIF by Yevbel
Nice post....

My perspective of Stewart and that time. I don't recall the fake fan base being as fervent then as it is now with Brown. Luck gave up on him and wanted to hire the next great young coach entering the Big 12 and personally, I thought it was terrible how they treated Stewart. I liked Luck a great deal from his days as QB and throughout his career but I believe he really sucked during this time.

I will answer for you I think Bill Stewart greatly underachieved. He was the only coach that walked into a readymade situation. Wvu was the Oklahoma and Texas of the Big East that Stewart inherited. He had teams that were pretty much guaranteed to win 8-9 games at a minimum. He lost 4 games in each of his 3 seasons when he probably should have only lost two a year at the most. If he would have won 9 games with the schedules, we play today I would say he did a much better than average job. I think Bill Stewart is the kind of coach that would win 3 or 4 games a year if he were coaching a Big 12 team.
There’s one problem with this, how do you explain WVU beating ranked teams? What about OOC games against schools like Maryland? It’s not like WVU was struggling with William Mary and Richmond and getting blown off the field by Oklahoma like we are now. How did Nehlen walk into Norman in 1982 and win? I’m sorry, this theory doesn’t work. For whatever anyone thinks of Stewart, he won and averaged 9 wins his entire tenure. Why wasn’t that good enough, but Brown struggling and unable to reach that level is ok?

I don't know. I was against that decision. Still, pressure was put on Brown to do better, and he did. So firing him for doing better is the right thing to do?

Reactions: WESTBGVA
You should quit hating on Brown and the football team, they are going to be 8-4, one play from 9-3 and going to a Bowl. Makes no sense to simply hate watch them and bitch about them non stop on a message board. You must be a miserable person to be around.
Team is 7-4 and all this garbage talk of one play from 9-3 is pure BS. They are 7-4 plain and simple. If you want play this one play away from crap game WVU was also a play away from 2 other losses and would be 5-6 needing a win against Baylor to be bowl eligible.

Just go with the 7-4 and be thankful and get this last win for 8-4 (6-3) finish.

Reactions: ThePunish-EER
There’s one problem with this, how do you explain WVU beating ranked teams? What about OOC games against schools like Maryland? It’s not like WVU was struggling with William Mary and Richmond and getting blown off the field by Oklahoma like we are now. How did Nehlen walk into Norman in 1982 and win? I’m sorry, this theory doesn’t work. For whatever anyone thinks of Stewart, he won and averaged 9 wins his entire tenure. Why wasn’t that good enough, but Brown struggling and unable to reach that level is ok?
The problem is Wvu rarely beats ranked teams regardless of who the coach is. The Oklahoma game in Norman in 82 was the exception it wasn't the norm. That Oklahoma team was 8-4 and finished 16th they weren't competing for a conference championship. What was Nehlen's record against Penn State? The years that he did beat PSU what was PSU's Record? Remember the Home game against Miami in 86. Miami won 58-14 that year. With the exception of a few years here and there most of Wvu's wins came at the expense of beating programs that are inferior to us. The 1982 win at Norman was the exception the 2005 Sugar Bowl and 2007 Fiesta Bowl were very rare exceptions The traditional Norm for Wvu prior to the Big 12 was to beat 4-5 programs that were below us and maybe 2-3 on our same level and hopefully 1 or 2 above us. The problem today is we aren't playing 4-5 teams that are significantly below us. We are playing teams that are slightly below us to on the same plane and 3 or so above us.

Another thing is WVU hasn't been padding its ooc schedule with cream puffs if it did you can add maybe 1-2 more wins a season.

Last edited:
Reactions: WESTBGVA
I don't know. I was against that decision. Still, pressure was put on Brown to do better, and he did. So firing him for doing better is the right thing to do?
a simple answer would be to say it's possible that winning eight games in this league is equivalent to ten wins in the BE..but there is really no way to prove that since rosters change so much every year....TCU was in the national championship game last year and Cincinnati was in the playoffs two years ago

Last edited:
So our expectations have diminished? Ok, got it. That makes more sense than anything. Thanks for clarifying
Comprehension isn't your strong point is it...if you think coaching in 2007 like Stewart did is the same as Brown is is 2023....you really are low IQ.

Team is 7-4 and all this garbage talk of one play from 9-3 is pure BS. They are 7-4 plain and simple. If you want play this one play away from crap game WVU was also a play away from 2 other losses and would be 5-6 needing a win against Baylor to be bowl eligible.

Just go with the 7-4 and be thankful and get this last win for 8-4 (6-3) finish.
They were one pass being knocked down from 8-3 right now....FACT

So coaches in 2007 are now obsolete. Obviously, You are low IQ

Um ok
OMG are you really this low IQ? You can link where anyone said anything about being obsolete...We will all wait.

So coaching in 2007 is the same as it is today?

Take your time on this one, don't show the board how truly low IQ you are...think it out.

OMG are you really this low IQ? You can link where anyone said anything about being obsolete...We will all wait.

So coaching in 2007 is the same as it is today?

Take your time on this one, don't show the board how truly low IQ you are...think it out.
Knock yourself out with your childish insults

Knock yourself out with your childish insults
So you can't answer the question. I assumed it would be to tough for you....nice deflection when you are proven wrong.

Go ahead and say it....Stewart's situation 15 years ago has nothing to do with Brown. I was wrong and you were right WVUFF...it will make you feel better....

Lol Based on his replies, I’d say he wasn’t born yet to know anything about WVU besides the Holgorsen and Brown era.
OMG That is so funny.LMAO...LMAO...LMAO!

So...still not able to answer a simple question I see...its okay....questions are hard for people like you.

Punisher routine...asks question...gets it answered...answer proves he is a dumbass....diverts to something else....repeat.

Last edited:
ok....So that means you are engaging with an underage person on a message board....what are you exactly?

BTW...don't ask punisher questions....he has trouble answering things when proven wrong.
If you really think about it, letting Rich Rod finish what he started here makes more sense than anything. He will coach better here than he would anywhere else because he knows he messed up by leaving even though he had a lot of reasons to, and he wants more than anything to rectify it.

Rich could have been in the Hall of Fame ring they just put Nehlen in if he stayed....but staying here wasn't good enough for him like it was for Nehlen...he had to chasse for bigger and better....and he has pretty much failed every where he went after WVU....there is a reason he is it at Jax State.

Sometimes you get what you deserve.

Reactions: WVUBRU
My perspective of Stewart and that time. I don't recall the fake fan base being as fervent then as it is now with Brown. Luck gave up on him and wanted to hire the next great young coach entering the Big 12 and personally, I thought it was terrible how they treated Stewart. I liked Luck a great deal from his days as QB and throughout his career but I believe he really sucked during this time.
There were a lot of people (people you would call fake fans) who thought Stew was in over his head, and they were probably right. I loved Bill, but he was in over his head. He needed to nail it on the OC/DC hires and he didnt, and that was it. His Mullen offense would have been the laughing stock of the B12. Luck bailed WVU out of a bad situation that no one wanted to be in. Without him I dont know if we get into a good conference when the Big East got killed. Holgs wasnt the best hire, but he was way better than what we got now and way better than Bill would have been. Bill was an emotional hire that should have never happened.

Last edited:
They were 2 blocked FG away from losing at TCU and a final drive ended at the WVU 11 from losing 2 more....FACT
The 2 most glaring facts of the Neal Brown era

1.). 0-16 against teams that finished in the top 25

2.). WVU unranked and outside the top 25 for the last 5 years

Reactions: deedoubleyou
Rich could have been in the Hall of Fame ring they just put Nehlen in if he stayed....but staying here wasn't good enough for him like it was for Nehlen...he had to chasse for bigger and better....and he has pretty much failed every where he went after WVU....there is a reason he is it at Jax State.

Sometimes you get what you deserve.
He will be in the Hall of Fame. He is the best coach WVU ever had, and if Luck was the AD when Rich was here, he might not have left. He asked for raises for his assistant coaches. Ed said no. He wanted facility upgrades. Ed said no. He didnt want to play Marshall. Ed and Joe Manchin did it anyway. Maybe it doesnt go down that way if Luck was AD then, but UM gave him a huge raise on top of it. Where he really messed up is not having a press conference. He is the best coach WVU ever had.

Wow so apparently Neal Brown said one of the smartest things he's said since he's been coaching here. He said the duel threat QB has been good at WVU and seems to be eluding to the fact that it might be the way to go at WVU. I mean, 5 years too late but wow lol. It is sad that it takes him practically being forced to use Greene, who he recruited, despite obvously punishing Greene for 3 years for not being the pocket passer that Brown desires for him, to figure this out. It didnt matter that Greene ran for a first down every time he touched the ball coming off the bench, Neal would punish him for not staying in the pocket even though he kept making positive plays. Always made me wonder why he even recruited this kid. Now though, even though Greene has been the best QB on the roster for a few years now, he still had some kind of offseason QB competition that was totally ridiculous when you see the clear difference between Greene and Nicco on the field, but some how Neal did it anyway, until there was literally no other option than Greene. This kid has endured a lot from this Clown of a coach. But wow, finally Neal Brown is admitting that it might just be the way to go moving forward --to use a duel threat QB. Doh! The Neal is actually moving the right direction in his pea brain and I have to admit, if he shocks the world and does 100 more smart things, we might be onto something with him......

Brown needs to be on the phone with Rich Rod right now learning how to use that system, and coach well. Do it!! Hire Rich as the new OC/coach in waiting....

Last edited:
he's lucky to have any type of coaching job..that lawsuit at AZ was only dismissed because it wasn't filed within the required time period..his checkered past would be hard to overlook

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT