ADVERTISEMENT

Stop self-medicating, morons!

giphy.gif

This New York Times article is a perfect example of the lengths the main stream media will go to attach Trump to any and everything bad. He made a statement the drug is a game changer and Trump’s name appears in a story where two Jacka$$es take fish drugs and are hospitalized and one dies. This information was floating around long before the “Loud Mouth” ever opened his mouth.

Sometimes thinning of the herd is ok.
Yep, and this is why:
This New York Times article is a perfect example of the lengths the main stream media will go to attach Trump to any and everything bad. He made a statement the drug is a game changer and Trump’s name appears in a story where two Jacka$$es take fish drugs and are hospitalized and one dies. This information was floating around long before the “Loud Mouth” ever opened his mouth.
You read that as a hit piece on him when the dumb shit literally mentioned it could be used against COVID19. Someone end this post-fact reality already...

Yep, and this is why:

You read that as a hit piece on him when the dumb shit literally mentioned it could be used against COVID19. Someone end this post-fact reality already...

Come on man. That is just plain stupid on those people’s parts. They are grown and we’re trying to blame this on what somebody said? Shewie what a poor take.

Come on man. That is just plain stupid on those people’s parts. They are grown and we’re trying to blame this on what somebody said? Shewie what a poor take.
Well, I mean that is the reason we have warning on plastic bags not to put on your head and other such nonsense warnings on products. Grown adults are often morons

Yep, and this is why:

Really dude, I mean Trump did say He thinks it could be a game changer and he stressed this was his opinion. 60 some year old people didn’t know not to take fish aquarium shit. It doesn’t matter what POTUS says some people twist it to what ever way they want to here it.

Stupid people read and hear what he says. You don't think people have done stupid things based on what other presidents have said in the past?

Sure they could have Googled that chemical and made their own conclusions, but whining it's a mainstream media (good grief people, your attachment to that phrase) attack on Trump? It merely pointed it out in the tweet. It's factual he said it, so what's the problem?

Stupid people read and hear what he says. You don't think people have done stupid things based on what other presidents have said in the past?

Sure they could have Googled that chemical and made their own conclusions, but whining it's a mainstream media (good grief people, your attachment to that phrase) attack on Trump? It merely pointed it out in the tweet. It's factual he said it, so what's the problem?
Stupid people are so partisan they will do and say anything—even at a time when most people realize now is not the time—to try to blame political opponents for every misfortune in the news. The inspiring silver lining in this black Coronavirus cloud is the unity this moment is bringing. Stupid people can’t wait to get back to partisan bickering and congressional gridlock.

The drug the President mentioned and the ingredient of the tank cleaner are two different things although they have similar names.

you got suckered, dumbass.

They aren't "two different things." I think you mean that hydroxychloroquine is derived from chloroquine and are different chemicals. They are very similar and are used for the same indications. But the woman said later when interviewed that she got the idea from hearing the president speak about the drug. Trump did mention chloroquine (along with hydroxychloroquine) as being the cure. The husband thought that taking a teaspoonful of the tank cleaner would be a good idea. Turns out that a teaspoonful of the tank cleaner contained a lethal dose of the drug.

So did Trump tell these people to consume aquarium cleaner and is, thus, directly at fault? No. Are these people idiots? Yes. Should Trump, with his laymen at best knowledge of pharmacology, go on stage and proclaim that a drug that has very little evidence from a very small case study is a miracle cure? No, because stupid people will do things like this.

If nothing else the coronavirus calamity has shown one thing to me. It's that an alarmingly high percentage of humans will talk out of their ass about subjects they know absolutely nothing about with such conviction that they actually know what they are talking about. The media does it (Fox News, MSNBC, and, to a lesser extent, the non crazy media). The president does it. Random idiots on Twitter do it.

I wish everyone would just shut the hell up and listen to experts. It's classic Dunning-Kruger effect in action.
kisspng-learning-curve-learning-theory-knowledge-5b2af1f2de69b1.649090761529541106911.png

And everyone seems to be permanently stuck on naively confident 24/7.

Edit: rewrote the first paragraph to lower confusion as to what I meant.

Last edited:
They aren't "two different things." Hydroxychloroquine is derived from chloroquine. They are very similar and are used for the same indications. The woman said later when interviewed that she got the idea from hearing the president speak about the drug. The husband thought that taking a teaspoonful of the tank cleaner would be a good idea. Turns out that a teaspoonful of the tank cleaner contained a lethal dose of the drug.

So did Trump tell these people to consume aquarium cleaner and is, thus, directly at fault? No. Are these people idiots? Yes. Should Trump, with his laymen at best knowledge of pharmacology, go on stage and proclaim that a drug that has very little evidence from a very small case study is a miracle cure? No, because stupid people will do things like this.

If nothing else the coronavirus calamity has shown one thing to me. It's that an alarmingly high percentage of humans will talk out of their ass about subjects they know absolutely nothing about with such conviction that they actually know what they are talking about. The media does it (Fox News, MSNBC, and, to a lesser extent, the non crazy media). The president does it. Random idiots on Twitter do it.

I wish everyone would just shut the hell up and listen to experts. It's classic Dunning-Kruger effect in action.
kisspng-learning-curve-learning-theory-knowledge-5b2af1f2de69b1.649090761529541106911.png

The ingredient in the fish tank additive was chloroquine phosphate which is different than what goes into the malaria drug.

The ingredient in the fish tank additive was chloroquine phosphate which is different than what goes into the malaria drug.

How so? The malaria drug that has been all the vogue is chloroquine (and its derivative hydroxychloroquine). The ingredient in the fish tank cleaner was also chloroquine.

Yep, and this is why:

You read that as a hit piece on him when the dumb shit literally

mentioned it could be used

against COVID19. Someone end this post-fact reality already...
It's being used all over the world and NY. Demacrates dont wont it to work. Death is a great political
Tool.

Reactions: trackboy

I missed the part were he said drink fish bowl cleaner

They aren't "two different things." Hydroxychloroquine is derived from chloroquine. They are very similar and are used for the same indications. The woman said later when interviewed that she got the idea from hearing the president speak about the drug. The husband thought that taking a teaspoonful of the tank cleaner would be a good idea. Turns out that a teaspoonful of the tank cleaner contained a lethal dose of the drug.

Post the chemical compositions of Chloroquine phosphate, which is the tank cleaner ingredient, and hydroxychloroquine, the drug President Trump mentioned.

They are different.

I missed the part were he said drink fish bowl cleaner
Yeah was wondering what you were talking about. Nice added political slant as it's a perfect example of how polarization is screwing our country up. FVck facts just blame the other party first and ask questions later.
Post the chemical compositions of Chloroquine phosphate, which is the tank cleaner ingredient, and hydroxychloroquine, the drug President Trump mentioned.

They are different.
Facts are irrelevant when first gut reactions are to blame an opposing political party. Polarization is going to kill this country.

They are different.
Clearly if they were dumb enough to drink it they were dumb enough not to know they were different. Do I think that trump is responsible for them drinking it? No. Stupid people do stupid things. As the president of the United states should Trump be held to a higher standard when he makes public comments and shouldn't he be smart enough not to say some of the things he says? Yes, without question.

They are different.

Trump mentioned both drugs over the course of the last few weeks. He actually mentioned chloroquine first because Bayer was going to donate it to the US.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/19/wha...nd-elon-musk-have-touted-for-coronavirus.html

President Donald Trump said he had directed the Food and Drug Administration to investigate whether chloroquine, which is available by prescription only, should be given to patients with the virus. Bayer, the international drugmaker, then noted in a press release that it would donate 3 million tablets of the drug Resochin, or chloroquine phosphate, to U.S. patients. Trump also pointed to another existing drug, remdesivir, an anti-viral developed by drugmaker Gilead, which is already being used in China to treat COVID-19.

Not that it matters because they are basically the same thing.

Clearly if they were dumb enough to drink it they were dumb enough not to know they were different. Do I think that trump is responsible for them drinking it? No. Stupid people do stupid things. As the president of the United states should Trump be held to a higher standard when he makes public comments and shouldn't he be smart enough not to say some of the things he says? Yes, without question.

Higher standard?

FE110133-50-FB-4-A83-B2-A7-CA0-F7905-F95-C.jpg

Facts are irrelevant when first gut reactions are to blame an opposing political party. Polarization is going to kill this country.
I am a registered independent and I am not blaming Trump for the deaths of that man. I clearly wrote this in my post above. Not only am I using facts it's impossible for me to blame an opposing party. Please become more literate.

Reactions: oldschooleer
I am a registered independent and I am not blaming Trump for the deaths of that man. I clearly wrote this in my post above. Not only am I using facts it's impossible for me to blame an opposing party. Please become more literate.
I was referencing the post blaming democrats for "downplaying" the drug itself. And don't be an asshole calling me illiterate....we both went to the same college.

They are not the same thing. Here are the molecular compositions.

Chloroquine phosphate: C18H32ClN3O8P2

Hydroxychloroquine: C18H26ClN3O

I'm well aware of that. My point is that Trump has mentioned both drugs over the course of the last few weeks. I've been consistent about this during the entire thread here.

See the article I linked to above? Trump said he wanted to FDA to investigate chloroquine. The fish tank cleaner had chloroquine in it.

Again, I'm not blaming this on Trump. It's silly to do so. Those people are just idiots. But at the same time, he shouldn't go in front of a microphone and pretend he is an infectious disease expert and tell people that we found a miracle cure for COVID-19. That's it. That's my point.

Reactions: wvu84fan
I was referencing the post blaming democrats for "downplaying" the drug itself. And don't be an asshole calling me illiterate....we both went to the same college.

You were replying to the gentleman that thinks he knows more about drugs than a pharmacist in which he attempted to laymansplain to me that hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine are two different drugs as if I wasn't aware of this.

when idiots double down....

Reactions: RockonTex
Higher standard?

FE110133-50-FB-4-A83-B2-A7-CA0-F7905-F95-C.jpg
Yes, higher standard. As the president of the United states (any president, not just Trump) people look to you to supposedly be more knowledgeable on subjects. They also look to you to set certain levels of what's acceptable. As such you can't (shouldn't) say whatever you feel whenever you feel it. It has real consequences. You also shouldn't try to make it sound like you know more about subjects than you really do, because people believe you. If I recall correctly not a single medical person said this drug was a game changer, so why would you go on national tv and use such strong language?

Yes, higher standard. As the president of the United states (any president, not just Trump) people look to you to supposedly be more knowledgeable on subjects. They also look to you to set certain levels of what's acceptable. As such you can't (shouldn't) say whatever you feel whenever you feel it. It has real consequences. You also shouldn't try to make it sound like you know more about subjects than you really do, because people believe you. If I recall correctly not a single medical person said this drug was a game changer, so why would you go on national tv and use such strong language?
The best leaders surround themselves with experts and leverage them to build strategy and solve problems. Politics in general seems to be losing that concept because political views take priority. It's why the Bolsheviks killed the educated.

Yep, and this is why:

Glad Biden isn't in charge of this thing. He'd get all confused and claim arsenic as a game changer demanding clinical trials. We'd all be dead. Well, probably only liberals would be watching so.....

I'm well aware of that. My point is that Trump has mentioned both drugs over the course of the last few weeks. I've been consistent about this during the entire thread here.

See the article I linked to above? Trump said he wanted to FDA to investigate chloroquine. The fish tank cleaner had chloroquine in it.

Again, I'm not blaming this on Trump. It's silly to do so. Those people are just idiots. But at the same time, he shouldn't go in front of a microphone and pretend he is an infectious disease expert and tell people that we found a miracle cure for COVID-19. That's it. That's my point.

Now here I'd tend to disagree.

He has every right, and some might even say obligation, to give people hope and spread knowledge of what is being looked at. If he didn't say anything the media would attack him for that claiming he delayed getting out vital information.

He doesn't need to be an expert on it to know it seems promising. He shouldn't need to be an expert on it to mention it.

The best leaders surround themselves with experts and leverage them to build strategy and solve problems. Politics in general seems to be losing that concept because political views take priority. It's why the Bolsheviks killed the educated.
I've always said the biggest threat to people in power is a well educated public

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT