ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt's coach talks Backyard Brawl and WVU

People fall into two camps on this

Camp A likes a storied rivalry and a local OOC game against a decent P5 team along with national TV exposure more often than not

Camp B hates Pitt so much that the idea of playing them again pisses them off

....and then there's Camp C; Those with a hatred of all things Pitt, we want to play the game every year, because,...well, every Big Dog needs a bitch, and there ain't nothin' like makin' them ours...

Reactions: MntnEERinSC
Why can't you hate them AND still want to see the game? You'd think that haters would want the opportunity to pound the team they dislike so much..........

....scratch that thought. I just realized that while I don't hate Marshall, I still dislike them....but I don't want to see that game take place, so I can't use that theory in reference to Pitt while ignoring it in regards to Marshall. Nevermind my logic, I'm just over here consuming oxygen for apparently no real purpose.

Camp A likes a storied rivalry and a local OOC game against a decent P5 team along with national TV exposure more often than not

Helps them more than it helps us. I don't like helping sPitt.

PS. Don't miss their fans one bit either!

uh no.

they can play marshall and battle in front of announced crowds of 30k.

I dont miss the ferry rides, the Ketchup Bottle Field, or some yinzer announcer making tractor announcements.

work on playing Maryland instead.

Camp D - play them when you can fit them into the schedule as another OOC game.

If we can replace Georgia Southern and whatever directional school we're signed to play each year with Pitt and move the game to Thanksgiving Weekend, I'm all for it.

I would much rather play Pitt than Maryland. The two schools I miss playing most are Pitt and Virginia Tech. I hope we can get the Pitt game back soon. Being in the Big 12 and with all the teams in the conference halfway across the country Pitt Virginia Tech Maryland and Penn State would be great teams to play ooc. I would like to see us play Miami again also.

Pitt, Virginia Tech, Penn State and Maryland are close, natural rivalries. Unfortunately we can't play all of them every year since we had only three OOC spots, and sometimes one goes for a neutral field major payday, but it would be nice to have one in Mountaineer Field and one on the road every season. I know that would be a tremendous schedule with the Big 12 lineup, but are we men or mice? What a schedule that would be! If you wants to be among the best, then you have to play a schedule that reflects it. Going 12-0 or even 11-1 probably would mean an invitation to the national college playoff, which eventually will go to 8 teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT