ADVERTISEMENT

Obama sent personal letters to the 46 felons he released but never contacted Kate Steinle's family

This can't be this hard for you to understand:

Justice Department lawyers argued that the state statute should be declared invalid because it has improperly preempted federal law.
"In our constitutional system, the power to regulate immigration is exclusively vested in the federal government," the brief said. "The immigration framework set forth by Congress and administered by federal agencies reflects a careful and considered balance of national law enforcement, foreign relations, and humanitarian concerns -- concerns that belong to the nation as a whole, not a single state."

In this case, the Feds claim that the state is preempting federal law. In San Fran, they make just the opposite argument. That San Fran is free to ignore Federal law (detainers) since it is best to leave this decision up to the local authorities.

Have you thought that just maybe the reason the Federal government jumped in on the Arizona situation was because of the possibility of racial profiling? San Francisco didn't have that situation. That's how I take it. But I have thoughts outside of "everything is Obama's fault" that some have.....

Yes, I know what it says. You avoided the question. Do you think it is OK for authorities to look at someone as racially profile them? That's what is being done. And if someone didn't have their legal documents, they could be detained until it was sorted out. So, you better bring your papers or you are going to jail. Yeah, sounds like a great idea!

Yes I do. Much more likely for a man of Hispanic descent to be an illegal alien in Arizona than one that is black or white. It just saves time.

Have you thought that just maybe the reason the Federal government jumped in on the Arizona situation was because of the possibility of racial profiling? San Francisco didn't have that situation. That's how I take it. But I have thoughts outside of "everything is Obama's fault" that some have.....

LMAO. Yeah, that's it. Racial profiling. Politics can't have anything to do with it

For you, it's only "politics" when it involves the Democrats. [thumbsup] Right?

So you admit that Obama's desperate attempt to lock in Hispanic votes has resulted in deaths of American citizens. At last some sanity.

So you admit that Obama's desperate attempt to lock in Hispanic votes has resulted in deaths of American citizens. At last some sanity.

We should just charge Obama for murder or manslaughter? I mean, according to you, it's his fault this lady lost her life. Wait, I thought blaming others for actions of criminals was a liberal thing. Aren't you a conservative?

We should just charge Obama for murder or manslaughter? I mean, according to you, it's his fault this lady lost her life. Wait, I thought blaming others for actions of criminals was a liberal thing. Aren't you a conservative?

All I know is that she's dead because of DHS policies.

All I know is that she's dead because of DHS policies.

Well, I say we charge gun manufacturers for the deaths of those in the movie theatre in Colorado. The guy got convicted today, but it wasn't entirely his fault. Loose gun laws allowed him to get a gun so easily. Right? [thumbsup]

Well, I say we charge gun manufacturers for the deaths of those in the movie theatre in Colorado. The guy got convicted today, but it wasn't entirely his fault. Loose gun laws allowed him to get a gun so easily. Right? [thumbsup]
so it's gun manufacturers fault there are loose gun laws? Did he buy direct from the manufacturer? Very odd analogy.

so it's gun manufacturers fault there are loose gun laws? Did he buy direct from the manufacturer? Very odd analogy.

Hey, just saying. Or should I say it's the Conservative Republicans who should be held accountable then since they continue blocking gun regulation??? Now do you see my point?

Hey, just saying. Or should I say it's the Conservative Republicans who should be held accountable then since they continue blocking gun regulation??? Now do you see my point?
No point there. The killer found the gun, which had been stolen and dropped in the park, probably after being used by the thief in another crime. That said, it's laughable to blame Obama or even say he supports sanctuary cities - you can't find one statement or writing by him that says he does. One may as well blame George H.W. Bush, since San Francisco passed its sanctuary ordinance in 1989 and he did nothing. Blame nobody but San Francisco officials for ignoring their own law - it supposedly requires the city and county to cooperate with Federal immigration officials

Since you are looking elsewhere to place blame you might want to consider the job the Liberal Democrats have done in Chicago. Keep in mind that the Liberal Democrats in Chicago have enacted some of the toughest gun laws in the country. Only one problem; They have failed miserably in enforcing those laws. . All show and no action. The same goes for Baltimore and many other cities where the Liberal Democrat leadership has allowed "open season".

July To Date
Shot & Killed: 30
Shot & Wounded: 137
Total Shot: 167
Total Homicides: 32

Week In Progress (7/12 -7/18)
Shot & Killed: 6
Shot & Wounded: 31
Total Shot: 37
Total Homicides: 6

Year To Date
Shot & Killed: 219
Shot & Wounded: 1227
Total Shot: 1446
Total Homicides: 253

Since you are looking elsewhere to place blame you might want to consider the job the Liberal Democrats have done in Chicago. Keep in mind that the Liberal Democrats in Chicago have enacted some of the toughest gun laws in the country. Only one problem; They have failed miserably in enforcing those laws. . All show and no action. The same goes for Baltimore and many other cities where the Liberal Democrat leadership has allowed "open season".

July To Date
Shot & Killed: 30
Shot & Wounded: 137
Total Shot: 167
Total Homicides: 32

Week In Progress (7/12 -7/18)
Shot & Killed: 6
Shot & Wounded: 31
Total Shot: 37
Total Homicides: 6

Year To Date
Shot & Killed: 219
Shot & Wounded: 1227
Total Shot: 1446
Total Homicides: 253

OK, you are missing my post entirely. I don't blame gun manufacturers. I was simply spinning it like the OP did against Obama for the sanctuary cities. He was placing blame on Obama for what happened in San Francisco, like it was his fault.

You have no point. San Fran is in VIOLATION of existing federal law. The Administration is OK with that and doesn't enforce the law. San Fran releases illegal immigrant felons back into the population. DHS doesn the same thing out of federal prisons. Even the liberal USA Today has called for enforcement of these laws.

OK, you are missing my post entirely. I don't blame gun manufacturers. I was simply spinning it like the OP did against Obama for the sanctuary cities. He was placing blame on Obama for what happened in San Francisco, like it was his fault.

The fact of the matter is that the President ordered his Justice Dept. to stand down on enforcing some Federal laws and some jurisdictions totally ignored Federal law and nothing was done about it. In light of some recent Supreme Court rulings, does State and City laws have precedent over Federal laws? I don't think so.

You have no point. San Fran is in VIOLATION of existing federal law. The Administration is OK with that and doesn't enforce the law. San Fran releases illegal immigrant felons back into the population. DHS doesn the same thing out of federal prisons. Even the liberal USA Today has called for enforcement of these laws.

Cry me a river will ya. Blame the past administration. They were just as much to blame as the current one.

Cry me a river will ya. Blame the past administration. They were just as much to blame as the current one.

Lol. Bush has been out of office for 7 years. Nice try. You may want to call Kate's parents and tell them to cry you a river.

Not true my friend. Bush has nothing to do with Obama's policies. These are Obama decisions.

Sanctuary cities were around during Bush's years. He could have done something. Chose not to. It's his fault. Damn you Bush! Damn you!

Sanctuary cities were around during Bush's years. He could have done something. Chose not to. It's his fault. Damn you Bush! Damn you!

Nice try. It is OBAMA ADMINISTRATION policy that shielded San Fran's catch and release policy. No amount of spin is going to change that.

I just think your position on a constitutionally protected right is bizarre

I don't think the killer in San Fran was legally in possession of the gun he used in this murder. I believe the gun was stolen from a Federal Agent. Do you still want to blame Conservative Republicans because they supported the arming of the Federal officer ?
Also why would the far left Liberal Democrat leadership in San Fran allow this nut to even possess this gun? They did nothing to stop him from having the gun.

I don't think the killer in San Fran was legally in possession of the gun he used in this murder. I believe the gun was stolen from a Federal Agent. Do you still want to blame Conservative Republicans because they supported the arming of the Federal officer ?
Also why would the far left Liberal Democrat leadership in San Fran allow this nut to even possess this gun? They did nothing to stop him from having the gun.

OH Lord! I wasn't serious with that post about guns. I was using it to get under the OP skin by his always, ALWAYS, blaming Obama for everything. OK?

OH Lord! I wasn't serious with that post about guns. I was using it to get under the OP skin by his always, ALWAYS, blaming Obama for everything. OK?

Fair enough. I also don't blame Obama for everything. I have sided with him on several issues. My beef with him has been about his lies and his pandering to certain groups to gain votes. I blame this illegal immigration problem on both Republican and Democrat President. And for what its worth, I blamed Bush for a lot of things including his refusal to enforce immigration laws..

Fair enough. I also don't blame Obama for everything. I have sided with him on several issues. My beef with him has been about his lies and his pandering to certain groups to gain votes. I blame this illegal immigration problem on both Republican and Democrat President. And for what its worth, I blamed Bush for a lot of things including his refusal to enforce immigration laws..

That's being a modern-day politician. Like it or not, it's how it is and will remain. People have been saying Trump isn't like that. BULLSHIT!

Even if Bush supported sanctuary cities, it is farsical to blame San Fran's shooting on him. Obama has changed most if not all Bush policies. The San Fran shooting is on the Feds and San Fran from releasing felons into the country. DHS releases significant numbers of felons from federal detention rather than deporting them. The Feds are ok with San Fran's release program. These are Obama policies.

It was a ridiculous analogy to being with. You may want to try and come up with another one.

That's being a modern-day politician. Like it or not, it's how it is and will remain. People have been saying Trump isn't like that. BULLSHIT!

I'm not sure about that. I have always felt how he does about losing American jobs to China, Mexico and others. Maybe he would end up being like any other politician, but we don't know for sure. When it comes to China, we all are aware of the Clinton's track record.

The Feds are ok with San Fran's release program. These are Obama policies.
Bullsh*t. ICE was the first to complain that they had filed a detention request with San Francisco and it was ignored. And Obama's executive order did not allow for willy nilly release of violent felons, in fact, it specifically shifts focus toward rounding them up.

Last edited:
Even if Bush supported sanctuary cities, it is farsical to blame San Fran's shooting on him. Obama has changed most if not all Bush policies. The San Fran shooting is on the Feds and San Fran from releasing felons into the country. DHS releases significant numbers of felons from federal detention rather than deporting them. The Feds are ok with San Fran's release program. These are Obama policies.
You seem to be missing the point that San Fran became a sanctuary city in 1989, and there are something like 31 sanctuary cities in the US. LA was the first in 1979. I guess that is somehow the fault of Carter, Clinton, and Obama though.

I think you have a couple of legitimate places to point a finger - San Fran for adhering to a general policy given the criminal history of this guy or ICE for not getting the proper paperwork to San Fran in order to get SFPD to hand him over to ICE upon release.

Bullsh*t. ICE was the first to complain that they had filed a detention request with San Francisco and it was ignored.

DHS Secretary Johnson testifed just a few days ago that DSH is not going to require that cities hold illegal immigrant felons. He testified that it is best left up to the cities. This testimony occurred after Kate's death. Nice try.

BTW, San Fran broke federal law. Is DHS doing anything about it? They sued Arizona, right?

You seem to be missing the point that San Fran became a sanctuary city in 1989, and there are something like 31 sanctuary cities in the US. LA was the first in 1979. I guess that is somehow the fault of Carter, Clinton, and Obama though.

I think you have a couple of legitimate places to point a finger - San Fran for adhering to a general policy given the criminal history of this guy or ICE for not getting the proper paperwork to San Fran in order to get SFPD to hand him over to ICE upon release.

ICE transmitted the detainer to San Fran. San Fran ignored it as required by city law. Federal law trumps city law. DHS Secretary, Johnson, testified after Kate's murder that the Feds were not going to force the states to hold criminal illegal aliens as required by federal law. He testified that the administration policy is to let the states and cities decide, as you can see below:

On Tuesday, Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Jeh Johnson testified to the House Judiciary Committee—his first appearance in Congress since the tragic killing of Kate Steinle in San Francisco. Secretary Johnson faced Congressional representatives who repeatedly supported making immigration detainer requests mandatory. Johnson responded by repeatedly emphasizing “cooperation” with local authorities, rather than mandated detention. - See more at: http://immigrationimpact.com/2015/0...-about-sanctuary-cities/#sthash.E3roKxs9.dpuf

ICE transmitted the detainer to San Fran. San Fran ignored it as required by city law. Federal law trumps city law. DHS Secretary, Johnson, testified after Kate's murder that the Feds were not going to force the states to hold criminal illegal aliens as required by federal law. He testified that the administration policy is to let the states and cities decide, as you can see below:

On Tuesday, Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Jeh Johnson testified to the House Judiciary Committee—his first appearance in Congress since the tragic killing of Kate Steinle in San Francisco. Secretary Johnson faced Congressional representatives who repeatedly supported making immigration detainer requests mandatory. Johnson responded by repeatedly emphasizing “cooperation” with local authorities, rather than mandated detention. - See more at: http://immigrationimpact.com/2015/0...-about-sanctuary-cities/#sthash.E3roKxs9.dpuf

If only we had Reagan, Bush, or Bush to take care of these illegal immigration problems. They would have taken care of it if only they had gotten the opportunity to be president....[thumbsup]

Then he's wrong too, isn't he? Here's an extract of Obama's directive to USCIS: On November 20, 2014, the President announced a series of executive actions to crack down on illegal immigration at the border, prioritize deporting felons

In order to deport felons they have to be detained locally when caught, and turned over to ICE. Johnson is FOS if he says that should be left up to any municipality.

Then he's wrong too, isn't he? Here's an extract of Obama's directive to USCIS: On November 20, 2014, the President announced a series of executive actions to crack down on illegal immigration at the border, prioritize deporting felons

In order to deport felons they have to be detained locally when caught, and turned over to ICE. Johnson is FOS if he says that should be left up to any municipality.

Johnson is carrying out Obama's policies. If not, he would be fired. Obama said not one word after Kate's assassination. Did you know that DSH is currently releasing illegal immigrant felons back into our communities from federal prisons?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/report-u-s-released-thousands-of-immigrant-felons-last-year/

Even when you are proven wrong you still bash anything democrat. Amazing. I've never seen anything like it.

Proven wrong about what? You're reading comprehension is very, very poor. As the CBS article states, DHS is releasing illegal immigrant felons in the U.S. That could not be more clear.

DSH is not enforcing federal law. Johnson testified to this fact. DHS is releasing illegal immigrant felons back into the U.S. rather than deporting them. This is not hard to understand.

Proven wrong about what? You're reading comprehension is very, very poor. As the CBS article states, DHS is releasing illegal immigrant felons in the U.S. That could not be more clear.

DSH is not enforcing federal law. Johnson testified to this fact. DHS is releasing illegal immigrant felons back into the U.S. rather than deporting them. This is not hard to understand.

In a way, I hope a Republican wins the 2016 election and F**KS up this country so I can come on here all day and just bash your conservative ass! :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT