ADVERTISEMENT

Mountaineer DB Mike Scott (‘82-‘84), 59…

WV Jim WV

All-American
Gold Member
Jul 18, 2001
Parkersburg, WV
Passed away today. From his daughter:

Today 1/5/23 I got a call that my daddy stopped breathing. It’s a pain I can’t begin to express. I’m writing this bc I know he’s loved by so many and i know he would want everyone to know how he did it his way—- So, the grande finale of my daddy went just the way he would have wanted it to. Some may not know but he’s always had a dream of living like a king off the American dollar in the Philippines (as former military he had loved the island). He left for his Filipino adventure on Nov 15, 2022 (our pic) & was building his house. Awaiting all his kids and grandkids to have the perfect vacation home. A few days ago he suffered a nasty bite, by God only knows what, and refused to stay in a hospital (yep Michael Scott fashion he checked himself out). But in his defense I was bringing him home in a few hours. So he went to the home he’d been staying in surrounded by his friends (u know he creates family where ever he goes) and begged them to blast country roads. He sang it at the top of his lungs, told them to tell us not to worry, and dozed off to sleep- but he didn’t wake up. No suffering, no pain. All love- he went in peace with Jesus.

We thank everyone for all the love and appreciate all the stories and messages coming through. It’s keeping me going. Please keep tagging us and sending photos and sharing memories. I’ll keep everyone updated on his big celebration to come. I’m always Daddy’s little princess. RIH TO THE LOVE OF MY LIFE, Michael Scott.

Janet Funderburk Scott

Mike was a fellow Parkersburg High grad from 1981 and had an outstanding career under Coach Nehlen.

I’ve known Mike since grade school and his was a life well lived. Oh the stories.

RIP Mike! 🙏

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News