ADVERTISEMENT

Manafort's formal motion to dismiss

Lose that case? There is no case. You’re a f’ucking moron. Please tell us you just pretend to be this f’ucking stupid.

The Special Counsel doesn’t report to a US District judge. This is f’ucking hilarious.
Still laughing at this gem. Stay stupid kkkwrong.

Reactions: wvu2007

Judges dont get to make decisions based on prosecutors intentions. They have to decide on established law. Mueller has authority, from the Acting AG, to investigate Russian interference and all crimes that arise during that investigation. This is clearly within that.

Even if it were not, there is still a crime. If the judge were to dismiss it he would have to do so without prejudice and it would simply be brought again by a regular US-A.

Reactions: countryroads89
Judges dont get to make decisions based on prosecutors intentions. They have to decide on established law. Mueller has authority, from the Acting AG, to investigate Russian interference and all crimes that arise during that investigation. This is clearly within that.

Even if it were not, there is still a crime. If the judge were to dismiss it he would have to do so without prejudice and it would simply be brought again by a regular US-A.

Wrong. Special Councils are not impaneled to "look" for crimes, they are usually set up to develop a case where one is suspected. What's the crime Mueller's looking for? That is at the heart of the Judge's questioning about the Manafort case as it relates to Mueller's charge investigating collusion with Russians on the part of Trump. That's why he wants to see the Rosenstein memos, to determine exactly what Mueller's authority is and what he's supposed to be investigating?

Maybe you should explain it to the judge because he disagrees with you.

This is clearly within that.

The judge disagrees with you and KKKwrong.
DccrtIEV4AArd3e.jpg:large

Reactions: atlkvb
Wrong. Special Councils are not impaneled to "look" for crimes, they are usually set up to develop a case where one is suspected. What's the crime Mueller's looking for? That is at the heart of the Judge's questioning about the Manafort case as it relates to Mueller's charge investigating collusion with Russians on the part of Trump. That's why he wants to see the Rosenstein memos, to determine exactly what Mueller's authority is and what he's supposed to be investigating?
Most importantly based on the charges against Manafort the charges are based on evidence that was collected over 10 years ago and on archive at the FBI in a cleared casem. The evidence did not stem from findings of the collusion investigation. That is Muellers problem.

Reactions: atlkvb
Most importantly based on the charges against Manafort the charges are based on evidence that was collected over 10 years ago and on archive at the FBI in a cleared casem. The evidence did not stem from findings of the collusion investigation. That is Muellers problem.

Exactly! They didn't prosecute him back then when they had all the goods on him, so why now?

Ans: To get Trump. That's all this is.

Manafort the charges are based on evidence that was collected over 10 years ago.

“In order to hide Ukraine payments from United States authorities, from approximately 2006 through at least 2016, MANAFORT and GATES laundered the money through scores of United States and foreign corporations, partnerships and bank accounts.”

LOL! Idiot.

“In order to hide Ukraine payments from United States authorities, from approximately 2006 through at least 2016, MANAFORT and GATES laundered the money through scores of United States and foreign corporations, partnerships and bank accounts.”

LOL! Idiot.

Well there's the "collusion" right there! So that's how Hillary lost.[thumb2] Finally, we get to the bottom of it!

Manafort laundering money through U.S. foreign corporations, partnerships, and bank accounts....the money is used to pay Russians to dig up dirt on Hillary, and use it to smear Trump in order to get FISA warrants to spy on Trump's operatives who are digging up dirt on Hillary to rig voting machines and flip votes from Hillary to Trump who the Russians were trying to smear to make Hillary look bad.

Whew...we finally got it! Thanks country:eek:kay:

(meanwhile Hillary's Uranium 1 deal with the Russians slipped right past Mueller)

Last edited:

LOL! Idiot.
I dont think the judge was convinced but according to you Mueller doesnt answer to federal judges.

The judge disagrees with you and KKKwrong.
DccrtIEV4AArd3e.jpg:large

That also isn't relevant to the case being brought, so the judge can't use it to form a ruling.

The only question he could ask is if Meuller can bring these charges, which he can. Why he brings them is irrelevant.

Reactions: countryroads89
That also isn't relevant to the case being brought, so the judge can't use it to form a ruling.

The only question he could ask is if Meuller can bring these charges, which he can. Why he brings them is irrelevant.
Yet the judge is doing it.

Yet the judge is doing it.
I’m happy a judge is questioning the legality of charges versus an American.....
But it’s pretty obvious that kissing a little Trump ass gets you his praise....wouldn’t doubt it if this cat gets appointed to the bench, if trump gets another opening

I’m happy a judge is questioning the legality of charges versus an American.....
But it’s pretty obvious that kissing a little Trump ass gets you his praise....wouldn’t doubt it if this cat gets appointed to the bench, if trump gets another opening
Unless his name is on the list Trump already submitted it wont happen. Perhaps the judge just doesnt want to be part of the shenani c ans and cares about the constitution.

Reactions: Boomboom521

Remember that funny line, "So sayeth the judge"? In his courtroom he is the supreme voice. Muller knew the predicament he was in and tucked tail.

It is not unusual for a judge in a lower court to get a little chaffed when the big overbareing feds come into his court to show what for. Judge will get the attention of everyone involved.

If it isn't relevant, why did he slam Mueller and Co. during pretrial motions over it?
[eyeroll]

If it isn't relevant, why did he slam Mueller and Co. during pretrial motions over it?
[eyeroll]
I love how he instructed the judge as to what he can consider. He should get his law degree and pass the bar so he can try that out in real life.

One thing i’ve learned is that unless you are really familiar with a judge, don’t get too excited about his/her questions during a hearing. There are some times i’ve come out of a hearing feeling like the judge was with me all the way based on his comments and questions, and then after taking the issues under advisement and considering things for a few days, the judge issues a ruling against me. And other times, i’ve thought i screwed up and blew the hearing, and the judge rules for me. It depends on the judge and the way he operates. I suspect most litigation lawyers have had similar experiences. What counts is the ruling.

One thing i’ve learned is that unless you are really familiar with a judge, don’t get too excited about his/her questions during a hearing. There are some times i’ve come out of a hearing feeling like the judge was with me all the way based on his comments and questions, and then after taking the issues under advisement and considering things for a few days, the judge issues a ruling against me. And other times, i’ve thought i screwed up and blew the hearing, and the judge rules for me. It depends on the judge and the way he operates. I suspect most litigation lawyers have had similar experiences. What counts is the ruling.
I think his ruling will be determined based on the Rosenstein memo of authority. Simple.

I expect that memo to begin to be challenged and appealed now that it’s public. As you well know, it’s not necessarily about the move you are playing, it’s about the move you’re setting up 5 moves from now.

I think his ruling will be determined based on the Rosenstein memo of authority. Simple.

I expect that memo to begin to be challenged and appealed now that it’s public. As you well know, it’s not necessarily about the move you are playing, it’s about the move you’re setting up 5 moves from now.
Are you saying this was a “move” by the judge? Was this Manafort’s move, to get himself charged? WTF?

Personally, I’m glad a judge is challenging the scope here....I’m glad Mueller complied.....and I’d love to see the memo made public, but I’m not totally sure it should be.

Are you saying this was a “move” by the judge? Was this Manafort’s move, to get himself charged? WTF?

Personally, I’m glad a judge is challenging the scope here....I’m glad Mueller complied.....and I’d love to see the memo made public, but I’m not totally sure it should be.

It wasn't a move. By the public initial memo, it was out of scope. If it's now in scope, then that is going to be questioned as well. Particularly since current US code doesn't allow it.

The unredacted memo is not public. This was filed under seal.

No, wtf are you talking about?
You posted about “5 moves down” above about the memo now being public, so I wasn’t sure wtf you were talking about.

I applaud the judge here, but it seems like you’re marking this as a partisan action to undermine Mueller? Seems like a judge simply doing his duty to justice to me.

“. . . it’s about the move you’re setting up 5 moves from now.” Roger that.

That’s one reason i chuckle at all the speculation by the tv talking heads, bloggers, twatters, message boards, etc. about what has been proved by the Mueller investigation or what evidence has or has not been uncovered. Because Mueller runs his investigatory team with a tight seal (thankfully), no one (not Morning Joe, not Fox, not Giuliani, not CNN, no one) knows what evidence Mueller has or doesn’t have. — they are all just blathering in the wind to sway public perception without much of a factual basis. As the investigation goes on, and there is so-called “Breaking News,” we learn over and over that the breaking news is information the Mueller team unearthed months ago. Which begs the question, what is Mueller working on now?

To me, the hoopla every day is simply a form of entertainment. Mueller’s investigative results will tell us whether Americans helped a foreign country invade our electoral process and whether other crimes were committed by or on behalf of Trump, or whether it’s time to suck it up and support the elected President and move on.

Frankly, the best entertainment in this whole thing is watching Michael Avenatti and Rudy Giuliani. Regardless of which one may be right, they are fun to watch. Two different styles, two different agendas, two different views of the situation, but both love to be on tv.

“. . . it’s about the move you’re setting up 5 moves from now.” Roger that.

That’s one reason i chuckle at all the speculation by the tv talking heads, bloggers, twatters, message boards, etc. about what has been proved by the Mueller investigation or what evidence has or has not been uncovered. Because Mueller runs his investigatory team with a tight seal (thankfully), no one (not Morning Joe, not Fox, not Giuliani, not CNN, no one) knows what evidence Mueller has or doesn’t have. — they are all just blathering in the wind to sway public perception without much of a factual basis. As the investigation goes on, and there is so-called “Breaking News,” we learn over and over that the breaking news is information the Mueller team unearthed months ago. Which begs the question, what is Mueller working on now?

To me, the hoopla every day is simply a form of entertainment. Mueller’s investigative results will tell us whether Americans helped a foreign country invade our electoral process and whether other crimes were committed by or on behalf of Trump, or whether it’s time to suck it up and support the elected President and move on.

Frankly, the best entertainment in this whole thing is watching Michael Avenatti and Rudy Giuliani. Regardless of which one may be right, they are fun to watch. Two different styles, two different agendas, two different views of the situation, but both love to be on tv.

Pics of twatters or GTFO!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT