ADVERTISEMENT

Looks same as last few years

I have to come to learn one thing over the years, Marshall is always the best team in the state in the years we don't play. Hang a banner.
Average WV team 42- marshla's "best team ever" 31......and that's only because Dandy Don pulled a lot of the starters......he put them back in and that was the end of that......I was there....I saw...as a matter of fact the only 2 games of the series that were even close was 24-7 in Morgantown and the night the herdies stunned the world and beat WV 21-24 in overtime :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Last edited:
Average WV team 42- marshla's "best team ever" 31......and that's only because Dandy Don pulled a lot of the starters......he put them back in and that was the end of that......I was there....I saw...as a matter of fact the only 2 games of the series that were even close was 24-7 in Morgantown and the night the herdies stunned the world and beat WV 21-24 in overtime :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
This reminds me of having attended the last two games between the Old Fold & Blew and the mighty Buckeyes. An Ohio State team so bad that it fired its coach before the end of the season trashed Minor Harris & Company at the 'shoe in 1987, then the Buckeyes crushed WVU in Morganhole 11 years later, which was, and still is, my only trip to Mountain Goat Field at Pushover Stadium.

This reminds me of having attended the last two games between the Old Fold & Blew and the mighty Buckeyes. An Ohio State team so bad that it fired its coach before the end of the season trashed Minor Harris & Company at the 'shoe in 1987, then the Buckeyes crushed WVU in Morganhole 11 years later, which was, and still is, my only trip to Mountain Goat Field at Pushover Stadium.
was he fired for illegal cheeseburger violations?

was he fired for illegal cheeseburger violations?
No, for going 5-4-1, which would have been good enough for Kneel to get another extension. The best part was that lame duck Earle Bruce went up to Annie Arbor and slapped the Skunk Weasels around to finish at 6-4-1. According to Dandy Don, Ohio State declined a Sun Bowl invitation, which enabled the Old Fold & Blew to go bowling in 1987. You're welcome.

I have to come to learn one thing over the years, Marshall is always the best team in the state in the years we don't play. Hang a banner.
.....and we all know the myriad of disingenuous excuses offered as to why we don't play!

No desire to force you boys onto the gridiron. If you're scared , just say you're scared, not terribly courageous but not dishonorable.
If there was a team in a league below marshla (if that is possible) that the herd had played 12 times and won all 12......would the herdies play them ?....no they wouldn't.....at least not in football..(..now the doctrine is another matter).......marshla would have nothing to gain by playing that football game and everything to lose....just like WV and marshla........WV wins and it's "well they should have won by more".......if marshla stunned the universe with an upset WV would never hear the end of it......just like when marshla upset WV 21-24 that fateful night

If there was a team in a league below marshla (if that is possible) that the herd had played 12 times and won all 12......would the herdies play them ?....no they wouldn't.....at least not in football..(..now the doctrine is another matter).......marshla would have nothing to gain by playing that football game and everything to lose....just like WV and marshla........WV wins and it's "well they should have won by more".......if marshla stunned the universe with an upset WV would never hear the end of it......just like when marshla upset WV 21-24 that fateful night
Blah, Blah ,Blah...

Blah, Blah ,Blah...
My friend of many years the truth shall set you free....there's a reason that marshla wasn't invited to join the B12...and it's NOT because WV is afraid to play......if WV was afraid to play ped state and alabama wouldn't be on the future schedule.....marshla is a good G-5 school with a crappy stadium...sun belt is a good home for you

My friend of many years the truth shall set you free....there's a reason that marshla wasn't invited to join the B12...and it's NOT because WV is afraid to play......if WV was afraid to play ped state and alabama wouldn't be on the future schedule.....marshla is a good G-5 school with a crappy stadium...sun belt is a good home for you
So we never applied for admission to the BIg 12 but I agree we wouldn't have been accepted anyway but this is the reason we don't play football OOC? DISINGENUOUS!

Methinks you doth protest too much

???????????????
there is a firm in spain that counts presidential election votes...we don't do it here now....and to further exploit this......how many times would WV have to beat marshla before you finally give up and admit WV is better.......12.......22.......102?.......cause the result will always be the same

there is a firm in spain that counts presidential election votes...we don't do it here now....and to further exploit this......how many times would WV have to beat marshla before you finally give up and admit WV is better.......12.......22.......102?.......cause the result will always be the same
If you beat us in 2023, I'd be forced to say you were the better team this year! Beating MU in 1923 has little to do with that subject.

My OOC WVU rivals list.

1. Pitt
2. Virginia Tech
3. Maryland
4. Penn St
5. Louisville
Then comes the Marshall, Boston College, Syracuse, and Rutgers take your pick teams.

My OOC WVU rivals list.

1. Pitt
2. Virginia Tech
3. Maryland
4. Penn St
5. Louisville
Then comes the Marshall, Boston College, Syracuse, and Rutgers take your pick teams.
WVU-Pitt certainly a game that makes sense and a game that people want to see! With the Big 12 playing 9 conference games tough for you boys to have much flexibility in OOC scheduling.

The WVU - Pitt game should be played every year. Period.
I doubt Virginia Tech wants anything to do with playing anyone from West Virginia for a while.
Maryland is another good boarder rival with a long history if Pitt doesn’t want to continue to play.
Penn State will not sign on for a long contract, simply because they do not get anything from beating WVU (again).

The WVU - Pitt game should be played every year. Period.
I doubt Virginia Tech wants anything to do with playing anyone from West Virginia for a while.
Maryland is another good boarder rival with a long history if Pitt doesn’t want to continue to play.
Penn State will not sign on for a long contract, simply because they do not get anything from beating WVU (again).
Pitt is stupid if they discontinue the backyard brawl, they contemplating that are they?

There are 3-4 more games on the current deal, but no one is currently looking for another, as far as I know.

Depends on your goal...
the goal is 1.. win the big 12 and 2.. get the best bowl bid possible.............as always the real goal is to win the national championship but you and I both know that there are just a select few who can compete for that consistently WV had a few shots but blew all of them

Last edited:
What was better for Marshall, playing at and beating someone like … say NotreDame, or WVU?

This isn’t the 70’s, Marshall isn’t a warmup game or chump team, so if you can name who would you want on your OOC schedule that would make a big splash, please mark the team below for WVU:

Marshall

Alabama

For Marshall:

West Virginia

NotreDame

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT