ADVERTISEMENT

It's official

Texas and Oklahoma are the only 2 programs that will offer big money for new football coaches in this conference. The other 8 conference schools will only pay top dollar once a coach proves himself. Lyons offered DH a fair deal based on his performance. The mod has already called you out on your BS. If DH improves he win loss ratio im sure he would get a better deal. He does not deserve anymore than he is getting. Several Coaches have already established that 7 wins is attainable at wvu. The AD has many responsibilities from fundraising to running the day to day operations of the athletic department. If he where to give DH a golden parachute he would be fired for Incompetence. Running a business is much different than taking people to the bathroom and pushing them around in a wheelchair all night
oh really? Hell im still waiting on the mod to provide the proof to refute my facts as he promised last week.

I have worked in the medical profession for over 30 years i have great respect for RN's. The very fact that you are calling punish a bozo and accusing me of demeaning him is very hypocritical on your part. I question your knowledge of the dark side of the force
congrats on your 30 years in housekeeping. However, that doesn't mean you truly work in the medical profession. Thanks for keeping our floors clean though.

Calling another poster a bozo is demeaning too. Why do you keep going on about this? We get it you don't like the way Lyons handled the PR you think it undercutt the program. There are people who feel he is helping the program by raising the bar either way any one opinion isn't more right than the other. If you really want a say in the day to day operations of the athletic department then i suggest you make a 7 figure donation to them . I would ensure that this would grant you personal access to Shane Lyons's cell phone and his bosses. You could take this grievance up with them directly

I meant it to be demeaning. Just like you intentionally meant to demean nurses. Get it yet?

What did Lyons do to "raise the bar"? He tried to extend a coach that you hate. DH refused the offer. Afterwards, Lyons gave him a public kneecapping. Is it a coincidence that we lose our top assistant afterwards?

If Lyons wanted to make a statement - just fire Dana. Simple. Working against your own head coach, is just slimy. Competition will say whatever they want, but our own AD is now loading their bullets.

This wasn't a PR gaffe. It was intentional.

I meant it to be demeaning. Just like you intentionally meant to demean nurses. Get it yet?

What did Lyons do to "raise the bar"? He tried to extend a coach that you hate. DH refused the offer. Afterwards, Lyons gave him a public kneecapping. Is it a coincidence that we lose our top assistant afterwards?

If Lyons wanted to make a statement - just fire Dana. Simple. Working against your own head coach, is just slimy. Competition will say whatever they want, but our own AD is now loading their bullets.

a bozo calling someone else a bozo. Now that's funny.

congrats on your 30 years in housekeeping. However, that doesn't mean you truly work in the medical profession. Thanks for keeping our floors clean though.

30 years of giving people like you orders Diluadid 0.5-1mg Q2 for pain just make sure the patient gets it and not yourself

Your just whining because Shane Lyons doesn't see things the way you see them. Shane lyons gave DH a contract based on his market worth. DH didn't get the golden parachute that you wanted and i wouldn't say mitchell was our top assistance last i checked he wasn't even a coordinator. Like I said make a 7 figure donation to the athletic department and then you can call Lyons up personally to discuss this grievance you have with him

if you're an MD, you're an incompetent MD who graduated to meet a quota by the school.

If you are truly and RN you would know there are other jobs above an RN in the medical setting. There are many different types of RN's obviously you are lower on the food chain not to know the difference

I don't need to work in the medical field to know that, besides my wife does.

You tried to imply your a physician, busted....nice try. I see right through you.

Well have you ever heard of PA's? or NP's Both these disciplines have prescriptive authority which an RN doesn't have along with a few other specialties is this complex industry but you have admitted that you don't work in the industry and have already demonstrated a lack of understanding. Its kinda hard for Lyon's to keep things under wrap the way you want him too considering he works for a public entity but there is quite a difference between the public sector and the private something else you seem to have no clue about

Well have you ever heard of PA's? or NP's Both these disciplines have prescriptive authority which an RN doesn't have along with a few other specialties is this complex industry but you have admitted that you don't work in the industry and have already demonstrated a lack of understanding. Its kinda hard for Lyon's to keep things under wrap the way you want him too considering he works for a public entity but there is quite a difference between the public sector and the private something else you seem to have no clue about

LOL - I know each well.

I also know you went out of your way to talk down to some because of their position, and attempted to elevate your own by intentionally leaving some curious comments open for interpretation. I called you on your bullshit. If you are a PA or NP, your comments about Nurses were very offensive, and ignorant - you should know better. The funny thing is, you weren't confident enough in your own skin - you felt it necessary to imply you were a physician. Probably because you knew your own status wasn't impressive enough for the condescending tone you adopted towards RNs.

Medical licensing in Colorado is searchable online, go figure.

But don't worry, today you can pretend to be a Navy SEAL and tomorrow you can be a Jet Pilot. Sometimes at Happy Hour I tell people I'm a Submarine Commander and I always include three stories - a mutiny, a fire, and a time I had to "dive down deeper".

The bottom line is, I don't like it when someone attacks other people's station in life. If you feel superior to Punish -EER, display it by showing better intellect and better ideas, not by demeaning his job (which is admirable).

Regarding Lyons, you're just spinning. He let the cat out of the bag. Don't feed me any BS about it's impossible not to spill the beans. It's his job to control what comes out of his office, period.

If you want to shut me up, then out debate me.

Last edited:
Where still waiting to know what are record would be if Dana was making 4 million a year
if you could read (something I would hope a NP or PA could do), I said if you expect better results, you will need to pay more. Not to Dana, but a better coach. Not hard to comprehend. For all this foolish talk that Oliver luck paid too much money for Dana, it should be noted that market trends show he was underpaid. You want to demand WVU to contend for big 12 championships every year? And win 10-12 games a year? You're gonna have to pay a top head coach a top salary. You want Alabama results? Pay Nick Saban money. You dont cry over an 8th highest paid salary in a 10 team big 12 as being too much lol

LOL - I know each well.

I also know you went out of your way to talk down to some because of their position, and attempted to elevate your own by intentionally leaving some curious comments open for interpretation. I called you on your bullshit. If you are a PA or NP, your comments about Nurses were very offensive, and ignorant - you should know better. The funny thing is, you weren't confident enough in your own skin - you felt it necessary to imply you were a physician. Probably because you knew your own status wasn't impressive enough for the condescending tone you adopted towards RNs.

Medical licensing in Colorado is searchable online, go figure.

But don't worry, today you can pretend to be a Navy SEAL and tomorrow you can be a Jet Pilot. Sometimes at Happy Hour I tell people I'm a Submarine Commander and I always include three stories - a mutiny, a fire, and a time I had to "dive down deeper".

The bottom line is, I don't like it when someone attacks other people's station in life. If you feel superior to Punish -EER, display it by showing better intellect and better ideas, not by demeaning his job (which is admirable).

Regarding Lyons, you're just spinning. He let the cat out of the bag. Don't feed me any BS about it's impossible not to spill the beans. It's his job to control what comes out of his office, period.

If you want to shut me up, then out debate me.

You know absolutely nothing about the medical field NP, PA and MD are all above RN's just because your wife is in the medical field doesn't make you an expert. You interpret things anyway you want too. If my wife was a nuclear physicist it wouldn't make me an expert but by your logic it would. If i want legal advice i would talk to a lawyer. If i want a dam built i would talk to a civil engineer but If want to know how to make a quarter pounder with cheese I would talk to you

P.S Medical licencing in any state is searchable on line

if you could read (something I would hope a NP or PA could do), I said if you expect better results, you will need to pay more. Not to Dana, but a better coach. Not hard to comprehend. For all this foolish talk that Oliver luck paid too much money for Dana, it should be noted that market trends show he was underpaid. You want to demand WVU to contend for big 12 championships every year? And win 10-12 games a year? You're gonna have to pay a top head coach a top salary. You want Alabama results? Pay Nick Saban money. You dont cry over an 8th highest paid salary in a 10 team big 12 as being too much lol

If you had any clue you would realize that the higher paid coaches in the conference earned there money. If you want a better contract produce better results but i can see how this would be a hard concept for someone who got busted stealing narcs like you

So in other words, you're not a Physician, you just imply you are - on the internet.

You ever heard of a Physician Assistant or a Nurse Practitioner? He very easily could not be a doctor and yet be well above a RN.

The amount of dumb on this board is pretty staggering. At least he doesn't boast his exact level of education/ profession all over this board like some people do. ;)

To get back to the topic. Lyons is handling this the way he needs to. Dana has done nothing to deserve a vote of confidence. Dana needs to back down if he wants to be a HC in a BCS conference beyond 2016. If he doesn't he wins in the short term and loses big in the long term.

Lyons is protecting his rep. He is letting the public know he is trying to hammer out a deal. Same approach is taken by NFL GMs ALL THE TIME. This helps diffuse the rumors that he is just sitting back and allowing this lame duck situation to play out without intervention.

You guys act like this is the first time a negotiation has ever played out in the media.

You ever heard of a Physician Assistant or a Nurse Practitioner? He very easily could not be a doctor and yet be well above a RN.

The amount of dumb on this board is pretty staggering. At least he doesn't boast his exact level of education/ profession all over this board like some people do. ;)

I already addressed him, and his phony baloney masquerade.

To get back to the topic. Lyons is handling this the way he needs to. Dana has done nothing to deserve a vote of confidence. Dana needs to back down if he wants to be a HC in a BCS conference beyond 2016. If he doesn't he wins in the short term and loses big in the long term.

Lyons is protecting his rep. He is letting the public know he is trying to hammer out a deal. Same approach is taken by NFL GMs ALL THE TIME. This helps diffuse the rumors that he is just sitting back and allowing this lame duck situation to play out without intervention.

You guys act like this is the first time a negotiation has ever played out in the media.

Negotiations have ended, per Lyons. If he wanted to use the media as a tool, you do it BEFORE you announce negotiations are over.

If you air dirty laundry, AFTER negotiations are over...that's just sniping and it won't get you anywhere and all Lyons is getting so far is blow back.

You're full of bad ideas.

Last week your strategy was, "Dana should give up millions of dollars so Shane isn't mad at him". LOL.

Lyons just doing his job...as any boss who has budgetary responsibility should. DH can end this by coaching the team to a good season. If he flounders he should be gone...he hasn't proven much yet. Amazing how some folks think he is the only coach WVU has ever had.

If you had any clue you would realize that the higher paid coaches in the conference earned there money. If you want a better contract produce better results but i can see how this would be a hard concept for someone who got busted stealing narcs like you
so the 5th, 6th, and 7th highest paid coaches in the big 12 earned their higher salaries despite finishing below WVU and Dana in conference final season rankings. But Dana didn't earn his 4-5th place finish with the 8th highest salary out of 10 teams in the big 12? Lmao. Hilarious. No way in hell are you a medical professional of any sorts, let alone your claimed PA or NP. Lol. You're lucky if youre minimum wage with a job.

Last edited:
so the 5th, 6th, and 7th highest paid coaches in the big 12 earned their higher salaries despite finishing below WVU and Dana in conference final season rankings. But Dana didn't earn his 4-5th place finish with the 8th highest salary out of 10 teams in the big 12? Lmao. Hilarious. No way in hell are you a medical professional of any sorts, let alone your claimed PA or NP. Lol. You're lucky if youre minimum wage with a job.

The only HC coming into the Big 12 making 4 million a year coach are at Texas and Oklahoma all the others have done something of significance to earn their salary. Dana has done nothing to justify that amount of money. Its business something a low level pill pusher like yourself has no clue about. Maybe we should put a picc line in you and give you some long term abx to clear up that infection that is clouding your brain.

Stewart made a big deal over his extension too, claiming it mattered when talking to recruits. I don't know if that's true or not, but imo, it just sounds like a leverage point.

If I were a coach or agent i'd be making the same argument but I don't believe my own baloney.

All Coach's will cry out extension and AD's will demand a program that is making progress. Let this play out. Lyons came into a bad spot. He has great credentials and is one of us. I personally have confidence in Lyons. Let him do his job!

All Coach's will cry out extension and AD's will demand a program that is making progress. Let this play out. Lyons came into a bad spot. He has great credentials and is one of us. I personally have confidence in Lyons. Let him do his job!

No one is standing in the way of Lyons doing his job. We're just judging him on his actions. People did the same to Luck and EP, so how come Lyons has a hands-off policy?

His credentials are fine, but he's never been an AD before. First time doing the job and this was his first big task.

What was so bad about his, "spot"? When he arrived @ WVU, the university had already exited the dying Big East and found a new home in a lucrative conference. The Media Rights were negotiated and settled. The Athletic Department was gutted of dead weight. His football coach won 8 games. His basketball coach went to the Sweet 16. There was a brand new, beautiful baseball park. All this was accomplished by his predecessor.

So, what was so terrible?

All the heavy lifting was done by Luck. He's the one who walked into a bad spot. All Lyons had to do was find a good way to deal with Dana, and that's turned into a sideshow.

Reactions: spreadoption
You know absolutely nothing about the medical field NP, PA and MD are all above RN's just because your wife is in the medical field doesn't make you an expert. You interpret things anyway you want too. If my wife was a nuclear physicist it wouldn't make me an expert but by your logic it would. If i want legal advice i would talk to a lawyer. If i want a dam built i would talk to a civil engineer but If want to know how to make a quarter pounder with cheese I would talk to you

P.S Medical licencing in any state is searchable on line

I don't need to be an expert to know those simple things. You were trying to put on a show, you got busted. I've memorialized your comments so keep it up if you wish. The fact you feel necessary to disparage RN's is pretty low-down.

Last edited:
The only HC coming into the Big 12 making 4 million a year coach are at Texas and Oklahoma all the others have done something of significance to earn their salary. Dana has done nothing to justify that amount of money. Its business something a low level pill pusher like yourself has no clue about. Maybe we should put a picc line in you and give you some long term abx to clear up that infection that is clouding your brain.
who said anything about 4 million? Fact is, Dana is 8th highest in the big 12. Only Kansas and Iowa state pay less. Are you saying the Texas Tech coach and Oklahoma state coach have earned a salary above Dana? Another fact, Dana is performing above his 8th highest pay grade by averaging 4-5th place in the big 12. Now get back to cleaning up that Isolation room before the patient arrives.

who said anything about 4 million? Fact is, Dana is 8th highest in the big 12. Only Kansas and Iowa state pay less. Are you saying the Texas Tech coach and Oklahoma state coach have earned a salary above Dana? Another fact, Dana is performing above his 8th highest pay grade by averaging 4-5th place in the big 12. Now get back to cleaning up that Isolation room before the patient arrives.

Gundy? Hell yeah.

I don't need to be an expert to know those simple things. You were trying to put on a show, you got busted. I've memorialized your comments so keep it up if you wish. The fact you feel necessary to disparage RN's is pretty low-down.

You didn't know what an NP or a PA was until 2 days ago. I said my job is above the level of an RN which an MD,NP and PA is . You made an uneducated assumption that I was an MD based on a lack of knowledge of the industry. The fact that your criticizing someone you feel is disparaging an RN is hypocritical and ignorant on your part considering you called that poster a Bozo yourself. The only thing I see you doing is arguing with every single poster on here regardless if whether they share your opinion or not. Punisheer can take care of himself he has shown many times to be able to take what he dishes out he has crocodile skin. I am beginning to think you have skin made of paper mache and is unhappy with his current station in life

Gundy has Been to a Sugar,Fiesta,and cotton Bowl in the last five years genius. Did you not where your Bipap last night? Your ABG's look a little off this am.

So now some of the forum experts are questioning others on what job they really have? Wonder if some of the "smack talkers" even have a job? Folks, what difference does it make? Accept the facts: there are some that think DH is the next Grandland Rice and there are some who think he is overpaid and incompetent. BTW: What difference does the salary comparison of Big 12-2=10 coaches got to do with DH and Lyons negotiations? DH was inexperienced as HC when hired and got a sweeeeeeeeetheartttttttttttt deal and extension based on that fact. Since then his performance has been spotty at best. Why would anyone think he deserved (as in earned) an extension and raise? WVU will be fine with or without the Red Bull king.

You didn't know what an NP or a PA was until 2 days ago. I said my job is above the level of an RN which an MD,NP and PA is . You made an uneducated assumption that I was an MD based on a lack of knowledge of the industry. The fact that your criticizing someone you feel is disparaging an RN is hypocritical and ignorant on your part considering you called that poster a Bozo yourself. The only thing I see you doing is arguing with every single poster on here regardless if whether they share your opinion or not. Punisheer can take care of himself he has shown many times to be able to take what he dishes out he has crocodile skin. I am beginning to think you have skin made of paper mache and is unhappy with his current station in life

LOL - Yeah, I've been living in a cave my whole life. I'm not defending Punish, I'm defending RN's, which you've disparaged multiple times.

You tried to be a big shot and I called you on it. I even asked you if you were a MD, and you didn't say no...you just rambled. You tried to mislead and I saw through you.

Go ahead and ask me if I'm a Physician. You know what answer you'll get - NO. Because what other answer is there? Apparently, for you it's more complicated...sure.

Negotiations have ended, per Lyons. If he wanted to use the media as a tool, you do it BEFORE you announce negotiations are over.

If you air dirty laundry, AFTER negotiations are over...that's just sniping and it won't get you anywhere and all Lyons is getting so far is blow back.

You're full of bad ideas.

Last week your strategy was, "Dana should give up millions of dollars so Shane isn't mad at him". LOL.

So Dana calls and says he will take the deal Lyons offered him 2 weeks ago. Does that mean Lyons wouldn't take him up on it because "negotiations are over?" Negotiations are never over until the existing contract is done, unless there is some preset date in the contract that states a new deal must be reached by a certain date in order to satisfy that contract. So we've established you don't do trial law. Apparently you don't do contract law either.

You made some liberties with my stance on what Dana needs to do, but if that is the limit to which you understand what I meant...then yes you kind of have a grasp of it. Congrats. Sometimes you exchange short term rewards for long term stability. Either that or he gets 4 mil after getting fired in late 2016/early 2017 and settling for a contract likely 1/4-1/3 of what he is making now when he can only get an OC job or a mid-major HC job.

If he's as good as he thinks he is, then you make a bet on yourself and the team you put around you. You improve the product (WVU football) over the next couple years (insist that 2017 would need to be guaranteed employment short of doing something illegal) and improve your value in the open market. However, if he thinks this is the best he is capable of then he probably should just take what's in front of him and wait for the inevitable.

So Dana calls and says he will take the deal Lyons offered him 2 weeks ago. Does that mean Lyons wouldn't take him up on it because "negotiations are over?" Negotiations are never over until the existing contract is done, unless there is some preset date in the contract that states a new deal must be reached by a certain date in order to satisfy that contract. So we've established you don't do trial law. Apparently you don't do contract law either.

And you expect that to happen? LOL.

If that's Lyons strategy, then he's totally incompetent. After he publicly tossed him under the bus, Dana is just going to maintain is own position. He has nothing to lose right now.

You made some liberties with my stance on what Dana needs to do, but if that is the limit to which you understand what I meant...then yes you kind of have a grasp of it. Congrats. Sometimes you exchange short term rewards for long term stability. Either that or he gets 4 mil after getting fired in late 2016/early 2017 and settling for a contract likely 1/4-1/3 of what he is making now when he can only get an OC job or a mid-major HC job.

You're not comprehending this situation. Dana isn't going to give up $3-6 million dollars of guaranteed income. An extension DOES NOT provide long term stability. Why can't you understand that? Where's the carrot for Dana? All he'd be doing is making it easier for Lyons to fire him and giving up money. Nothing you're saying makes any since.

For example, say Dana took the offer and next season we lose our first three games. Lyons could then fire him, and Dana walks away with basically nothing. That's the scenario you're pushing.

Right now, Dana could lose every game next year and if he's fired he still receives $3 million +.

So what Long term stability does an extension provide - NONE.

If he's as good as he thinks he is, then you make a bet on yourself and the team you put around you. You improve the product (WVU football) over the next couple years (insist that 2017 would need to be guaranteed employment short of doing something illegal) and improve your value in the open market. However, if he thinks this is the best he is capable of then he probably should just take what's in front of him and wait for the inevitable.

He doesn't need to bet. He already has a bird in hand. He has two years left on his contract, so that's $6 million of guaranteed income. His value on the open market isn't dependent on his negotiations with Lyons. Right now, his value for the next two years is already set - $6 million.

Response Embedded.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT