ADVERTISEMENT

It's early but it's still nice to see

I can see 3 wins left on schedule. Possibilty of 2 others. But can also see them losing them all.

Reactions: WVU-SE
Rated 14th, I didn’t think we were SUPPOSED to win any conference games.
I thought Texas Tech was suppose to challenge for Big 12 Title and TCU was unbeatable with their power offense.

Reactions: JWG66
I thought Texas Tech was suppose to challenge for Big 12 Title and TCU was unbeatable with their power offense.
Yep. The preseason prognosticators that hyped up TTU & TCU while trashing us really are gaining credibility as the season plays out on the field. SMH and all due sarcasm to these so called experts.

It amazes me how many OPs on here were doomsday predictions and that our fans bought into them. Good thing we actually played the games. I don’t know how anyone could predict how teams would do with all the roster changes experienced from season to season. I just hope we improve on our weaknesses while continuing to do the things that have helped us win. Our history is we have not dominated anyone. Everyone we play is a threat and we need to continue to improve to have a successful season. Time to go get some more Ws.

Reactions: WVUBRU

Here you go Allen you will like this, but it will make the bucky crowd cry
WVU game might be Houston's last chance at a win this season. You never know what will happen with a Neal Brown team. I mean they did lose to ISU last year and it was their only conference win.

WVU game might be Houston's last chance at a win this season. You never know what will happen with a Neal Brown team. I mean they did lose to ISU last year and it was their only conference win.
Iowa state has power 5 Offensive and Defensive line depth. Houston's got G5 lineman. Last year wvu secondary pretty bad across the board not so much the case this year. I don't count my chickens until their hatched, but I wouldn't say wvu is the weakest team Houston has on the schedule remaining.

Iowa state has power 5 Offensive and Defensive line depth. Houston's got G5 lineman. Last year wvu secondary pretty bad across the board not so much the case this year. I don't count my chickens until their hatched, but I wouldn't say wvu is the weakest team Houston has on the schedule remaining.
Then you obviously haven't been watching for the past 5 seasons. Tendency is that Brown lost close games until this season. With his style he coaches not to lose instead of coaching to win.

You might want to look at Houston remaining schedule. This is their last chance. Drugerson will pull out all stops. But he does have a horrible defense like he always does. Should help WVU and the Neal "I play not to lose " Brown.

Then you obviously haven't been watching for the past 5 seasons. Tendency is that Brown lost close games until this season. With his style he coaches not to lose instead of coaching to win.

You might want to look at Houston remaining schedule. This is their last chance. Drugerson will pull out all stops. But he does have a horrible defense like he always does. Should help WVU and the Neal "I play not to lose " Brown.
Last year has nothing to do with this year or any other year. You're telling me Houston has a better chance at beating wvu at home than Cincinnati. These were teams that were playing G5 schedules last year and now they are playing power 5 schedules. There is a difference, and they are finding that out just like we did a decade ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: WVUBRU
Last year has nothing to do with this year or any other year. You're telling me Houston has a better chance at beating wvu at home than Cincinnati. These were teams that were playing G5 schedules last year and now they are playing power 5 schedules. There is a difference, and they are finding that out just like we did a decade ago.
Houston has not beaten Cincinnati under Holgorsen. G5 / P5 is a media made up name.

Would not have mattered if Houston was still in AAC. They would still be losing this year.

Neal Brown is the wild card in the mix. Nobody knows what he will do.

I don't know what you mean..WVU has attempted 18 fourth down conversions in five games..historically he likes to throw the ball..his QB threw for over 500 yds against WVU in 2012

Reactions: Jason Voorhees
I don't know what you mean..WVU has attempted 18 fourth down conversions in five games..historically he likes to throw the ball..his QB threw for over 500 yds against WVU in 2012
I don't know what any of mean so it evens out.

Playing not to lose..if we were doing that, it would seem that there would have been more punts instead of trying to convert 18 times on fourth down
How many points have we scored because of going for 4th downs?

Houston has not beaten Cincinnati under Holgorsen. G5 / P5 is a media made up name.

Would not have mattered if Houston was still in AAC. They would still be losing this year.

Neal Brown is the wild card in the mix. Nobody knows what he will do.
Once again what does any previous year have to do with this year.? You mentioned that Iowa State only won 1 big 12 game last season. Iowa State has already won 2 this year so if last year mattered why is this the case? Tcu won every close game except for 1 last year they have already lost 2 close games this year. If last year mattered, then why is that so? Wvu beat Oklahoma last year but lost to them how many years in a row? If the previous years mattered, then why did we win last year? Oklahoma lost to Texas 49-0 last year what bearing did that have on this year? Houston and the other new teams would have a much better chance winning with last year's schedule then they would with what they're facing this year. Power 5 schools have more depth then G5 schools especially in the trench's where games are won. If you can't see that then call an eye doctor.

Once again what does any previous year have to do with this year.? You mentioned that Iowa State only won 1 big 12 game last season. Iowa State has already won 2 this year so if last year mattered why is this the case? Tcu won every close game except for 1 last year they have already lost 2 close games this year. If last year mattered, then why is that so? Wvu beat Oklahoma last year but lost to them how many years in a row? If the previous years mattered, then why did we win last year? Oklahoma lost to Texas 49-0 last year what bearing did that have on this year? Houston and the other new teams would have a much better chance winning with last year's schedule then they would with what they're facing this year. Power 5 schools have more depth then G5 schools especially in the trench's where games are won. If you can't see that then call an eye doctor.
I don't know. Why do clowns look 20 years past at something another coach did but pray for his return? When was the last time WVU had talented depth? When was the last time Cincinnati went to the playoffs? Why did the former Commissioner invite these so called G5 shit holes. Your facts are skewed with the stench of bullshit.

If so called P5 schools have so much depth why did WVU fail in 2019 and 2020. With today's transfer portals teams are going to have to get use to less depth that can play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT