ADVERTISEMENT

Is the whole State of West Virginia really up in arms over that other site?

chrisle

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
The entire purpose of that other site is to troll. There usually aren't more than 50-100 people on there and all they do is make youtube tribute videos and troll other fan bases. Apparently there is an email going around from a WVU girl who is highly offended by the site.

I seriously doubt it. Spend enough time on the MMB, OT or Woodshed

we usually handle ourselves pretty well. Trust me when I say i doubt they can be worse than the pitt or VPI (VATech) people.

Most people I know thought it was just stupid. That doesn't mean we won't fake outrage on the main board to stir up the natives.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

No, most of us don't care. But, I hope your fanbase doesn't whine about

sh!tty treatment in Morgantown after that. We've had some great game days with recent new visitors (LSU and Baylor) because their fans were polite and respectful.
I'm and adult and can ignore it. But, try telling some drunk, pissed of 18 year old student that it was "just satire".

Re: No, most of us don't care. But, I hope your fanbase doesn't whine about

I hope our fans aren't treated poorly because of that site. 99% of the fans making the trip have probably never heard of that site and would have never heard about the thread they started. I only heard about it today on the main board. Gopowercat.com has several thousand members and the scout board has hundreds as well. The site that started the controversy usually has less than 100 people on the boards. Most of them were kicked off GPC at some time or another. It's literally a bunch of college kids who are just trying to get a rise of people. Occasionally they do something funny or creative but they are mainly trying to create controversy to drive traffic to their site.

This post was edited on 10/18 9:39 AM by chrisle

I expect KSU visitors will be warmly received.

The U and fans alike have stepped up to make opposing fans have a nice experience.

I have to give KSU's interent community a standing ovation . . .

they have completely CpEER'ed wvsports.com in every way, and have looked positively Machiavellian in the process of doing so. I have not seen these boards (and the accompanying WVU social media community) so completely mind-f***ed by this level of trolling since the Dude of WV posted that we were in the SEC. Bravo to one and all.

LMAO...does anybody talk football anymore?...who cares if someone gets

their feelings hurt...its not racist...its not threats,,,,just mostly humor on both sides...lets dont get out panties in an uproar...
gots to have a thick skin man,,,,

Originally posted by chrisle:
The entire purpose of that other site is to troll. There usually aren't more than 50-100 people on there and all they do is make youtube tribute videos and troll other fan bases. Apparently there is an email going around from a WVU girl who is highly offended by the site.
Not the whole state of WV. Just a few idiots on our message board.

Here is the irony...

Originally posted by chrisle:
I think that some of the WVU fans are acting butthurt for self-serving reasons. It does us a service of getting our fans fired up, an enemy defined. Nothing like a bunch of Mountaineer fans all worked up into a tizzy.

That said, I love it... it's one of the great blessings of being in a conference with FANS! Carry on brother...

Jim

Glad atleast the rivals boards can be civil about it all. I was embarrassed by the action of the the losers from that site but hope we can start a good relationship. My goal is to not have everyone hate Kstate but to hate KU

Re: I have to give KSU's interent community a standing ovation . . .

Originally posted by Fingon:
they have completely CpEER'ed wvsports.com in every way, and have looked positively Machiavellian in the process of doing so. I have not seen these boards (and the accompanying WVU social media community) so completely mind-f***ed by this level of trolling since the Dude of WV posted that we were in the SEC. Bravo to one and all.
Game, set, and match. Holy smokes you nailed it!!! I am blown away by some of the responses. Granted some of those are tounge and cheek, however you and I know that there are some pissed off and offended members of our fan base.

Wow is all I have to say.

goEMAW has some good people. Unfortunately, because they don't block or ban users, there are some people who don't know how to joke without going over the line. Not everyone there is scum, they just don't run off the scum when it comes around. There are a lot of true, hardcore K-staters there. Every fan base has it's embarrassing members, and K-State is no different.

same here...notice a few strange ones every once in a while...

says WVU fans but serious?....I doubt it.....could be a an escaped convict like Hank Hill for all I know...
smokin.r191677.gif

Re: same here...notice a few strange ones every once in a while...

I think it's hysterical. Our fans need to grow tougher skin.

It's called big boy football. Well played by KSU fans.

Didn't know a damned thing about it until I logged in yesterday after a couple of days away.

I can honestly say I don't give a crap what a bunch of sod house livin', stump broke cow lovin', flatheaded farmers think.

Hey! That line can be used to stereotype all of our new conference brethern. Of course, we'll have to switch from cattle to swine for Iowa State.

Originally posted by MikeRafone:
Didn't know a damned thing about it until I logged in yesterday after a couple of days away.

I can honestly say I don't give a crap what a bunch of sod house livin', stump broke cow lovin', flatheaded farmers think.

Hey! That line can be used to stereotype all of our new conference brethern. Of course, we'll have to switch from cattle to swine for Iowa State.
Sir, I am completely and eternally offended by your disgusting insults against Kansas. We have swine here, and my head is so round I can't even wear a hat. I don't even know what a stump is. Does that have something to do with trees?

Tree's ? Why they're devilish things that will stand in the same place for centuries, then jump out in front of you as you're driving home from the bar. You can't trust any of 'em, especially sycamores.

It's nice being in a conference of fellow smartass hicks that care about football. Livestock jokes went over the heads of the East Coast sophisticates in our former conference.

MikeRafone and Big12Mountaineer just became my new best friends!!! THAT made me laugh out loud! .... Good LAWD someone FINALLY gets it!!! I now believe there is hope for you all to survive in this conference yet! LOL

Welcome aboard boys! I'm a 46 year old single Mom... I know football and I love my Wildcats! There isn't a "manly" thing about me.... but if I'm going to be a REAL fan in a big boy conference my skin has to be as thick and if I didn't have a sense of humor.... I would have to find one or follow Nebraska and Missouri and A&M!!

I have never heard of that site. All I know is I am glad WVU joined our conference. You are what we needed. I have followed your program in the past and I know you have a good program and history. Welcome and best wishes.

I think at first it sort of caught us off guard, because up to this point all the other Big 12 fan bases had been so welcoming. Then after we heard from a bunch of your folks that that site was nothing more than trolls we just shrugged it off. With that said, I think it would be in KSUs best interest to have it shut down because it does give the fans and University a black eye. When your President has to issue an appology for the site you know there's a problem. I realize there is probably little anyone can do, First Amendment Rights and all, but it still reflects poorly on KSU as do our few idiots who misbehave at sporting events.

yes we are up in arms...west virginia scout.com site sucks ass and bans people for no reason at all! what? oh, sorry, i thought you were talking about a truly suckass site. as for emaw i guess they suck too...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT