ADVERTISEMENT

Inflation

sammyk

All-Conference
Oct 26, 2001
As it continues to drop it is still too high. Reading it right now it sits at 4.9%. Now thats from last year which means if something cost $20 last year it will cost $20.98 this year. The problem is the entire year of 2022 when the economy was not hampered by supply chain issues and people had $ to spend the inflation went crazy. After seeing a decade + of less than 2% inflation(sometimes negative inflation) we are paying the price. This too will pass as interest rates go up it will cool off inflation numbers. Right now we are approaching normal interest rate percentages that are still lower than most of the 1990's and early 2000's . This too will drop in time.

As it continues to drop it is still too high. Reading it right now it sits at 4.9%. Now thats from last year which means if something cost $20 last year it will cost $20.98 this year. The problem is the entire year of 2022 when the economy was not hampered by supply chain issues and people had $ to spend the inflation went crazy. After seeing a decade + of less than 2% inflation(sometimes negative inflation) we are paying the price. This too will pass as interest rates go up it will cool off inflation numbers. Right now we are approaching normal interest rate percentages that are still lower than most of the 1990's and early 2000's . This too will drop in time.
Thanks Pedo Joe

Reactions: Airport

Don;t you had Obama right now. And how old are you ???????? Does your mommy know you have her cell phone????
I’m over 18, so I am no interest to you. My mom is dead. Thought I was blocked? A lying libtard ….imagine that

I’m over 18, so I am no interest to you. My mom is dead. Thought I was blocked? A lying libtard ….imagine that
Guess your mom had to find a way to get away from you somehow. I mean if you were my son I would want to die too, but if I were your dad you would be better looking

Hey looney tunes....You act as though Pedo-Joe should be credited for the reduction in high inflation that HE caused. The Fed raised interest rates sky high to combat the disaster that Pedo-Joe caused. That's why inflation is going down at a snail's pace. We are all paying for Pedo-Joe's F*** up. Do you enjoy being ignorant or are you just plain stupid?

Hey looney tunes....You act as though Pedo-Joe should be credited for the reduction in high inflation that HE caused. The Fed raised interest rates sky high to combat the disaster that Pedo-Joe caused. That's why inflation is going down at a snail's pace. We are all paying for Pedo-Joe's F*** up. Do you enjoy being ignorant or are you just plain stupid?
Kinda sounds how they do the unemployment numbers as well lol

You don't understand how inflation works. It is not down. It is 5% up from last year when we had the worst inflation in a generation.

Being excited thar interest rate hikes will cool inflation is like saying I am glad they are cutting off my dick because I had the clap.

You don't understand how inflation works. It is not down. It is 5% up from last year when we had the worst inflation in a generation.

Being excited thar interest rate hikes will cool inflation is like saying I am glad they are cutting off my dick because I had the clap.
This is true. Inflation is still increasing but not at as high a rate as back when Biden had it at 9%.

The bigger issue is that inflation rate still outpaces any wage increases. Throughout the Trump years the rise in wages exceeded the inflation rate. From the time Biden passed his stupid American Rescue Plan, inflation has far out-paced wages. Ergo, we are all poorer thanks to Crooked Joe.

The real kicker is that this is their plan. It's Democrat ideology that's ruining the economy and hurting Americans.

Increasing interest rates may cool inflation some but it will reduce demand and lead to a deep recession.
We are really already in a recession because we have had more than two consecutive periods of negative GDP growth. That was the old definition of recession until the Dems changed it to hide their mismanagement.

The OP once again is ignorant of both our historic as well as recent inflation. This chart shows the recent spike after creepy Joe was installed....

Annual%20Inflation%20Rate%202010-Apr%202023.png

If the OP understood inflation is driven as much by monetary policy as it is fiscal policy, he'd know his statements about it "reducing" are contingent on each as it relates to M1 and (this is key...production capacity)

You don't have inflation when an economy is growing (as we had under Trump...and the graph clearly shows) and to the extend the increase in rates have slowed it's more to do with a reduction in the money supply due to lower tax revenues from a slowing economy rather than any real increase in economic activity.

The Inflation table below is updated monthly and provides the current Annual US Inflation Rate (not seasonally adjusted) in the right-hand column and the other columns show various monthly components on a Seasonally Adjusted basis. The Inflation rate is calculated using the Current Consumer Price Index (CPI-U) published monthly by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. CPI Index Release Dates

On an annual basis, shelter is up 8.1%. Food is up 7.7% (food makes up a little over 13.5% of the CPI total).
Table%20A%20CPI-Apr2023.png

Since high inflation is detrimental to the overall economy but beneficial to the government (since it allows them to pay back their debt with "cheaper dollars") the Federal Reserve has a constant balancing act to try to reconcile the government's desires for higher inflation with the need for a healthy economy.
In an effort to convince people that inflation is really good, the government has a constant media circus going promoting the benefits of inflation and decrying the evils of deflation--- but what's so bad about falling prices?

source:

So the OP is wrong to suggest inflation is headed lower. Without more growth in the economy and the Fed continuing to increase interest rates in order to sell more government debt...the prospects of low inflation won't be seen for a while.

@sammyk (aka "wimpy sheep")
17b3081cac626134d8b834b0f7adc1d2--funny-animals-book-review.jpg

I majored in economics...and I vote Democrat

Reactions: roadtrasheer
This is true. Inflation is still increasing but not at as high a rate as back when Biden had it at 9%.

The bigger issue is that inflation rate still outpaces any wage increases. Throughout the Trump years the rise in wages exceeded the inflation rate. From the time Biden passed his stupid American Rescue Plan, inflation has far out-paced wages. Ergo, we are all poorer thanks to Crooked Joe.

The real kicker is that this is their plan. It's Democrat ideology that's ruining the economy and hurting Americans.

Increasing interest rates may cool inflation some but it will reduce demand and lead to a deep recession.
We are really already in a recession because we have had more than two consecutive periods of negative GDP growth. That was the old definition of recession until the Dems changed it to hide their mismanagement.
The big problem is that inflation year over year was 9% last year so basically 10% higher than the year before. This year it is 5% higher than last year. So prices are close to 20% higher than they were 2 years ago. So 100 dollars in groceries is now 120 bucks

The big problem is that inflation year over year was 9% last year so basically 10% higher than the year before. This year it is 5% higher than last year. So prices are close to 20% higher than they were 2 years ago. So 100 dollars in groceries is now 120 bucks
Don't tell our resident "sheep" scholar that! He's trying to convince us inflation is lower, therefore things cost less now than they did just a few short weeks ago! 😏

The "dirty little secret" is the Fed doesn't raise interest rates to cool inflation. They raise interest rates so folks will buy US T-bills which fuels further Federal deficit spending! They're in effect transferring available dollars out of the private sector into government coffers, trying to restrict the supply of money available for consumers to spend on goods and services and instead use that money to finance all of their wasteful deficit spending.

Then the dolts turn around and print more money trying to stimulate economic activity... after they typically underestimate the anticipated growth so the extra dollars in the money supply fuels further inflation!

(from above linked article)
"Inflation is largely a result of increases in the money supply months or even years previously. Because of this serious lag in the time between the money creation and the time it shows up in the economy the FED must estimate the impact their money creation efforts will have years in advance. The Federal Reserve tries to target a 2% inflation rate but often over or underestimates the effect their actions will have
...more
Their major argument revolves around the "stimulating" effects of inflation. Basically it makes people feel richer until they eventually realize that each of their dollars now buys less. But in the meantime they tend to spend the "excess". This results in people buying things they wouldn't have, had they realized that their money was actually worth less than they thought. Eventually this results in a monetary "hangover" as the effects of their buying binge become apparent."

It's a giant kabuki dance the Fed is playing with our economy...screwing up the natural flow of dollars relative to the goods and services a healthy economy would otherwise produce as a result of sustained growth and lower taxes & spending.

Last edited:

Typical well-reasoned post 30Cat.

Thanks!

You must be one lonely f@@cked up human being . Do you realize that you are the jack ass of this board. Obviously not !

• Haha
Reactions: 30CAT
Go away and die douche bag
What's Biden's plan to reduce discretionary non defense spending to take the pressure off the Fed constantly raising interest rates to finance our runaway deficit spending? Don't call any names, just tell us what's the plan from the guy YOU voted for? 😏

@sammyk (aka "wimpy")
Clearly by now you most certainly understand I cannot answer your question 'till Tuesday, but only if you supply me a tasty hamburger today!
iu

NO!!!!! 'ya moochin' wimp...answer the damn question...YOU voted for that bot didn't 'ya? OK then, explain yourself!

'atta boy there 'ol wimpy my man....keep your mouth shut and make those Trumpers beg you!
iu

No no creepy Joe, all he's doing is confirming what a wimp he is and what a useless creep YOU are!

I hope no American's that are less fortunate losses their place to live with all the illegal aliens coming across the border.

HUD changes make housing vouchers easier for illegals to obtain​

HUD rule may help illegal immigrants over US citizens with affordable housing​

Fact Check: Biden Continues to Pass the Buck on Inflation ...

House.gov
https://waysandmeans.house.gov › fact-check-biden-c...

Jun 10, 2022 — Fact: Inflation has increased since the day President Biden took office in January 2021, and began its rise to the fastest rate in 40-years ...

Fact: Inflation has increased since the day President Biden took office in January 2021, and began its rise to the fastest rate in 40-years directly after Democrats rammed through their partisan $2 trillion so-called COVID stimulus.

“Yellen, who previously served as chairwoman of the Federal Reserve, was asked whether corporate greed is the key cause of inflation during a New York Times event… ‘Demand and supply is largely driving inflation,’ Yellen said, adding that while price-to-cost margins have increased, that is not what is pushing prices to their highest levels in 40 years.”

Biden, Democrats Lied About "Inflation Reduction Act"

AMAC.us
https://amac.us › News

Apr 3, 2023 — A new report from Goldman Sachs confirms what conservatives warned all along – Democrats' “Inflation Reduction Act” (IRA) is actually just ...

A new report from Goldman Sachs confirms what conservatives warned all along – Democrats’ “Inflation Reduction Act” (IRA) is actually just another enormous spending bill that will blow out the deficit in service of a far-left agenda. And despite the Biden administration’s attempts to distance itself from negative headlines, the IRA and policies like it are continuing to wreak havoc on the U.S. economy, affecting everything from persistently high inflation to ongoing instabilities in the banking sector.

According to a Wall Street Journal analysis of the Goldman Sachs report, “Democrats used accounting gimmicks to claim the partisan law would reduce the budget deficit.” But now, the investment giant “projects [the IRA’s] myriad green subsidies will cost $1.2 trillion—more than three times what the law’s supporters claimed.”

The reason for this discrepancy is the Biden administration’s loose interpretation of the conditions that must be met to earn tax credits outlined in the bill and the fact that the credits aren’t capped. In practice, this means that companies can vacuum up a virtually unlimited amount of federal dollars for a modest investment in so-called “green” infrastructure and production technology.

• Angry
Reactions: atlkvb
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT