ADVERTISEMENT

If HCNB

EERs 3:16

Heisman Winner
Oct 17, 2001
Is still in the payroll Monday morning, then you’ll know who the coach for the 2023 season is.

If he was going to be fired, he would have been already. He will be back 2023.

Yup in a complete lame duck situation. Anything short of 9 regular season wins and a high note bowl victory will not improve the hole he has dug. And even that might be under selling how big of season he must have next year to earn back the good will he squandered.

I hope WVU is prepared to lose millions in ticket sales to keep this pathetic weenie.

They say the average ticket price is $61 in 2022. 30,000 is about how many tickets didnt sell on senior day. Thats only about 1.8 million in one game, not including the loss of selling drinks and food. Can we afford to keep Neal, forreal?

Reactions: BackpageNews
That's why Shane was fired. He put us in a corner and tied our hands on that contract.

Yup in a complete lame duck situation. Anything short of 9 regular season wins and a high note bowl victory will not improve the hole he has dug. And even that might be under selling how big of season he must have next year to earn back the good will he squandered.
And that lame duck scenario will destroy recruiting.

I hope WVU is prepared to lose millions in ticket sales to keep this pathetic weenie.

They say the average ticket price is $61 in 2022. 30,000 is about how many tickets didnt sell on senior day. Thats only about 1.8 million in one game, not including the loss of selling drinks and food. Can we afford to keep Neal, forreal?
That says more about the fake fans than Neal Brown.

And that lame duck scenario will destroy recruiting.

Perhaps it will. But so will flushing 20 or 16 million down the Neal Brown toilet and hiring another Brown or Holgorsen even. Brown is cooked, I don't see him pulling off the miracle season he will need to in order to be retained once the buyout is reasonable enough. But a rash and desperate decision can always make a situation worse.

Since Gee has pretty much stated that no decision will be made until a new AD is in place I'm not sure why anyone is expecting something to happen. We are getting late in the process now.

Shame Lyings had his deal with Alabama settled really fast..like, I think he had it before he was kindly dismissed. Nothing can happen without the diversity committees stamp and approval, and Kneel is their pet...Kneel knows what feet he needs to kiss, and happily bends.

Reactions: deedoubleyou
So WVU may retain a coach who has won only 5 games three of his four years with a bonus game one year because the NCAA changed bowl eleigibility rules and he didnt have to face OU or FSU. Theyll retain him so they dont lose recruits that can win five games because no other coach could possibly win five for WVU- so that they can fire Brown when next year he does what he has always done and wins five games? Got it. Oh, forgot to add so that the recruits they were afraid to lose leave anyway after he is inevitably fired.

Last edited:
So WVU may retain a coach who has won only 5 games four of his four years with a bonus game one year because the NCAA changed bowl eleigibility rules and he didnt have to face OU or FSU. Theyll retain him so they dont lose recruits that can win five games because no other coach could possibly win five for WVU- so that they can fire Brown when next year he does what he has always done and wins five games? Got it. Oh, forgot to add so that the recruits they were afraid to lose leave anyway after he is inevitably fired.

Yes...Kneel is a politician who worked the system. It's a grift, and Shame set this system up.

How does a loser coach get such a sweetheart deal? Perhaps that absurd extension made a lot of people money besides Kneel?

It should be investigated. Period.

Reactions: deedoubleyou
The Big 12 next year will be insanely tough With Oklahoma and Texas still in it and the 4 new additions starting conference play. Next year will likely be Browns last.
I didn't know the newbies started in 2023 but the addition of them may make conference play easier, not harder. It depends on who we play (no more round robin I guess) and how good they are this year.

Holgy's 7-4 Cougars lead 4-7 Tulsa 24-20 at halftime.

So WVU may retain a coach who has won only 5 games three of his four years with a bonus game one year because the NCAA changed bowl eleigibility rules and he didnt have to face OU or FSU. Theyll retain him so they dont lose recruits that can win five games because no other coach could possibly win five for WVU- so that they can fire Brown when next year he does what he has always done and wins five games? Got it. Oh, forgot to add so that the recruits they were afraid to lose leave anyway after he is inevitably fired.
I think they'll retain him to try to reduce the buyout down to around $12 million instead of $20 or $16 million. He can only "save" his job if he wins 8+ games next year and finishes top 4 in the league. I don't think it has anything to do with recruits.

You must have missed that victory today over a team that WVU hasn't beaten since 2014.
You must forgive him. He's went total conspiracy mode since 2020. Everything is a conspiracy, and needs investigating.....except for one man who should not be touched. :joy:

You must forgive him. He's went total conspiracy mode since 2020. Everything is a conspiracy, and needs investigating.....except for one man who should not be touched. :joy:

Yes....it's a total conspiracy that Kneel only won 5 games this year..

..I made it up...

Stop gaslighting people.

I didn't know the newbies started in 2023 but the addition of them may make conference play easier, not harder. It depends on who we play (no more round robin I guess) and how good they are this year.

Holgy's 7-4 Cougars lead 4-7 Tulsa 24-20 at halftime.
Tulsa beat Houston 37-30. Tulsa finishes 5-7, Houston finishes 7-5.

So you think this was a good season and support paying him $16 million dollars?
Nope. Horrible season and career at WVU. He deserves being let go. But, that's not going to happen for financial reasons. In 2023 we are on the road at Penn State, at home with Duquesne and Pitt, then our Big 12 schedule. I predict that OU and Texas will negotiate their way out of the league and join the SEC this spring. Best case scenario prediction for win total next year is 7 wins, and that won't be enough, but will get us in a bowl game, and the buyout will be reduced another $4 million.

Nope. Horrible season and career at WVU. He deserves being let go. But, that's not going to happen for financial reasons. In 2023 we are on the road at Penn State, at home with Duquesne and Pitt, then our Big 12 schedule. I predict that OU and Texas will negotiate their way out of the league and join the SEC this spring. Best case scenario prediction for win total next year is 7 wins, and that won't be enough, but will get us in a bowl game, and the buyout will be reduced another $4 million.

Ahhh, "financial reasons"..

What financial reasons are you referring too?

Shame Lyings had his deal with Alabama settled really fast..like, I think he had it before he was kindly dismissed. Nothing can happen without the diversity committees stamp and approval, and Kneel is their pet...Kneel knows what feet he needs to kiss, and happily bends.
Shane Lyons is not the AD of Alabama and they're not conducting a coaching search there is a big difference.

The Big 12 next year will be insanely tough With Oklahoma and Texas still in it and the 4 new additions starting conference play. Next year will likely be Browns last.
It's hard to tell what the conference will look like next year. We started the year with Baylor and Oklahoma State, and we ended up with TCU and K State. Much will depend on who wins and loses the transfer portal. We also have to see which teams end up on the schedule considering it won't be a round robin if OU and Texas are still here.

You must have missed that victory today over a team that WVU hasn't beaten since 2014.
Neal beat OU in its worst season in 30 years and OSU with their freshman backup who sucked completely. If Sanders played, OSU scores 40 at least. I will give Neal credit though. He actually planned to run the ball today, knowing that OSU is weak and thin on the DL from injuries. Its rare for asshat to make a plan that makes sense, but he kind of did Saturday. Good job goofy. Now move along because WVU deserves much better.

How do you know he won't win 12 games next year?
I know enough to take that bet with you, right now. How much? Will you put your money where your mouth is, or are you just trying to be argumentative because someone ruffled your feathers?

Ahhh, "financial reasons"..

What financial reasons are you referring too?
We lost minimum 1.8 million on the senior day game against a top 15 team. I suspect that will be worse next year and happen every home game. Can WVU afford to lose 2 million per home game? At least with Neal's buyout WVU can structure payments in the deal. But when the coach cannot fill half the stadium and is losing millions in revenue, I dont see how we can afford that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT