ADVERTISEMENT

If Dana falls, Terry Bowden may be available

Maybe my memory is wrong, but isn't Terry Bowden the Auburn head coach who QUIT in mid-season and was also involved in a sexual harassment matter at Auburn? I am old school, I admit. I don't want a Quitter coaching WVU.
He was forced out for banging the daughter of a big Auburn donor while the kid was a student at Auburn and Terry was married with multiple mistresses.

Not at all saying you're wrong but I would like to see your list?
Here's what my list would be:

1. Mark Hudspeth - UL -Lafayette (HC) - guy is a great coach. Not sure if he'd take a job at WVU, but he'll be in the SEC otherwise soon.
2. Tom Herman - UHouston (HC) first year there; was the OC at Ohio State.
3. Phillip Montgomery - Tulsa (HC) first year there; was OC at Baylor.
4. Doug Nussmeier, UF (OC) was at UMich last year.
5. Rod Carey, NIU (HC)- probably still too inexperience, but up and coming.
6. Matt Campbell - Toledo (HC) - probably still too inexperienced, but is up and coming.

Then why are you all for RR.
you have me confused with someone else. I have posted numerous times of the idiocy of bringing FraudRod back to the state he pissed on as he walked across the border. I have commented numerous times of the testimony under oath in the depositions of WVU's breach of contract case against him that proves he was nothing but a carpetbagger while he was here, always looking for a boat out of town while proclaiming to want to stay here forever. You definitely have me confused with someone else if you think I want that four-flusher back. personally, I think Holgorsen is going to turn out to be a hell of a coach.

Reactions: AirForceer
The Akron Faculty wants to downgrade Zips football to the Fairmont State level because it's losing $8 million a year. Of course, the faculty doesn't mention that its top-heavy administration is costing a pretty penny, too.

If Akron drops out of the Mid-American, which is about as low as you can get and not sink to Mount Union or Youngstown levels, you know Terry will be job-hunting.

Just in time for WVU if Dana has another 4-8 season.

No, I do NOT want Dana to fail, because that means my alma mater fails. Just saying the two events may cross paths and bring another Bowden to run WVU football. And this one wouldn't run away to Florida State and already burned his bridges at Auburn (and maybe the SEC).
dcknp.gif

you have me confused with someone else. I have posted numerous times of the idiocy of bringing FraudRod back to the state he pissed on as he walked across the border. I have commented numerous times of the testimony under oath in the depositions of WVU's breach of contract case against him that proves he was nothing but a carpetbagger while he was here, always looking for a boat out of town while proclaiming to want to stay here forever. You definitely have me confused with someone else if you think I want that four-flusher back. personally, I think Holgorsen is going to turn out to be a hell of a coach.

Like Holgy didnt have his bags packed for Arkansas when we started out 5-0 in 2012...

Most coaches all have their eyes out for the next job/payday. The exceptions are old guys and guys with emotional ties to their job, like Huggs who is a mix of both of those things. They are ALL going to say how much they love it here, anything to the contrary is a death wish whether from the current administration or the recruiting trail. There is NO coach who is going to come here and commit to a 10+ year career while simultaneously being successful. We can go young, get 1-2 great years and they leave, or they fail to meet expectations and we kick them out in 3-5 years. The other option is go for an old retread, if they win they are likely to stay, if they lose same result as going young. My list is all coaching vets that are not unreasonable poaches for us. If DH fails this year we should make a big move for one of them.

Regarding DH... I would like to direct all of you to a WVi (I think) video that featured Wolfely leading us into an inside look at our coaches and friends on a white water rafting trip on the New River. What this piece does, IMO, is illustrate how much Dana has embraced WV and in return, how much some of our key boosters (you know, the guys with the most money who put it where there mouth is) have embraced him. It's a light hearted and fun view behind the scenes of the guy in the black shirt.

Regarding DH... I would like to direct all of you to a WVi (I think) video that featured Wolfely leading us into an inside look at our coaches and friends on a white water rafting trip on the New River. What this piece does, IMO, is illustrate how much Dana has embraced WV and in return, how much some of our key boosters (you know, the guys with the most money who put it where there mouth is) have embraced him. It's a light hearted and fun view behind the scenes of the guy in the black shirt.

Most of us are rooting for Dana as a coach.... ....but don't think for a second that if he was having the same success at WVU that RRod eventually enjoyed that he wouldn't beat feet (and make RRods exit look like it happened in slow-motion).

I know....I know..... He built a house. Like those are never sold.

Most of us are rooting for Dana as a coach.... ....but don't think for a second that if he was having the same success at WVU that RRod eventually enjoyed that he wouldn't beat feet (and make RRods exit look like it happened in slow-motion).

I know....I know..... He built a house. Like those are never sold.

You had me until the "make RRods exit look like it happened in slow-motion."

oh please let this kind of arguing / topics be going on when / if I am bored at the beach. There are hours to occupy my time in the event of thunderstorms.

I must just add the options (same old same old names that have HISTORYat WVU) are a NO CHANCE IN HELL group and for obvious reasons if you really look at their histories/resume's.

The biggest reason in spite of all the obvious reasons is Dana is a good coach and WVU will win.

The biggest reason in spite of all the obvious reasons is Dana is a good coach and WVU will win.

Well I'm a fan of DH..... ...but at some point the 'obvious reasons' need to start being more than average/below expectations type of football seasons.

.....so I'm just waiting to get back to "we'll win" .

Reactions: pressvirginia
Fraud left pretty fast! Just sayin.....

Yea...and he had every reason to stay (except maybe that he really didn't respect who was leading the athletic department)...

DH...except that he has really no financial choice....not so much.

Yea...and he had every reason to stay (except maybe that he really didn't respect who was leading the athletic department)...

DH...except that he has really no financial choice....not so much.

I think we both agree a coach can work for who and where he is able. It's every ones right to do so. However, if there's one thing I learned in life, it's to not burn the bridges you cross to get to the other side.

I think we both agree a coach can work for who and where he is able. It's every ones right to do so. However, if there's one thing I learned in life, it's to not burn the bridges you cross to get to the other side.

I completely agree...except nothing is set in stone. Growing up in WV I can say this applies to most of our people... 'Don't cut off your nose to spite your face'.

If WVU and RR can forgive each other and it benefits both....then why not ???

I completely agree...except nothing is set in stone. Growing up in WV I can say this applies to most of our people... 'Don't cut off your nose to spite your face'.

If WVU and RR can forgive each other and it benefits both....then why not ???

I've heard some on here suggest that if Rich would ever make a public apology, the healing process could start. I do believe in forgivemess, but only if it seems sincere. In any case, he left in a most disgusting way; he should be the one asking for forgiveness.

I've heard some on here suggest that if Rich would ever make a public apology, the healing process could start. I do believe in forgivemess, but only if it seems sincere. In any case, he left in a most disgusting way; he should be the one asking for forgiveness.

He cried on ESPN. ...lol.

I don't want forgiveness....I want wins. If he's our best option then we should take it.

...or hope that some JoeBlow (aka atm DH) is instantly a good coach. Really, I think WVU is taking lumps making DH a future great coach.....for another school.

He cried on ESPN. ...lol.

I don't want forgiveness....I want wins. If he's our best option then we should take it.

...or hope that some JoeBlow (aka atm DH) is instantly a good coach. Really, I think WVU is taking lumps making DH a future great coach.....for another school.

I suspect it will be that way with most any coach that does well at WVU. Hopefully, some of that Big 12 $$$$ will help prevent this from happening to often. I think many of us got used to the DN tenure of 1980-2000 (20 years without a coaching change). Things are different now and way more money is up for grabs.

its also funny how some of our fans like the OP who willingly give pastilong, garrison, etc a pass for their role in Rods departure. There's a reason he left. But those fools want to ignore that.

The OP (that would be me) NEVER gave Pastilong, Garrison, etc. a pass for their role in Rod's departure. I said the opposite. I wrote again and again that, if Oliver Luck were AD when Rod was here, Rod may still be the WVU football coach. WVU didn't give Rod the improvements he wanted, which Luck eventually provided. Don't revise history with myths.
Find my post where I gave the guys who fumbled the ball a pass! Triple dog dare you!:angry:

oh please let this kind of arguing / topics be going on when / if I am bored at the beach. There are hours to occupy my time in the event of thunderstorms.

I must just add the options (same old same old names that have HISTORYat WVU) are a NO CHANCE IN HELL group and for obvious reasons if you really look at their histories/resume's.

All of us, including, hope you are right about Dana. 18-20 requires a lot of faith, though. I'd love for Dana to go 12-0 and make the national playoffs and have everyone come on here and "I told you so" me. I'd LOVE it because my alma mater would benefit. Till then I'm going by what I see . . . so far.

You post this crap on both sites, and it still doesn't make it a good post.

And just because you wrote for a paper for a a decade doesn't make you an expert in all things sports. Bowden has been worse than Dana and he's in a situation with lesser competition. Get over it. He's a terrible choice.

If Dana fails I bet Lyons tries to get someone from Alabama.

That thought crossed my mind. WVU could do worse than one of Brother's top assistants.

Meanwhile, we're all hoping against hope for Dana to succeed, because it's my alma mater that would be succeeding.

While Rod is a winner, he's also got a huge ego I feel. Most all coaches do including Saban. If, a big but not impossible if, Rod returned, I'm sure the exit in '07 would be thoroughly asked about & reported on initially. Then he'd stop taking questions about it & everyone would move on. (Last summer he did a piece with Seth Davis & did address some of this.)

He's already shown he can make WVU an annual top 10 program with an exciting brand of ball. To me, that's the only thing that matters.

You'd think a top assistant from the Saban tree would know best how to build a championship level program. The next head man, I'd prefer he comes in with a resume that includes wins prior as a head coach.

I'm fine with Rich but Leach has issues and has only had limited success. Right now he's struggling to show any signs of improvement. Doc just isn't an option for variety of reasons.

WVU's next coach could possibly be Rich but it will likely be a head coach of a MAC/CUSA type school.
Fraud. Really???????

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT