ADVERTISEMENT

I think MU should follow the WVU model...play

Tonycried

All-American
Aug 6, 2004
absolutely no road games until January. Lay in at home during November and December and play handpicked opponents with maybe one team with a pulse on a neutral site but certainly not on the road. Enter conference play with a bloated 12-1 record at worse then play .500 in conference, demand a high seed in the dance and hopefully not get exposed in the first round for the pure fraud that I've perpetrated. Pretty damn slick and I give you boys credit for pulling it off and giving us the blueprint!

absolutely no road games until January. Lay in at home during November and December and play handpicked opponents with maybe one team with a pulse on a neutral site but certainly not on the road. Enter conference play with a bloated 12-1 record at worse then play .500 in conference, demand a high seed in the dance and hopefully not get exposed in the first round for the pure fraud that I've perpetrated. Pretty damn slick and I give you boys credit for pulling it off and giving us the blueprint!

Math for engineers must be a lot different than math for lawyers.

problem is, WVU can, and will be able to do what you indicated regarding playing at home, bringing in preseason warmup fodder to beat up on. marshla doesn't have that clout. marshla is shit outta luck. best of luck with being warm-up fodder for teams like WVU and playing at their venue through December.

13-5 is .500?
4 neutral site games equals 1?

And we wonder why there are so many lawyer jokes
Speaking in generalities, you boys pulled the same stunt last season , what was your Big 12 record in 2015-16? ...and I come not to praise Caesar but to bury him!

problem is, WVU can, and will be able to do what you indicated regarding playing at home, bringing in preseason warmup fodder to beat up on. marshla doesn't have that clout. marshla is shit outta luck. best of luck with being warm-up fodder for teams like WVU and playing at their venue through December.
So it's not about quality ...it's about " clout"?

Speaking in generalities, you boys pulled the same stunt last season , what was your Big 12 record in 2015-16? ...and I come not to praise Caesar but to bury him!

Our Big 12 record in 15-16 was 13-5.

Speaking in generalities, it isn't a good strategy to play weak OOC and play in a single bid league and finish around .500. So yes, you should consider a different strategy.

Maybe winning more games will work? Worth a shot.

If by 15-16, you meant 14-15 ... Our Sweet 16 year ... we had an 11-7 conference record.

If by 15-16, you meant 14-15 ... Our Sweet 16 year ... we had an 11-7 conference record.
You're misinterpreting what I'm alluding to....I think you boys are very clever and I'm heaping praise on you! I have no idea if you're any good or not but very clever to say the least!

Our Big 12 record in 15-16 was 13-5.

Speaking in generalities, it isn't a good strategy to play weak OOC and play in a single bid league and finish around .500. So yes, you should consider a different strategy.

Maybe winning more games will work? Worth a shot.
No question , we'll win more games by following your model, no troublesome road games until January!

How do you get the clout?
You don't get it just because you say you have it.
You boys should have explained how much "clout" you have to poor ol' SFA...maybe if they knew and fully appreciated your aura, they might have let you win!

Nope.
Just saying that if you stick with the lower half of D1, you'll fare a little better.

You can't compete in the top half.
Well rest assured we'll take Huggy's wise counsel...if he says stay at home and play weak competition...we'll take it as the gospel!

Well rest assured we'll take Huggy's wise counsel...if he says stay at home and play weak competition...we'll take it as the gospel!

Keep in mind, that only works if you play a tough conference schedule. There has to be respectable teams on your schedule someplace.

You don't have that.

Keep in mind, that only works if you play a tough conference schedule. There has to be respectable teams on your schedule someplace.

You don't have that.
Ask Michigan State if MTSU was any good...they can be reached at home in East Lansing! Hahahahhahahah

When it's been 29 years since you made the tournament and since you've never won a tournament game, I agree. Do something different. Anything. But I don't think bringing in a few wv kids and some Serbs is the answer.

Maybe just give up basketball?

Reactions: CAK125
Another thread where a Marshall fan runs his smoker about something other teams do.

Here is an idea for Marshall fans. FUKING DO SOMETHING WORTH TALKING ABOUT.

Back to back to back
Back to Back to Back and beaten NOBODY worth a shit. Done nothing worth a shit and Marshall fans are left to run their mouths about what they could certainly do but have never, never, and never actually done.

"I think MU should follow the WVU model..."

Impossible(anything is possible, some people say.....but the above isn't). Moo hasn't the resources, facilities, conference affiliation, name recognition, academic standing, P5 teams willing to play in Huntington, student population, fan support, faculty, coaching staffs, ability to pay coaching staffs or faculty, that WVU has. It would be folly to think otherwise. Follow West Liberty's model.

However, the sentiment of wanting to continue to try to follow WVU is spunky and admirable.

Impossible(anything is possible, some people say.....but the above isn't). Moo hasn't the resources, facilities, conference affiliation, name recognition, academic standing, P5 teams willing to play in Huntington, student population, fan support, faculty, coaching staffs, ability to pay coaching staffs or faculty, that WVU has. It would be folly to think otherwise. Follow West Liberty's model.

However, the sentiment of wanting to continue to try to follow WVU is spunky and admirable.

Other than that though, they could. [banana]

And with all that being said, the :football: pollsters still gave us more love for three years running So.......:middlefinger:

The WVU mantra: Don't take a chance by even playing!

"don't take a chance by even playing" .... A look at the schedules will show where that's most applicable.

We played 12 times ... gave you 12 ass kickings ... we have bigger fish to fry.

"don't take a chance by even playing" .... A look at the schedules will show where that's most applicable.

We played 12 times ... gave you 12 ass kickings ... we have bigger fish to fry.
OK, I'll bite...who do you boys play OOC next year?

OK, I'll bite...who do you boys play OOC next year?

I'm talking the schedule as a whole.
We have YSU (which is going to be the last FCS school we play), BYU at a "neutral" site (FedEx field in DC), and Missouri before getting into our Big 12 slate.

You have Morgan St. (who?), Akron, Louisville (all at home, and you bash our basketball scheduling) and then Pitt before getting into your creampuff conference schedule.

We'll see at the end of the year which OOC schedule ended up being more difficult.

When was the last time you played a ranked team?

I'm talking the schedule as a whole.
We have YSU (which is going to be the last FCS school we play), BYU at a "neutral" site (FedEx field in DC), and Missouri before getting into our Big 12 slate.

You have Morgan St. (who?), Akron, Louisville (all at home, and you bash our basketball scheduling) and then Pitt before getting into your creampuff conference schedule.

We'll see at the end of the year which OOC schedule ended up being more difficult.

When was the last time you played a ranked team?
YSU will be the best team you play OOC...saw Mizzou up close and personal, they lost to UK which speaks volumes!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT