ADVERTISEMENT

I think it is time

AnthonyKrumpach

Mostly right and my mom likes me........sometimes
Staff
Jul 19, 2012
Monroe, ga
westvirginia.rivals.com
There were very few who were higher on Neal Brown than myself. He was a young coach who played tough defense and smash mouth attitude. He connected with todays player but still has some old school mentality like discipline and mental toughness. These are all things we were hoping to see come to Morgantown after Dana was lacking in these areas.

5 years later and none of these virtues have been cultivated in the football program. We are still struggling to recruit/develope high quality high school quarterbacks, wide outs are still dropping passes, mental breakdowns on and off the field, general lack of discipline and a continuous rotation of low level or juco defensive backs.

Where is the depth? Injuries have been bad on the back seven on defense but there are positions that have NO viable back-up options. Yes I appreciate that there is some quality depth at both lines and right end but what is going on with the skill positions?

Why are we continuously making the same mistakes? Why am I watching a large, powerful offensive line blocking sideways 50% of the time? When we cant stretch the field vertically why do we still run long developing running plays into loaded defensive boxes? Why haven't our receivers been coached up to block? When something is working why do we immediately go away from it? And when something doesn't work we ran it 5 more time just to make sure its doesn't work? Why do we play conservatively until we are forced not to?

Why is it that we are 2-3 stupid, self inflicted mistakes from 6-1 and in our hearts still realize, collectively, that this just isn't a good team/well coached team? We honestly could have been 10-2 but we all know this program would not match that record. It would be based on the lack of quality of the teams we are playing. While I was excited to be 4-1 it just felt like that record was awarded inspite of what we had accomplished. Yes there were glimpses of possible growth, but there was just too many reminders of what we acctually are. Which is a program that is no longer treading water. 4-8 or 10-2, I just don't see the development in this program to continue doing what we've done for the past 5 years.

I like Brown and respect him. He is a genuinely great person and I wish him and this family nothing but the best. I wanted nothing more than to see him succeed here at WVU...........but his time in Morgantown SHOULD be over. Apathy has set in and he cannot recover the fanbase. It is time to end this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News