ADVERTISEMENT

Huggins' press conference was inspirational to me

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
Huggins press conference quotes that stood out to me:

“We have a whole bunch of people who come from different basketball backgrounds. Obviously they’re not thinking the same way.”

Bingo! 9 strangers with great physical attributes, all taught slightly different way. They just have not become a well-knit unit ... yet. Still plenty of time as painful as it is to watch the search for success.

“We’re close.”

No intelligent observer can dispute that.

“Are they going to execute what we ask them to execute.”

That answers the questions posed on here about what is Bob's fault and what is the players' fault.

“With the portal and freedom of movement it’s a different game.”

No one can dispute that.

“There’s a huge difference between the Atlantic 10 to the Big 12. It’s the hardest league in America.”

Even some on this forum refuse to recognize that. As I've said many times teams near the top of their conference could be at or near the bottom of the Big 12.

“We played the 4th toughest schedule to date in the country.”

Again, too many shrug off that indisputable fact in evaluating WVU's performances so far.

“We turn it over way too much.”

Amen! Turnovers are more costly than missed shots because they often turn a chance at 2 or 3 points into an easy layup for the team you handed the basketball. Which is a 4- or 5-point difference.

Bob was quietly analytical but gave a very instructional chat on the state of 150 mph basketball with milliseconds to get it right today. WVU has the best guy possible to solve these problems. I trust Huggins.

Now, let's see if we can turn a close loss into a close victory even if we're playing a Top 25 team!

“We have a whole bunch of people who come from different basketball backgrounds. Obviously they’re not thinking the same way.”

Bingo! 9 strangers with great physical attributes, all taught slightly different way. They just have not become a well-knit unit ... yet. Still plenty of time as painful as it is to watch the search for success.

“We’re close.”

That answers the questions posed on here about what is Bob's fault and what is the players' fault.

No one can dispute that.

“There’s a huge difference between the Atlantic 10 to the Big 12. It’s the hardest league in America.”

Even some on this forum refuse to recognize that. As I've said many times teams near the top of their conference could be at or near the bottom of the Big 12.

Again, too many shrug off that indisputable fact in evaluating WVU's performances so far.

Amen! Turnovers are more costly than missed shots because they often turn a chance at 2 or 3 points into an easy layup for the team you handed the basketball. Which is a 4- or 5-point difference.

Bob was quietly analytical but gave a very instructional chat on the state of 150 mph basketball with milliseconds to get it right today. WVU has the best guy possible to solve these problems. I trust Huggins.

Now, let's see if we can turn a close loss into a close victory even if we're playing a Top 25 team!

Kansas State has more new players than we do.

Doesn't seem to be bothering them.

Reactions: WVUALLEN

Kansas State has more new players than we do.

Doesn't seem to be bothering them.

CORRECT. IF I COUNTED RIGHT, 13 TO THE 9 FOR WVU.

Did you cut and paste your info from this sight or another? You should really give recognition to the one who wrote it.

“We’re close.”

No one can dispute that.

inspiring for what! A Geritol commercial or to pick up a pom pom you save from your freshman year that might qualify as an exhibit to the Smithsonian when Angela Standsbury was a child? Dude, I'm not that far behind you but Huggins inspires what? Gravity?

inspiring for what! A Geritol commercial or to pick up a pom pom you save from your freshman year that might qualify as an exhibit to the Smithsonian when Angela Standsbury was a child? Dude, I'm not that far behind you but Huggins inspires what? Gravity?

INSPIRING FOR ACCURACY. WHICH OF THE HUGGINS QUOTES IS NOT ACCURATE?

INSPIRING FOR ACCURACY. WHICH OF THE HUGGINS QUOTES IS NOT ACCURATE?
uh dude. one can be inspiring by inaccuracy. Look at Dana! He was one big lie, a fraud, and inaccurate.

you were talking inspiring, not accuracy! smart up now because you aren't very smart. You are becoming Dana!

But, the actual quote attributed to then VP Spiro Agnew was "nattering nabobs of negativity." I told CFE when he posted that post he left off the quotation marks. That is a cardinal rule for journalists.

I KNEW IT WAS AGNEW, THE DISGRACED VP. SO, I CAN'T QUOTE AGNEW, OR GOD, OR CHRIST, OR EINSTEIN?

“We’re close.”

No one can dispute that.

You're sundowning....

I'll be inspired when we start winning.
bd7b643be56505ded8eaf0413633f62e.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Rootmaster
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT