ADVERTISEMENT

Fauci.. no fans this year in sports

What you heard? Link? Breitbart? Haven't "heard" anything about that.
I heard from some talking head that most of the NY covid cases originated in Italy. Travel back and forth. What do you know?

I'm sure the same can be said of where you live. Its just that when you are on a train w/ several hundred people on it swapping germs is unavoidable.
And there is the reason that the disease spread so much more than areas that don't live on top of one another and commute by mass transit. Just a matter of exposure. Roanoke Valley and up to Blacksburg has had handful, I know of one, death. I'm lucky to live here

Reactions: BigC
I know but some on here may not know. I had to suspend my practice for 5 weeks. I'm required to still go and work in the prison. No way govt lets them suffer.

did dentists get any small business help? I have a couple a Dentist buddies that kinda live like rock stars and have mountains of debt and was wondering how far up shit creek they are right now without being able to make any money.

did dentists get any small business help? I have a couple a Dentist buddies that kinda live like rock stars and have mountains of debt and was wondering how far up shit creek they are right now without being able to make any money.
I'm in the que with First citizens. I'm a small practice, low overhead, and I can get 45,000 if my bank gets enough. I have about $25,000 on hand which would last a couple of weeks if I don't get any. We get to start back Monday. Hopefully, we are able to make ends meet if I don't get it. When I pay myself and my office manager, that quickly reduces. the oral surgeons that I mostly use got theirs already. They don't plan to go back till the following Monday

Reactions: Mr. Kruger
I heard from some talking head that most of the NY covid cases originated in Italy. Travel back and forth. What do you know?
I know that is hearsay. As reported the first case was a medical professional that had traveled to Iran where she most likely infected. The 2nd case was a Jewish lawyer who worked in Manhattan and took MetroNorth everyday. He attended a wedding and funeral at his synagogue, where he apparently spread the disease to many people...including his family. As far as I know they don't know where he contracted the virus.

I'm in the healthcare field and live in the NYC metro area and never once heard anything "most" cases from NYC originating in Italy. The 2 areas most affected by COVID were the Bronx and Queens...not too many people from those places going to and from Italy.

So, you're just spreading stupid shit you either 1) hear from who? people in rural VA about what is going on in NY or 2) BS media sources.

Well, being a doctor, he probably "hears" things that most of the rest of us don't.
Doctor? LOL? He's a dentist. I'm on weekly calls with the New York State Department of Health as part of my work. Do you think he "hears" more accurate info that is given to me by the NYS DOH?

He doesn't hear shit. He reads it on the internet.

Airport may be a dentist ...

But he's filled more cavities than you and I have ever filled while at Daytona Beach in our prime. [smoke]

I know that is hearsay. As reported the first case was a medical professional that had traveled to Iran where she most likely infected. The 2nd case was a Jewish lawyer who worked in Manhattan and took MetroNorth everyday. He attended a wedding and funeral at his synagogue, where he apparently spread the disease to many people...including his family. As far as I know they don't know where he contracted the virus.

I'm in the healthcare field and live in the NYC metro area and never once heard anything "most" cases from NYC originating in Italy. The 2 areas most affected by COVID were the Bronx and Queens...not too many people from those places going to and from Italy.

So, you're just spreading stupid shit you either 1) hear from who? people in rural VA about what is going on in NY or 2) BS media sources.
take it up with the ABC, they're the ones that put it out there. Just proves that subways, elevators, buses and taxis are some of the dirtiest places on earth.

Doctor? LOL? He's a dentist. I'm on weekly calls with the New York State Department of Health as part of my work. Do you think he "hears" more accurate info that is given to me by the NYS DOH?

He doesn't hear shit. He reads it on the internet.
In my post I said I had never heard that before . I heard it on either the tV
or the radio. I also gave you the info from ABCnews that said the same thing.

I'm in the que with First citizens. I'm a small practice, low overhead, and I can get 45,000 if my bank gets enough. I have about $25,000 on hand which would last a couple of weeks if I don't get any. We get to start back Monday. Hopefully, we are able to make ends meet if I don't get it. When I pay myself and my office manager, that quickly reduces. the oral surgeons that I mostly use got theirs already. They don't plan to go back till the following Monday
When this Payroll Protection Program came about, many of the banks around here were... We'll, I'll just say that for whatever reason, they have been a lil slow to help their vliets. My accountant pointed me toward Farmer's Federal, and they pushed everything thru pretty quickly. Meanwhile, some folks with a lot bigger businesses than mine are still waiting for their respective banks to get their shit together.

Actually they did a genome test on the virus and Im not a scientes but what I gathered from the report is that the strain in NY came from Europen Genomes, that actually comports to my theory is we have two differnt strains of this damn thing. One in California and one in NY. The thing is if you look at the the numbers on the East Coast they ahve similar statistics as most european countries and the West Coast is mor in line with those of Asian countries. Again that's just a hunch but it does makes sense

Reactions: Bucktown Brown
From a New York Times article April 8...

“The majority is clearly European,” said Harm van Bakel, a geneticist at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, who co-wrote a study awaiting peer review.

A separate team at N.Y.U. Grossman School of Medicine came to strikingly similar conclusions, despite studying a different group of cases. Both teams analyzed genomes from coronaviruses taken from New Yorkers starting in mid-March.

And as northern Italy was the epicenter for the European outbreak the conclusion in the ABC report (from April 9) followed that logic.

ABC News Article

New York City’s first confirmed COVID-19 cases are from primarily European and United States sources, according to the first molecular epidemiology study of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, conducted by Mount Sinai.

The study, which was published online, was led by Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai researchers and is the first to trace the source of the cases. The study shows that the epidemic in the city predominately arose through untracked transmission between the United States and Europe. It also found limited evidence to support any direct introductions from China, where the virus originated, or other locations in Asia.

"These results show that SARS-CoV-2 came to the New York City area predominately via Europe through untracked transmissions," Viviana Simon, MD, PhD, Professor of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases at ISMMS, said. "Only one of the cases studied was infected with a virus that was a clear candidate for introduction from Asia, and that virus is most closely related to viral isolates from Seattle, Washington."

News
Top news stories in the tri-state area, in America and around the world

CORONAVIRUS6 HOURS AGO
Up to 2.7 Million in New York May Have Been Infected, Antibody Study Finds

CORONAVIRUS1 HOUR AGO
Many New Yorkers With COVID-19 Waited Too Long to Call 911. Why?
New York City has become one of the major epicenters of SARS-CoV-2 infections in the US with more than 4,000 fatalities in the metropolitan area.

The team of researchers from the Icahn Institute for Data Science and Genomic Technology, the Global Health and Emerging Pathogens Institute, and the Departments of Microbiology, Pathology, and Genetics and Genomic Sciences sequenced 90 SARS-CoV-2 genomes from 84 of over 800 confirmed COVID-19 positive cases within the Mount Sinai Health System.

“We sequenced genomes from COVID-19 cases identified up to March 18,” Harm van Bakel, Assistant Professor of Genetics and Genomic Sciences at ISMMS, said. “These cases were drawn from 21 New York City neighborhoods across four boroughs (Manhattan, Bronx, Queens and Brooklyn), as well as two towns in neighboring Westchester County.”

The researchers then analyzed these sequences together with all 2,363 publicly available SARS-CoV-2 genomes from around the world to determine the most likely origin of the SARS-CoV-2 strains infecting the Mount Sinai patients.

“Phylogenetic analysis of 84 distinct SARS-CoV2 genomes indicates multiple independent but isolated introductions mainly from Europe and other parts of the United States. In addition, clusters of related viruses found in patients living in different neighborhoods of the city provide strong evidence of community transmission of SARS-CoV2 in the city prior to March 18, 2020,” van Bakel said, adding that the team wasn't "entirely surprised" by the results, but said it was still interesting to see it.

Although the federal government instituted targeted screening of possible COVID-19 cases, as well as a number travel restrictions to curtail its spread in the United States from hotspots in China, Iran, and, later, European countries, the first case in the state of New York was identified in New York City last month.

On March 1, New York Mayor Bill de Blasio announced the city's first confirmed novel coronavirus case.

Mayor Bill de Blasio

✔@NYCMayor

From the beginning, we have said it was a matter of when, not if, there would be a positive case of coronavirus in New York. Now our first case has been confirmed. The patient contracted the virus during recent travel and is isolated in her home under close monitoring.

9:54 PM - Mar 1, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy

430 people are talking about this

However, the study found another interesting element: while the first New York State case was confirmed in March, data shows the virus was circulating around the metropolitan area weeks beforehand, wholly undetected.

"The study also suggests that the virus was likely circulating as early as late-January 2020 in the New York City area. This underscores the urgent need for early and continued broad testing to identify untracked transmission clusters in the community," Simon said. "This is important to know because it allows us to identify the sources and the origin of the virus."

According to researchers, knowing the time the virus came to New York and the route it took is important for evaluating and designing effective containment strategies.

This article tagged under:
CORONAVIRUSNEW YORK CITYCOVID-19HEALTHSTUDY

• Not sure what this proves but I guess the person who I heard had read this study.

Reactions: jerzac
When this Payroll Protection Program came about, many of the banks around here were... We'll, I'll just say that for whatever reason, they have been a lil slow to help their vliets. My accountant pointed me toward Farmer's Federal, and they pushed everything thru pretty quickly. Meanwhile, some folks with a lot bigger businesses than mine are still waiting for their respective banks to get their shit together.
FI’s should be lining up to do these loans. They get a 5% fee from the SBA for making the loan.

Because the trajectory of excess mortality we are seeing right now in the US and in Italy, UK, France, etc point to an undercount of deaths caused by coronavirus.

How many have been infected total?

I know but some on here may not know. I had to suspend my practice for 5 weeks. I'm required to still go and work in the prison. No way govt lets them suffer.
there's a guy in Raleigh on death row.... called the 3 million dollar man..he goes to Duke for cancer treatments and has been for years..and it has cost the state over 3 million to keep him alive to kill him.

I believe there are stronger mutations of the virus in some areas compared to others in United States.

NYC was hit disproportionately compared to rest of Nation. There is no reason why NYC was so severe and Boston, DC, Philly, and other urban areas weren't.

Also, NYC saw the virus jump from Human to Animals at NYC zoo. Hopefully, the CDC does a study to assess reason C-19 was more lethal and potent in NYC.

New York was late to the dance in the stay at home game. Their population density is also more than double the other NE cities of DC, Philly, Boston. Those 2 factors really did a number on New York.

NYC is filthy.. been there several times for work and once for visiting a friend. Told the friend I'll never be back... Unfortunately DC area is increasingly overrun with Northeastern garbage who are desperately working to turn Virginia into the dump they came from.

****ing cock sucker black face governor extended us another week and may extend it another. We have no problems here at all. You can bet that if all the problems were in the rural areas that no liberal gov official would shut down the cities. If I don't get that PPP I will run out if it lasts another 2 weeks

Reactions: Mr. Kruger
****ing cock sucker black face governor extended us another week and may extend it another. We have no problems here at all. You can bet that if all the problems were in the rural areas that no liberal gov official would shut down the cities. If I don't get that PPP I will run out if it lasts another 2 weeks

Open anyway.. I see a business owner in Bedford is..

Open anyway.. I see a business owner in Bedford is..
I have a license to consider. Malpractice insurance too. May not cover you if you ignore the order. Fing cock sucking liberal. Rural areas are safe.

New York was late to the dance in the stay at home game. Their population density is also more than double the other NE cities of DC, Philly, Boston. Those 2 factors really did a number on New York.

I'm not sure that's entirely accurate. Do you have any source or timeline compared to other cities?

The strain is much more severe in NYC by cases, hospitalization, and fatalities statistically.

There are some countries with a fatality rate of .005 percent, but Italy was closer to 15 percent. NY is closer to Italy percentage. IMO, it's the strain was mutated and much worse in NYC.
[

I have a license to consider. Malpractice insurance too. May not cover you if you ignore the order. Fing cock sucking liberal. Rural areas are safe.

Wife had swollen gum and infection in tooth from a tooth her Dentist wanted to fix 6 months ago... We called last Friday and they had us take photos and send them in.. called back said they aren't "doing procedures" referred us to a Dental Surgeon in Manassas Park (we are in Manassas).. they looked at her old 6 month x-rays and same photos.. called us back and said call her main Dentist back and tell them to prescribe antibiotic. Got antibiotics last Friday.. toothache gone but antibiotics final dose tonight. So we will see if the toothache comes back.. want to pull a tooth for me on your own time? Ha ha. I offered "Castaway" dental service to my wife but she wouldn't go for it...

I'm not sure that's entirely accurate. Do you have any source or timeline compared to other cities?

The strain is much more severe in NYC by cases, hospitalization, and fatalities statistically.

There are some countries with a fatality rate of .005 percent, but Italy was closer to 15 percent. NY is closer to Italy percentage. IMO, it's the strain was mutated and much worse in NYC.
[
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/202...ad-his-worst-week-as-new-york-city-mayor.html

Wife had swollen gum and infection in tooth from a tooth her Dentist wanted to fix 6 months ago... We called last Friday and they had us take photos and send them in.. called back said they aren't "doing procedures" referred us to a Dental Surgeon in Manassas Park (we are in Manassas).. they looked at her old 6 month x-rays and same photos.. called us back and said call her main Dentist back and tell them to prescribe antibiotic. Got antibiotics last Friday.. toothache gone but antibiotics final dose tonight. So we will see if the toothache comes back.. want to pull a tooth for me on your own time? Ha ha. I offered "Castaway" dental service to my wife but she wouldn't go for it...
I'm working Tuesday in my office of you want to drive to Roanoke. This is the problem, why work? Chiropractor can work but we can't. I'm sure there's more of a problem in Manasas but there's nothing here. Hospitals are empty just like ****head s brain.

[
New stats out suggest otherwise. NYC probably has more compromised population in a smaller area.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT