ADVERTISEMENT

Crest will start and be best QB here since Pat White

defenserules7

Junior
Nov 8, 2014
I attended the practice and closely monitored several positions. Crest is physically the top QB and will develop a lot with reps and coaching. He really stood out when they scrimmaged with his running and passing. Kid is going to be a star QB here. I could easily see that despite the whole offense looking rusty being early in the spring. Crest had several nice passes dropped by WR and TE. He threw 2 TD passes though and looked like a legit rising star.

The other QBs don't have his upside or talent but Skyler Howard will make a great backup and also has ability to run and pass. We are in great shape at QB with Crest and Howard. The offense is behind defense right now but Crest and Howard are going to be good. Crest is the guy and will eventually start. The reps he is getting will help his talent take over.

Can't wait to see crest at the greenbrier

Does crests motion look better ?

Heard sills is struggling throwing the ball
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Lets hope Holgy finally has some QBs who can run his system the way we all were expecting when we hired him. Outside of the first 5 games of 2012 we haven't really seen it.

Crest has the strongest arm of the group and his motion is nice. Howard can zip that ball for a smaller guy. Sills has a weaker arm at this point but he is a young early enroll HS kid that will redshirt. Sills is tall and skinny and can run. His throwing motion is slow and needs to gain strength and size. Howard and Crest are compact and muscular looking strong. Sills is not ready. No pressure though he will redshirt.

The 2 true freshmen are redshirting so its Crest and Howard battling for playing time. Like I said Crest is the real deal and looks like the talent we hear about so much. Offense is rusty but the physical talent is there. Crest is very mobile and flashed some nice runs in the scrimmaging they did. He also passed and improvised nicely. We have a star in the making with Crest. Dana will make him a star in this offense. He just needs the reps and practice and that's what this is for. I also like Howard but no way will Crest be watching.

I hope so ...

From what I've seen of Howard, his flashes of brilliance are out weighed by his blunders. I know he has only played 2.5 games at the D1 level, but he's had time in JUCO and I think his ceiling is lower than what WVU needs to compete for a Big XII title. I think he'd be a great back-up and I could be wrong about his potential, but if Howard is named the starter I fear its more a indictment of Crest than Howard being a great QB.

Howard averaged nearly 100 yards passing and 1 TD per QUARTER last season

I think we know who our QB is going to be.

If you were indeed anywhere near the teams practice, you were at best the dude cleaning bathrooms.

Originally posted by WVU-Brand:
If you were indeed anywhere near the teams practice, you were at best the dude cleaning bathrooms.
All I know is this guy is the highest paid pizza delivery person in the world. He basically travels the east coast watching sports and still manages to get the pie to your door in under 30 mins.

Originally posted by KeatonsCorner:
Howard averaged nearly 100 yards passing and 1 TD per QUARTER last season

I think we know who our QB is going to be.
Right now Howard is the clear leader but there's still a lot of time to go between now and the opener. Crest will have show a lot of improvement during that time to take the starting position.

Originally posted by WVU-Brand:
laugh.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 4/6 2:22 PM by Thumper

Originally posted by defenserules7:
I attended the practice and closely monitored several positions. Crest is physically the top QB and will develop a lot with reps and coaching. He really stood out when they scrimmaged with his running and passing. Kid is going to be a star QB here. I could easily see that despite the whole offense looking rusty being early in the spring. Crest had several nice passes dropped by WR and TE. He threw 2 TD passes though and looked like a legit rising star.

The other QBs don't have his upside or talent but Skyler Howard will make a great backup and also has ability to run and pass. We are in great shape at QB with Crest and Howard. The offense is behind defense right now but Crest and Howard are going to be good. Crest is the guy and will eventually start. The reps he is getting will help his talent take over.
So...you're saying you prefer a mobile quarterback???
confused0006.r191677.gif

Attended prqctice and closely monitored....

In other words, you went back and recycled the same tired message you have been posting for over a year. If Crest does have a successful career at WVU you do realize you will have had nothing to do with it? Probably not. Crest with the reception!

Vernon the offense is a rusty mess at this point but I don't see Howard keeping the 1st team job past August. Crest will develop nicely and has a lot of practices to take the starting job. I like Howard at QB too but Crest has the bigger time ability that we are looking for. Howard will improve as well and thats the good thing having 2 talented QB's. Its just that Crest is just too talented to not start. If Howard were even to start the season, which would surprise me, its a matter of time until Crest takes over. I actually have no issue playing both.

Howard was effective last year and is always going to get knocked down because he is small and under rated. He has talent despite being short. I like his game. He gives us 2 great options and he can also run and pass. Good athlete with live arm.

Do yourself a favor and attend all the open practices and its not going to be hard to see that Crest is the top QB. You will also see him develop nicely each week into a star. He has all the tools. Big, strong and can run and throw. He will be a star here.

Its all about the reps he is getting. It will get him ready. Too much talent to not start.

Let me just stress that we have 2 good QB's in Crest and Howard. I'm all for playing both. It may actually work. I don't want to down grade Howard cause he is talented as well. Crest is just a beast though. No way he watches anyone play long here. He has star written all over him. With all the reps he will receive he will be special by August.

August 2014:

"I dont see Trickett getting the starting job, or at least keeping it after the first few games"

This record has played so manny times

Trickett fell off bad and was benched at seasons end. Crest was true freshmen and Howard was new here as well so that's why he started. Trickett had a pedestrian 18 TD's and a horrible 12 interceptions and 15 turnovers combined. He fell off at mid year.

Trickett fell off bad and was benched at seasons end. Crest was true freshmen and Howard was new here as well so that's why he started. Trickett had a pedestrian 18 TD's and a horrible 12 interceptions and 15 turnovers combined. He fell off at mid year.
"pedestrian 18 TD's"

Thats new to me. Care to elaborate?

18 td passes for a slow pocket passer who can't run is not very good in this offense especially with 12 interceptions and more fumble turnovers...Crest and Howard will easily upgrade

Pat White had more td passes than Trickett and Pat didn't have to rely on passing cause he can run. I'm glad Trickett era is over. He was limited.

18 td passes for a slow pocket passer who can't run is not very good in this offense especially with 12 interceptions and more fumble turnovers...Crest and Howard will easily upgrade

Pat White had more td passes than Trickett and Pat didn't have to rely on passing cause he can run. I'm glad Trickett era is over. He was limited.
This is so full of ridiculous comparisons that I feel stupid for even replying. Dead to me.

He was injured dumbass. If you want to see it unfold, watch the TCU game.

You really bought that injury excuse??? They wanted to play Howard more as well and after the Kansas State game they realized Howard could play better.

Trickett was done when defenses double teamed Kevin White hard. He could only see White. Trickett is not the answer at QB. Too slow and low ceiling. The team was losing and offenses was sputtering. It was Howard's turn.

You really bought that injury excuse??? They wanted to play Howard more as well and after the Kansas State game they realized Howard could play better.

Trickett was done when defenses double teamed Kevin White hard. He could only see White. Trickett is not the answer at QB. Too slow and low ceiling. The team was losing and offenses was sputtering. It was Howard's turn.
He actually was hurt, because of concussions he can no longer play football...

That said, they were likely moving away from him regardless, the season was over and it was better for the program to get Howard some game action, he played very well and I am not going to be upset if he is the opening day starter.

Pig shit has a higher IQ than you on its bad day.

Originally posted by KeatonsCorner:
Trickett was leading the nation in passing when he was injured, you EPIC PIZZA BOY FOOL
Good Grief...... there you go yet again Keaton, mixing truth and facts in with the bullshit.
sign0011.r191677.gif

There is an extremely large and detailed thread over on TOS about this very subject. Those guys are clueless and need enlightened. You really should concentrate the majority of your efforts there, at least for now.

I'm just happy that we have two playmaking quarterbacks to argue over.

Trickett was playing great until he got the hell beat out of him against TCU.

It won't matter who the qb is if we don't protect them, we don't need another qb retiring because of being sacked to many times.

This post was edited on 4/7 2:47 PM by VaultHunter

If we cant find any receivers to catch it, what difference will it make? Does anyone really trust two undersized smurfs to carry an offense? I don't. If we can't find an outside guy to take the top off of the defense we will have another 4 win season on our hands. We've shown repeatedly that we can't run the ball "at will". Now if we can't threaten downfield we will have an entire defense playing up close. Which will all but neutralize those inside guys which usually run short outs or crossing routes.

Crest is going to be a beast at receiver

If Howard is the quarterback, Chugs and Sills can be backups and Crest can make the offense go best if he is a receiver.

You ought to buy a subscription. Your insight would be awesome on the Blue Lot.

Sorry Keaton but Trickett was stinking it up and the losses were adding up along with the offense tanking and sputtering with Trickett. He wasn't leading anything at that point. Trickett is not a 12 game effective starter.

Crest is superstar talent at QB.

Sorry Keaton but Trickett was stinking it up and the losses were adding up along with the offense tanking and sputtering with Trickett. He wasn't leading anything at that point. Trickett is not a 12 game effective starter.

Crest is superstar talent at QB.
There is a questions that is begging to ask, why dont you ever talk about defense? Your user name says defense rules. What's you take on the defense by position?

Any thoughts on the incoming freshman?

Whats you thoughts on the 2 freshman QB's?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT