ADVERTISEMENT

Crest will start and be best QB here since Pat White

I'm sure I will regret this but he is right about trickett he only started out of desperation. That should tell you how bad Millard was he was here 4 years and couldn't win the starting job for that part I am glad we had Trickett at that time. But we need way better then tricky to compete with the big boys. Just look at Texas with all the 5 star talent in the world but no QB to lead them

Spot on...the truth hurts many and the truth is that we haven't had QBs. Trickett was a backup. He stunk it up after 7 games.

Crest and Howard give us better QBs. Crest has star potential.

"If we cant find any receivers to catch it, what difference will it make?"

this same sentence was posted how many times in August 2014?

Trickett ranked #23 in passing in the 2014 season..........................

after sitting out the last 3 games......................

to say he was a backup is flat out retarded.

Originally posted by defenserules7:
Spot on...the truth hurts many and the truth is that we haven't had QBs. Trickett was a backup. He stunk it up after 7 games.

Your obsession with Crest is borderline creepy. I see now why you were banned from Monessen HS.

You could stuff Pat White and Joe Montana into one body, put him behind WVU's O-line and give him the current group of WRs, and RB and we wouldn't score much.

This fall, they'd better have a good defense, because I just don't see too many points coming from the offense. No way Crist or Howard will be able to generate even what they had last year.

Originally posted by defenserules7:

Look Master Classless...Trick was hurt badly after 7 games, so you should lay off...you're NO WVU fan...not by a long shot....

Originally posted by KeatonsCorner:
"If we cant find any receivers to catch it, what difference will it make?"

this same sentence was posted how many times in August 2014?
Prolly as many as 2013. How'd that work out? I didn't say we didn't have people who could step up I said IF they don't it wont make a difference which qb is under center!

1745785111.gif

I attended the practice and closely monitored several positions. Crest is physically the top QB and will develop a lot with reps and coaching. He really stood out when they scrimmaged with his running and passing. Kid is going to be a star QB here. I could easily see that despite the whole offense looking rusty being early in the spring. Crest had several nice passes dropped by WR and TE. He threw 2 TD passes though and looked like a legit rising star.

The other QBs don't have his upside or talent but Skyler Howard will make a great backup and also has ability to run and pass. We are in great shape at QB with Crest and Howard. The offense is behind defense right now but Crest and Howard are going to be good. Crest is the guy and will eventually start. The reps he is getting will help his talent take over.

So............it appears that defenserules7Boy is monitoring the football world and knows his business. My thanks go to defenserules7Boy. Warez

Warez, you looked good fielding punts and catching passes Saturday. I didn't know your last name was Crest. Are you the toothpaste heir?

I look at Crest and I see Jerry Porter... He's got the talent to play anywhere, QB, RB, WR, Returner, probably defense if we needed him to... I hope we find him a spot and let him stick there and not move him around every season like we did with Jerry, which I know was out of necessity. I may be biased because I know the guy, but if Rich had taken over a few years earlier, Jerry would probably have all of Pat's records at QB...

I look at Crest and I see Jerry Porter... He's got the talent to play anywhere, QB, RB, WR, Returner, probably defense if we needed him to... I hope we find him a spot and let him stick there and not move him around every season like we did with Jerry, which I know was out of necessity. I may be biased because I know the guy, but if Rich had taken over a few years earlier, Jerry would probably have all of Pat's records at QB...
Good comparison.....hope these coaches use him better than Don did. He could have been one of our most prolific receivers of all time.

Porter was a big target for Bulger. Remember the monster game he had against Mizzou in the bowl game??
He was a beast....and with Bulger as the trigger man....I imagine we would have seen several of those Mizzou type performances.....

Porter was a big target for Bulger. Remember the monster game he had against Mizzou in the bowl game??
I believe you meant to say the Carquest Bowl against Georgia Tech a year earlier, Seronimus. That was the game in which Porter had 2 receiving TDs, including a 74-yarder.

Jerry was back at DB for the 1998 season, which we ended against Missouri in Tucson. It was Foreman, Saunders, and Becht who compiled much of the yardage for Bulger in that game. Those late Nehlen years tend to blur together for many of us, though.

Start where? Wide receiver? Punt returner? Maybe some free safety? Crest is a good athlete no doubt. But is he really all that concerned about being the starting QB? If he was would he be playing evrey other position on the field except lineman? If memory serves correctly didn't he line up in the backfield on a play or two as well? Doesn't seem like someone who is focused on being the starting QB or bust. That's not a knock on Crest in any way. I'm just stating that maybe his priorities to be the starter this season aren't the same as a guy proclaiming he is the next Russell Wilson.

Start where? Wide receiver? Punt returner? Maybe some free safety? Crest is a good athlete no doubt. But is he really all that concerned about being the starting QB? If he was would he be playing evrey other position on the field except lineman? If memory serves correctly didn't he line up in the backfield on a play or two as well? Doesn't seem like someone who is focused on being the starting QB or bust. That's not a knock on Crest in any way. I'm just stating that maybe his priorities to be the starter this season aren't the same as a guy proclaiming he is the next Russell Wilson.

Just out of curiousity, who is claiming him to be the next Russell Wilson? If you are going off what WVUUSA5 is saying, then God have mercy on your soul.

I believe you meant to say the Carquest Bowl against Georgia Tech a year earlier, Seronimus. That was the game in which Porter had 2 receiving TDs, including a 74-yarder.

Jerry was back at DB for the 1998 season, which we ended against Missouri in Tucson. It was Foreman, Saunders, and Becht who compiled much of the yardage for Bulger in that game. Those late Nehlen years tend to blur together for many of us, though.

Damn it. Sorry, you're right. I'm getting too old :(

Lol at the shamed mod in Doctor Doom. He once said Geno would be the best qb in that draft class and would be the first qb taken. Utter failure.

Reactions: KingCoal
I attended the practice and closely monitored several positions. Crest is physically the top QB and will develop a lot with reps and coaching. He really stood out when they scrimmaged with his running and passing. Kid is going to be a star QB here. I could easily see that despite the whole offense looking rusty being early in the spring. Crest had several nice passes dropped by WR and TE. He threw 2 TD passes though and looked like a legit rising star.

The other QBs don't have his upside or talent but Skyler Howard will make a great backup and also has ability to run and pass. We are in great shape at QB with Crest and Howard. The offense is behind defense right now but Crest and Howard are going to be good. Crest is the guy and will eventually start. The reps he is getting will help his talent take over.

5 years ago I thought the same thing. Didn't work out that way, did it? College sports is SO unpredictable. Who KNEW Pat White would never lose a bowl game?

ADVERTISEMENT