ADVERTISEMENT

Country Roads Is NOT About West Virginia

Jack........you better go back to the map. The Blue Ridge Mountains start in Georgia and extend thru WV and on up to Pennsylvania. Yes, part of the Blue Ridge Mountain chain runs along the eastern border of WV with Virginia. And Yes, the Shenandoah River flows thru Harpers Ferry, WV. Almost Heaven -- West Virginia.............not Almost Heaven -- Virginia. Warez

No shit. And your point?

Please, everybody settle down. There was controversy about Country Roads over the weekend, as Iowa State sang it in their locker room after the game.

This led to folks correctly pointing out that the song was about Virginia and not West Virginia.

Similarly, Iowa State fans sang Sweet Caroline, which most likely has nothing to do with the state of Iowa.

Lot of controversy over post-game songs. That's all.

Jack........you better go back to the map. The Blue Ridge Mountains start in Georgia and extend thru WV and on up to Pennsylvania. Yes, part of the Blue Ridge Mountain chain runs along the eastern border of WV with Virginia. And Yes, the Shenandoah River flows thru Harpers Ferry, WV. Almost Heaven -- West Virginia.............not Almost Heaven -- Virginia. Warez

You are incorrect. The Blue Ridge Mountains do NOT run through any part of West Virginia.

See map here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Ridge_Mountains#/media/File:Appalachian_map.svg

Funny. A song lyric that says "West Virginia mountain mama" is not about West Virginia. Now you might say that Denver took poetic license and used Blue Ridge Mountains and Shenandoah River because they fit the rhyme and meter of the song, or you might speculate that John Denver didn't know much about geography but how dumb do you have to be to say the song is not about West Virginia?

BTW I can remove these accounts just as easily as all of the others. Only takes a second.

Really wish you would.

I have like 50 + usernames on ignore which is probably at most 2 or 3 people. Man these losers need to get a life.

And here's two, make that 3 more I'm adding to the ignore list in this thread alone.

Last edited:
The one looked like that Putin wussy?

Hey Vlad, you wanna wrestle? I once won money for lasting nearly a round with "Victor;The Rasslin' Bear". I sure as heck can whup a Moscow Midget. Boy, that bear had bad breath!

Truth be told, I haven't liked "Country Roads" since Denver released it.

Toots And The Maytals do a nice version, but I don't think our fans could get those Jamaican accents down?

I'm for belting out "The West Virginia Hills" at the top of our lungs while flinging rocks at the opposing teams. We've got plenty of shouters and plenty of rocks.

I think that John (or whoever else may have written the song) had toked a fair amount of hippie lettuce before creating the lyrics, and meant to sing "WESTERN" Virginia....
It was written about driving along clopper road near Maryland

You seem to be scared to death of the Woodshed ever since Saturday night...wonder why.

Thank you! Beat me to it!

Really wish you would.

I have like 50 + usernames on ignore which is probably at most 2 or 3 people. Man these losers need to get a life.

And here's two, make that 3 more I'm adding to the ignore list in this thread alone.

Well 25 of those 50 have been banned so technically you only have 25 blocked. But I see the troll adding new ones which will probably grow to 50 again.

Are you also saying that the Shenandoah River doesn't flow thru Harpers Ferry, WV? Are you also saying that WV is not the 'mountain mama' that John Denver sings of? If that's the case then.............Take me home ............... country roads. Warez

He said the Blue Ridge Mountains don’t run through WV. You said they do. I’m guessing you’re the idiot.

Reactions: Spookycat2002
Please, everybody settle down. There was controversy about Country Roads over the weekend, as Iowa State sang it in their locker room after the game.

This led to folks correctly pointing out that the song was about Virginia and not West Virginia.

Similarly, Iowa State fans sang Sweet Caroline, which most likely has nothing to do with the state of Iowa.

Lot of controversy over post-game songs. That's all.

I guess BJ stands for Blow Job. Get back to work!

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
You are incorrect. The Blue Ridge Mountains do NOT run through any part of West Virginia.

See map here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Ridge_Mountains#/media/File:Appalachian_map.svg

402px-Appalachian_map.svg.png

The song Take Me Home, Country Roads by John Denver along with the Shenandoah River as two staples of the area West Virginia.

The Blue Ridge Mountains are traditionally defined as the easternmost flank of the Appalachian Mountain chain, running roughly north-south from Pennsylvania to Georgia. ... Both the Shenandoah River and the Blue Ridge Mountains are part of West Virginia, and “Country Roads” has been adopted as West Virginia's state song.

The Blue Ridge Mountains are mountains that go across the eastern United States. They go through Georgia, North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, and West Virginia. Its highest point is Mount Mitchell in North Carolina.

402px-Appalachian_map.svg.png

The song Take Me Home, Country Roads by John Denver along with the Shenandoah River as two staples of the area West Virginia.

The Blue Ridge Mountains are traditionally defined as the easternmost flank of the Appalachian Mountain chain, running roughly north-south from Pennsylvania to Georgia. ... Both the Shenandoah River and the Blue Ridge Mountains are part of West Virginia, and “Country Roads” has been adopted as West Virginia's state song.

The Blue Ridge Mountains are mountains that go across the eastern United States. They go through Georgia, North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, and West Virginia. Its highest point is Mount Mitchell in North Carolina.

From the looks of that map it appears obvious the BRMs fall just south and west of WV. Being “part of” WV versus “in” WV appear to be different.

So ... there are no country roads that take you home to West Virginia that are actually IN West Virginia???

BTW I can remove these accounts just as easily as all of the others. Only takes a second.
Then why in the ____ hasn't this been done while the spam posters have ruined this board over the last year? I thought monitoring this place was "too much"?

Reactions: Norcalmounty
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT