ADVERTISEMENT

As if we needed more evidence that Trump is psycho.....

You said that it boggled your mind that he was in a dead heat with Jeb. Dog said that Hillary leading the DNC race was equally as mind boggling. I am not sure how he could have been more clear.
considering that everybody on the planet knew for over a year that she would lead....ummmm...mind boggling is a stretch. Meanwhile, Trump neck and neck with Jeb is mindboggling

considering that everybody on the planet knew for over a year that she would lead....ummmm...mind boggling is a stretch. Meanwhile, Trump neck and neck with Jeb is mindboggling
Hillary has a history in presidential politics. You may recall her last venture and the "obvious" tag.

The fact clowns on here corronated her for years makes it even more mind blowing.

My astoundment stems from the Dem electorate thinking she is a qualified candidate.

My astoundment stems from the Dem electorate thinking she is a qualified candidate.

That is yet to be determined since the voting hasn't even occurred yet. Anybody can say they are going to run, and poll numbers change over time.

It might just be wishful thinking on my part though ... she is utterly loathesome.

Is there some opinion to be shared? While we know you are another one of those who suck a the tweet of Gov't we understand that you fail to comprehend something like this. Trump was paid to lend his name to the property in the hopes it would boost attraction. This matters not to The Donald.

And you know he's declared bankruptcy four different times, right? Moron. Is lending your name to something that fails a good business move? LMAO.

And you know he's declared bankruptcy four different times, right? Moron. Is lending your name to something that fails a good business move? LMAO.

Name calling again? The guys a BILLIONAIRE and you question his business moves !!!! We know you are a crackerjack when it comes to grammar, but maybe you should have taken a few business courses along the way. Filing bankruptcy is sometimes smart business and it's legal. I'm the one LMAO.

What does declaring bankruptcy have to do with getting paid to use your name?
Pretty good country that allows one to fail 4 times, but allows him to reenter the business world and become successful enough to accumulate $8 billion while providing employment of thousands along the way.

Would be a damned shame to keep his mind from reentering the world economy. Some would say it is even better than drawing government checks.

You could have summed it up by simply saying you don't understand business. You don't need to type out a whole post proving it.

Reactions: dave
Filing bankruptcy is sometimes smart business and it's legal.

That's true, but it isn't honorable, and you don't know the impact it has on the people he doesn't have to pay back. I'll admit I don't know the details of his 4 bankruptcies so I don't know who was left holding the bag, but ultimately somebody else ends up paying for all of that. Not directly, but the big banks will make it up someplace.

Borrow $100M, build whatever business, pay yourself $2M-$3M to run it, declare bankruptcy and the assets are liquidated for $75M. Meanwhile you run off with $2M-$3M and leave the creditors with a $25M deficit they have to make up someplace. Maybe they write it off on taxes, so then all of us working class have to pay extra for the tax break they get for losing $25M.

But somebody getting $200/month for food stamps is a leach on society?

It's good for him ... but not anybody else.

Name calling again? The guys a BILLIONAIRE and you question his business moves !!!! We know you are a crackerjack when it comes to grammar, but maybe you should have taken a few business courses along the way. Filing bankruptcy is sometimes smart business and it's legal. I'm the one LMAO.
Mr. Grammar, it's "guy's". Typical hypocrite repub. And bankruptcy is quite a badge of honor....stiffing people who you owe money. Not surprised a jackass such as yourself is not offended by someone like Trump.

That's true, but it isn't honorable, and you don't know the impact it has on the people he doesn't have to pay back. I'll admit I don't know the details of his 4 bankruptcies so I don't know who was left holding the bag, but ultimately somebody else ends up paying for all of that. Not directly, but the big banks will make it up someplace.

Borrow $100M, build whatever business, pay yourself $2M-$3M to run it, declare bankruptcy and the assets are liquidated for $75M. Meanwhile you run off with $2M-$3M and leave the creditors with a $25M deficit they have to make up someplace. Maybe they write it off on taxes, so then all of us working class have to pay extra for the tax break they get for losing $25M.

But somebody getting $200/month for food stamps is a leach on society?

It's good for him ... but not anybody else.
Well said.

Well said.
Most of the successful people I know, who have made it big, have filed some form of bankruptcy on the way to the top. It is legal and it was made legal to give people like him who are willing to take a chance a second chance. In most case, those who took losses are willing to advance credit in the reorganization.

Not all debts are guaranteed out there in the real world. Most people in business make their bet and take their chance.

Most of the successful people I know, who have made it big, have filed some form of bankruptcy on the way to the top. It is legal and it was made legal to give people like him who are willing to take a chance a second chance. In most case, those who took losses are willing to advance credit in the reorganization.

Not all debts are guaranteed out there in the real world. Most people in business make their bet and take their chance.
Legal or not, where I come from, if you owe someone, you pay them back. Period. It's the right, moral thing to do. Not surprised a jackass, such as yourself, misses the big picture.

Mr. Grammar, it's "guy's". Typical hypocrite repub. And bankruptcy is quite a badge of honor....stiffing people who you owe money. Not surprised a jackass such as yourself is not offended by someone like Trump.

If you will check your posts, you were the one who got your panties all wadded up when I made some typos and grammatical mistakes when I first started posting. I actually was paying a compliment to Countryroads. I admire successful people like Trump. Sorry to see you revert back to your usual miserable self. You actually were doing good for a while.

Legal or not, where I come from, if you owe someone, you pay them back. Period. It's the right, moral thing to do. Not surprised a jackass, such as yourself, misses the big picture.
A little loose in the offering. What is the big picture that you refer to? The practice is a sound policy in the business community where people take chances. But, that is confirmation that you are a stupid bastard. You don't have to have any knowledge of the "big picture". Question, Have you ever written off a bad debt? I doubt that you can give a simple and honest answer.

A little loose in the offering. What is the big picture that you refer to? The practice is a sound policy in the business community where people take chances. But, that is confirmation that you are a stupid bastard. You don't have to have any knowledge of the "big picture". Question, Have you ever written off a bad debt? I doubt that you can give a simple and honest answer.
I've written off a lot of bad debt accrued by irresponsible and/or dishonest people who got away with stiffing me for what they owed me. And i won't do business with them again. To you, skipping out on a debt that is to be celebrated. Congratulations on a warped sense of right and wrong.

How do you reconcile your support for your party and specifically our President then? He is certainly accumulating debt in which we will never be able to pay back. More than all previous presidents combined.

How do you reconcile your support for your party and specifically our President then? He is certainly accumulating debt in which we will never be able to pay back. More than all previous presidents combined.
If there is a d beside his name he gets a pass.

So our govt is going bankrupt? News to the rest of us. Wonder how Wall Street will respond? Oh, that's right, the markets have more than doubled since the "bankrupter" took office. Nice try.

So our govt is going bankrupt? News to the rest of us. Wonder how Wall Street will respond? Oh, that's right, the markets have more than doubled since the "bankrupter" took office. Nice try.
My post was in reference to accruing debt that is expected to be paid back. There isn't currently a plan to have this debt situation resolved to my knowledge. I get that you are probably blind to it. I mean Moody's did in fact downgrade our status under him as well.

One thing I can say, is that at least the yearly deficit is a lot lower than it was. That's not good enough though.

He inherited a $1.3T deficit budget. You can't reverse that overnight. However, I find it inexcusable to not have a balanced budget after 6 years.

One thing I can say, is that at least the yearly deficit is a lot lower than it was. That's not good enough though.

He inherited a $1.3T deficit budget. You can't reverse that overnight. However, I find it inexcusable to not have a balanced budget after 6 years.
With what he inherited, a balanced budget would be damn near impossible especially considering the lack of cooperation he's had from the GOP and their avowed obstruction of anything which may paint BO in a favorable light. His budget for 2016 would put us on a path of a balanced budget in 2022. It is also evidenced by BO's $10 in spending cuts to every dollar in tax increase which the GOP rejected. He can't approve a budget on his own. And btw, the GOP's hero, Ronald Reagan, never submitted a balanced budget. The wingnuts hate when people remind of that fact.

With what he inherited, a balanced budget would be damn near impossible especially considering the lack of cooperation he's had from the GOP and their avowed obstruction of anything which may paint BO in a favorable light.

I simply said it was inexcusable to not have a balanced budget after 6 years. I didn't mean to imply it was all him, but I don't see how it's completely the GOPs fault either.

The president proposes a budget and congress has to approve it. To my knowledge, none of Obama's proposed budgets have been zero deficit. Part of that could be that he knew up front it would have no chance of approval.

They are all complicit as far as I'm concerned. There is no excuse for government shut downs and continuing resolutions and sequestrations.

Just do your damn jobs.

I simply said it was inexcusable to not have a balanced budget after 6 years. I didn't mean to imply it was all him, but I don't see how it's completely the GOPs fault either.

The president proposes a budget and congress has to approve it. To my knowledge, none of Obama's proposed budgets have been zero deficit. Part of that could be that he knew up front it would have no chance of approval.

They are all complicit as far as I'm concerned. There is no excuse for government shut downs and continuing resolutions and sequestrations.

Just do your damn jobs.

You and RPJ are talking reasonable with your opinions in this exchange which is a nice change from most of the crap that goes on by many on this board.

A balanced budget even after 6 years of this Administration and the dysfunctional Congress is impossible. Only way to get to a balanced budget is with additional revenue. And I would argue spending needs to also increase based on the needs of the country which makes it even tougher to get a "balanced budget". And with one party being so dysfunctional with their ideaological stance and their desire to play to the extremes of their party, there is no way without a major change in Congress to get the Revenue side of the equation to increase. So the best we can hope for at the moment under the current conditions is reduced deficits.

Reactions: countryroads89
You and RPJ are talking reasonable with your opinions in this exchange which is a nice change from most of the crap that goes on by many on this board.

I try to be reasonable and rational, but there are many that aren't and I get sucked into it. Gradually I've used the ignore feature for what I consider the worst offenders and the experience has gotten much better.

Ultimately it's my fault and nobody else's. Nobody makes me get sucked into it, it's still my choice, so by ignoring them I am basically removing myself from that situation. The fact that I have to use the ignore feature for anybody is really more of an indictment on myself than those I've ignored.

I've written off a lot of bad debt accrued by irresponsible and/or dishonest people who got away with stiffing me for what they owed me. And i won't do business with them again. To you, skipping out on a debt that is to be celebrated. Congratulations on a warped sense of right and wrong.
You failed to tell me what the "big picture" is that you refer to. Let me tell you - you don't know what the hell you are talking about and heard someone else use the term. You just copied someone else's buzz-word.

You wrote off a bill that someone owed you? That was a form of bankruptcy. You say you would NEVER DO Business with them again. I think you are lying again. Are you telling us that if some old black lady who couldn't pay you in the past brought in her pretty grand-daughter with a very painful tooth that you would not help her? Someone is in obvious pain and you would refuse to help her? I think you are lying again and have assisted someone who had "stiffed you".

Now, let's apply the same principle to The Donald. If he had filed bankruptcy in the past and you did NOT get all he owed you, you would not do business with him again, even though there are millions to be made from those and future contracts? You are lying, and I say it without reservation.

Now, let's apply the same principle to The Donald. If he had filed bankruptcy in the past and you did NOT get all he owed you, you would not do business with him again, even though there are millions to be made from those and future contracts?

To some (depending on the size of their business) that may not be possible because the bankruptcy crushed their business and they had to close their doors. The entities with the largest stakes get their money first, so the little guy gets screwed and may not be able to recover from it.

I don't know that this happened in any of Trumps 4 bankruptcies, but it happens in these cases.

I try to be reasonable and rational, but there are many that aren't and I get sucked into it. Gradually I've used the ignore feature for what I consider the worst offenders and the experience has gotten much better.

Ultimately it's my fault and nobody else's. Nobody makes me get sucked into it, it's still my choice, so by ignoring them I am basically removing myself from that situation. The fact that I have to use the ignore feature for anybody is really more of an indictment on myself than those I've ignored.

I hear you. I too get sucked in many times. Not as much now as I rarely post any longer.

My frustration is I preached and argued with many on this board in the early 2000's predicting these things would happen when everyone on the right was cheerleading Bush's tax cuts. I said then and it is as true today as it was then. Wrong cuts at the wrong time. And we have seen the results almost exactly as it was predicted with Bush's economic policies for the past 13 years play out. Until we change course, things such as a reduction of the debt will be near impossible. Having a balanced budget is indeed completely impossible. Having eroding infrastructure and other items that government has to invest into will continue to slide and without this investment, our economy will never be "robust". Best you can hope for is improved with a stagnant job growth and that is basically what has happened since the collapse in 2007-2008.

My frustration is I preached and argued with many on this board in the early 2000's predicting these things would happen when everyone on the right was cheerleading Bush's tax cuts. I said then and it is as true today as it was then. Wrong cuts at the wrong time.

I wasn't on this board at the time.

The tax cuts weren't the tea leaves for me. For me it was an article regarding the sub-prime mortgages, and then also watching what other people were doing. The article stated that around 45% of the new mortgages around the DC area, San Diego, and some other major areas were the sub-prime mortgages.

With all of the McMansions popping up all over, it was obvious that people were buying way out of their price range and wouldn't be able to pay when the balloon payments came due. With the market saturated with 45% of those types, it was clear there were going to be MAJOR defaults and it was going to hit the banks hard as well as everybody else.

The other thing happening with all of that is that housing prices were skyrocketing, so people were taking out home equity loans to buy boats and big SUVs and all kinds of things. They were banking on the equity in an asset HAD to plunge substantially when all the defaults started hitting, so lots were upside down.

It was a mess, and nobody was doing anything about it ... too busy making up false evidence to go to war with a country on false pretenses.

I wasn't on this board at the time.

The tax cuts weren't the tea leaves for me. For me it was an article regarding the sub-prime mortgages, and then also watching what other people were doing. The article stated that around 45% of the new mortgages around the DC area, San Diego, and some other major areas were the sub-prime mortgages.

With all of the McMansions popping up all over, it was obvious that people were buying way out of their price range and wouldn't be able to pay when the balloon payments came due. With the market saturated with 45% of those types, it was clear there were going to be MAJOR defaults and it was going to hit the banks hard as well as everybody else.

The other thing happening with all of that is that housing prices were skyrocketing, so people were taking out home equity loans to buy boats and big SUVs and all kinds of things. They were banking on the equity in an asset HAD to plunge substantially when all the defaults started hitting, so lots were upside down.

It was a mess, and nobody was doing anything about it ... too busy making up false evidence to go to war with a country on false pretenses.

I agree with everything you stated and in my viewpoint, history has proven out to be true.

The housing mess is part of the overall economic policies that have been in place for quite some time but it is separate to the tax cuts and the resulting behavior from those cuts. But the attitude since the 80's when Baby Boomers started to believe in excess and have a total disregard of how the economics work and are inter-related has led to the housing crash. It also did not help that Reagan, Bush, Clinton and Dubya Bush kept promoting wrong attitudes towards how home ownership should work because they all were interested in short term economic gains of consumer behavior spending too much too fast and increasing personal debt as it was political advantageous to do so. And the country suffered for those sins and we are still suffering along those lines.

Good discussing with you but I now have to sign off. Work is calling.

To some (depending on the size of their business) that may not be possible because the bankruptcy crushed their business and they had to close their doors. The entities with the largest stakes get their money first, so the little guy gets screwed and may not be able to recover from it.

I don't know that this happened in any of Trumps 4 bankruptcies, but it happens in these cases.
Not sure that is an accurate statement, but there is a pecking order established by law.

???? WTF? You obviously don't even understand what the hell you are saying. Please tell me you're not allowed to operate a motor vehicle.
It is easy to state that I(or anyone) don't understand, but it is not possible for you to accurately tell me what it is that I don't understand. If you have the mental capacity, please make the correction that you perceive to be needed to make my thought correct..

I hear you. I too get sucked in many times. Not as much now as I rarely post any longer.

My frustration is I preached and argued with many on this board in the early 2000's predicting these things would happen when everyone on the right was cheerleading Bush's tax cuts. I said then and it is as true today as it was then. Wrong cuts at the wrong time. And we have seen the results almost exactly as it was predicted with Bush's economic policies for the past 13 years play out. Until we change course, things such as a reduction of the debt will be near impossible. Having a balanced budget is indeed completely impossible. Having eroding infrastructure and other items that government has to invest into will continue to slide and without this investment, our economy will never be "robust". Best you can hope for is improved with a stagnant job growth and that is basically what has happened since the collapse in 2007-2008.
And then there is Kansas. The great Trickle down experiment by Sam Brownback and the GOP State government.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT