ADVERTISEMENT

A few quick thoughts

Vernon

The Legend
Staff
May 29, 2001
Beyond The Sun
wvsports.com
Going into yesterday's game I thought this team could win six games and had a shot at seven with some luck. That remains true in my mind. PSU is the best team WVU will play and the team did some good things against them at times.

WVU needs help at wide receiver and I think most of you realize I'm not much for making excuses over the last five years but I will say they worked really hard to get some quality receivers in the portal and simply struck out due to NIL deals. I'm not sure what the answer is there but there isn't a tremendous amount of talent in that room, at least not among the players that are ready to step up.

The defensive backs are still a concern. I didn't see the speed or athleticism you would want there but with several new faces, you may have guys out of place or not playing at full speed because they're afraid of making mistakes.

The offensive line got a good push up front but again struggled in the pass protection. PSU is loaded on the defensive line and that certainly contributed to the struggles.

Nicco not getting many snaps will not go over well. I'm not suggesting he's going to leave but if that doesn't change I would be looking to the portal for QBs next year. Well honestly, I would anyway.

I love Donaldon's potential but he's still learning. He'll learn more patience, like not running into his own linemen so often and waiting for the holes to develop. He's the perfect back to have along with others who can offer more speed and are more shifty.

I haven't been as high on Greene as many of but I still came away a little disappointed. It's tough to judge him when he's often running for his life and without great receivers. He missed some guys that were open and his arm just isn't what many of you want to believe.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News