ADVERTISEMENT

You poor poor doubters

VaultHunter

All-Conference
Gold Member
Apr 16, 2014
I feel for you I really do its gonna be a long time before you can come here and bash Dana.

I guess Dana has figured out you must play defense. Remember he is the one who said we were going to de-emphasize defense but he does seem to have figured this out a little. also, keep an I out for the late season melt down. I do see improved play. Good News! Bottom line: the running game and defense is better and that only comes from physical practice time. This is a real growth for a coach that never wanted to hit in practice.

Last edited:
Maybe a bit premature, but I understand the OP's enthusiasm because I am infected with the same emotions. But WVU had completed the EASIEST part of its schedule.
The October Octopus Onslaught is ahead: At Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, at Baylor, at TCU.
That may be the toughest October schedule in America.
If WVU is 7-0, then WVU fans can become as arrogant as Ohio State and Notre Dame fans without fear of having egg on their faces.
I can't wait! I like this team much better than I did before the season started.
But we've had fast starts before, then collapsed, often because of key injuries. That could be the trap again this season. But I have far more hope. But it's too early for arrogant and "I told you do."

It was only Georgia Southern, Liberty and Maryland (which lost by 21 to Bowling Green, by the way).

But it sure feels good. Particularly the defense that is yielding only 7.7 points per game, with ONE touchdown when the starters were all in the game. I guess the 3-3-5 still works pretty well, whether it's Casteel or Gibson. Don't blame Casteel for the Arizona loss. The Wildcats offense turned the ball over INSIDE THEIR OWN RED ZONE three times for 3 easy UCLA touchdowns early in the game.

M ighty defense throttled Georgia Southern, 44-0

O utstanding defense obliterated Liberty, 41-17

U nilaterally decimated Maryland, 45-6, on defense and offense

N euter Oklahoma

T rample Oklahoma State

A nnihilate Baylor

I ncinerate TCU

N ail Texas Tech

E rectile dysfunction Texas

E viscerate Kansas

R ip open a new one for Iowa State

S kewer Kansas State

I guess Dana has figured out you must play defense. Remember he is the one who said we were going to de-emphasize defense but he does seem to have figured this out a little. also, keep an I out for the late season melt down. I do see improved play. Good News! Bottom line: the running game and defense is better and that only comes from physical practice time. This is a real growth for a coach that never wanted to hit in practice.

he never once said that - just sour grapes from the previous defensive staff

he did not like full hitting in practice and he has corrected that approach

get your story straight and don't worry, with our schedule, you will get an opportunity to show up and bash

he never once said that - just sour grapes from the previous defensive staff

he did not like full hitting in practice and he has corrected that approach

get your story straight and don't worry, with our schedule, you will get an opportunity to show up and bash
And to be fair his 1st few years we did not have depth and could not afford to lose players

I dont care who the coach is, just win. That said, Dana has only proven that we can handle overmatched opponents. This is a litmus test this week, if we win were in business.

We may not go undefeated. But this team will not wilt during the last 1/3 of the season unless there are numerous significant injuries. We need, of course, Sky to stay healthy. We have too many leaders who understand what the B12 is like. They won't wilt.

I really like this team's chance to go 6-0. And I like our chances against TCU/Baylor. But there are other sharks in the water too. Let's say we are 7-1 after October.

Texas is a struggling team. But it is loaded with talent and we play them just about the time struggling teams start getting their act together. We won't wilt. But we'll stumble against someone(s)

I think we should expect this team to finish 10-2. 9-3 wouldn't be a disaster. And if the ball bounces our way a few times in key situations we very well could end up 11-1 or even 12-0.

I think that after October West Virginia and Play-off will sometimes be mentioned in the same sentence. I just think this team has the pieces in place to win the close games that it lost last year.

But Saturday's game could very well prove to be the game that determines the conference championship. It would be the tie-breaker between OU and us if bothlead the conference with identical won/loss records.

I dont care who the coach is, just win. That said, Dana has only proven that we can handle overmatched opponents. This is a litmus test this week, if we win were in business.

This is complete nonsense. Was Baylor an over-matched opponent last year? What about Oklahoma St. the year before?

The fact is that we lost some close games to some very good teams last year. Lack of depth has caught up with our team later in the season too. But while there have been some disappointing performances Dana has proven the he and his staff can prepare their team for some pretty big games.

Your statement that, "Dana has ONLY proven that we can handle overmatched opponents," should be retracted by you. It's just very wrong.

This is complete nonsense. Was Baylor an over-matched opponent last year? What about Oklahoma St. the year before?

The fact is that we lost some close games to some very good teams last year. Lack of depth has caught up with our team later in the season too. But while there have been some disappointing performances Dana has proven the he and his staff can prepare their team for some pretty big games.

Your statement that, "Dana has ONLY proven that we can handle overmatched opponents," should be retracted by you. It's just very wrong.

I meant for this year

Keaton he said it at a presser...lol

Also told you Westco was a stud three years ago when you said he would never get a WVU you offer...lol

Keaton he said it at a presser...lol

Also told you Westco was a stud three years ago when you said he would never get a WVU you offer...lol

I wasn't on this board 3 years ago, you old bag........................... I created an account and let it sit dormant until 2014

How's that Marshall TE doing in the NFL now? All them scouts still up at UMASS watching Fronogpheifsldskcl wing it? Why is Christian Johnson trying to change positions to DB in order to score a WVU offer? What about all that great talent that Doc was scooping up by going county to county in WV?

There's a reason you disappeared for most of 2015............... you've been owned from day 1

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT