ADVERTISEMENT

You all quit bad mouthing Miles McBride

Best player on the team, easily.

How's that for analysis, Hick?

The funny thing is he is our best shooter on the team. He can't run a lick of offense though. He touches and shoots..never passes.

The funny thing is he is our best shooter on the team. He can't run a lick of offense though. He touches and shoots..never passes.
I think it's time for Huggs to start McBride at point and see what happens. We need a confident scorer if we are going to go deep in the tournament. The last 3rd of last season I was impressed by McCabe, but he's just too cold on offense, as is most of the team. I still think Huggs should have let McCabe play through his mistakes and let him build confidence and consistency, but at this point we need a confident scorer. Maybe coming off the bench will light a fire under McCabe and create a nice one two punch at point.

I do think that McBride is generally inferior in assisting other players as a true point. His assists come from his high energy and chaos that he creates. McCabe when he is on and focused can find guys open for shots. Matthews and Harley I feel really excelled last year with McCabe feeding them and both are now cold offensively. Regardless we have a very good team, but Huggs still has to pull a few strings to make this a great team.

If you had a team that shot with the inefficiency of West Virginia,
why would you pass the ball?

The modern point guard is about winning.

Why would any true Mountaineer fan bad-mouth ANY player on this team? Huggins Heroes are the youngest team in the Big 12 yet they are the #1 defense in the country, holding opponents 10 to 20 points below their season scoring averages. What's not to LOVE about this team? Unless you're a miserable jerk applying for the Grinch job!

I think it's time for Huggs to start McBride at point and see what happens. We need a confident scorer if we are going to go deep in the tournament. The last 3rd of last season I was impressed by McCabe, but he's just too cold on offense, as is most of the team. I still think Huggs should have let McCabe play through his mistakes and let him build confidence and consistency, but at this point we need a confident scorer. Maybe coming off the bench will light a fire under McCabe and create a nice one two punch at point.

I do think that McBride is generally inferior in assisting other players as a true point. His assists come from his high energy and chaos that he creates. McCabe when he is on and focused can find guys open for shots. Matthews and Harley I feel really excelled last year with McCabe feeding them and both are now cold offensively. Regardless we have a very good team, but Huggs still has to pull a few strings to make this a great team.

Well said.

I guess my thoughts about playing time, is why punish a player because they are young.

On the other side, it forces the older players to be ready. With that, the roster is "deep".

But McBride is a starter of sorts, not just because of the Texas Tech game, yesterday.

McBride would triple his mistakes if he started. He's a spark coming off the bench. You need scorers to come off bench. So this way you don't miss a beat when you bring in 2 or 3 more guys.

The best thing this team is doing, which they haven't in many years, is deny the drive to the basket and a kick out. WVU has stopped the drive to the basket and has stopped teams from the 3.

Reactions: BarbieQdCouch
Every player on every team has a role that most benefits the team. Huggins is a master psychologist who has taken the YOUNGEST team in the Big 12 and turned it into the #1 defense in the nation and an awesome rebounding team by running 10 to 12 players out there every game. Floor shooting and free throw shooting need more work. But, again, this is the YOUNGEST team in the Big 12. It should do better and better from game to game, but it WILL be inconsistent because it is the YOUNGEST team in the Big 12. When 2 freshmen and 2 sophomores provide 46 points and 28 rebounds against Texas Tech, that is almost a miracle. Is there ANY coach in the country who has done this, other than Bob and his Huggins Heroes? Hell no! It's time to give thumbs-up and stop the middle-finger if you're a Mountaineer fan! Enjoy the goddamn ride! This is the most exciting WVU basketball team of the decade, even moreso than the great Beilein teams! Stop nit-picking. Get behind them and be grateful that this YOUNG team has lost only twice so far! Now I'll have to re-set my Pacemaker because of silly and idiotic posts!

Last edited:
Can we wait till March
to see if anyone or anything
is masterful at anything.

We've been through this drill many times.

Nothing wrong with celebrating
January but it's January.

Last edited:
Lmao man I needed a good laugh. Dribbles with one hand only, worse on the ball defender on the team, a turnover machine although the player he attempts to pass to always seems to get credit for the turnovers, take a way 3 games he shoots 26 percent the other 12. Yeah hes so much better than oscar and Culver, probably why they wont even high five him because they're so sick of saving his ass on defense. Hes a ball hog, and a peckerhead. If hes the best player on any team, you're not ranked 12th, you're trying to win your first game.

How's that for real analysis, hick. Stupid piece of garbage

Lmao man I needed a good laugh. Dribbles with one hand only, worse on the ball defender on the team, a turnover machine although the player he attempts to pass to always seems to get credit for the turnovers, take a way 3 games he shoots 26 percent the other 12. Yeah hes so much better than oscar and Culver, probably why they wont even high five him because they're so sick of saving his ass on defense. Hes a ball hog, and a peckerhead. If hes the best player on any team, you're not ranked 12th, you're trying to win your first game.

On a team that "can't buy a bucket"
There only on player ,
One perimeter player that is productive.
(For now, anyway but Knapper looks better.)

Better hope for steals and blocks.

Dribbling with one hand,
I guess he should stay on bench.

Catch and shoot;
you don't have to dribble when
you catch and shoot.

Analysis

Last edited:
Thank the good Lord mofo is our coach. Where would WVU be without him.

Oh wait a minute, that's right without him we're 13-2.

Thank the good Lord mofo is our coach. Where would WVU be without him.

Oh wait a minute, that's right without him we're 13-2.

Think we ought to wrap each other
in a blanket and give each other "a group hug".

I'm looking for "warm and fuzzy",
and I just can't get it

Last edited:
Reactions: express
Ps....I think Sean McNeil, Taz Sherman and Knapper deserves more playing time.

All we want,
is "total world domination".

Last edited:

I trust that Higgs knows what he’s doing. McBride may have surprised a team or two early in, but they are well-aware now of his shooting abilities and his areas that require improvement. I like having him on the bench at this point

McBride would triple his mistakes if he started. He's a spark coming off the bench. You need scorers to come off bench. So this way you don't miss a beat when you bring in 2 or 3 more guys.

The best thing this team is doing, which they haven't in many years, is deny the drive to the basket and a kick out. WVU has stopped the drive to the basket and has stopped teams from the 3.
This!

you have gone full retard. congrats

Who is willing to bet the house that TCU, in first place in the Big 12 with a 3-0 record, will match its season scoring average of 71.7 points tonight against Huggins Heroes Pitbull Defense? The same TCU that has defeated the 3 bottom teams in the Big 12 standings. Let the massacre begin!!! God, I LOVE this team. It's a thumbs-up season that will only get better for the youngest team in the Big 12 and the #1 defense in the country.

Last edited:
Who is willing to bet the house that TCU, in first place in the Big 12 with a 3-0 record, will match its season scoring average of 71.7 points tonight against Huggins Heroes Pitbull Defense? The same TCU has defeated the 3 bottom teams in the Big 12 standings. Let the massacre begin!!! God, I LOVE this team. It's a thumbs-up season that will only get better for the youngest team in the Big 12 and the #1 defense in the country.

Who is willing to bet the house that TCU, in first place in the Big 12 with a 3-0 record, will match its season scoring average of 71.7 points tonight against Huggins Heroes Pitbull Defense? The same TCU that has defeated the 3 bottom teams in the Big 12 standings. Let the massacre begin!!! God, I LOVE this team. It's a thumbs-up season that will only get better for the youngest team in the Big 12 and the #1 defense in the country.

TCU is a paper tiger.

Power OOC..........
Southwestern (7-9) - W
Louisiana (7-11) - W
Air Force (8-9) - W
UCI (9-8)- W
Clemson (8-7) - L
Wyoming (5-13) - W
Illinois State (6-10) - W
USC (13-3) - L
Winthorp (10-7) - W
Lamar (9-8) - W
Xavier (12-5) - L
George Mason (12-4) - W

Best win is George Mason
Worst loss is Clemson

Conference
ISU (8-7)
OSU (9-6)
KSU (7-8)

Sure don't sleep on them. But should win this game by 15+

I doubt TCU gets 71...

If TCU gets 71,
West Virginia loses big.
giphy.gif

Hope no one bet the house on TCU to win, or even for WVU to win but taking 30 points for TCU. Not enough! What a tremendous beatdown. Horny Frogs looked like flies swirling down a bathroom commode. Huggins Heroes Pitbull Defense forces opponents to take so long from throw-in to setting up for a shot that foes often have to just fling and pray because the shot clock is running out. I love it!

Next victim?

Think we ought to wrap each other
in a blanket and give each other "a group hug".

I'm looking for "warm and fuzzy",
and I just can't get it

Haaaa....

Takes a while to set in, I guess.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT