ADVERTISEMENT

WVSPORTS.COM Yormark discusses expansion, television deal

“It’s not about chasing a number it’s all about creating value for membership,” he said. ~ Yormark

Meaning he failed to expand with the PAC teams. Spin.
At this point, who knows. I would think the Pac12 and Big 12 are more likely to lose more teams than either conference poaching the other. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if 4-5 programs leave both conferences and the Pac12 and Big12 merge out of necessity. Which in my opinion is more likely in the future

At this moment, where would the best schools be for expansion, the 4 mentioned from the PAC 12 or adding Pitt, NCState, Virginia Tech, Louisville or Miami? Going further west to pick schools or 25% of the conference that no one will watch on the east coast or schools on the east coast. The next expansion will come when the ACC is poached by the SEC and B1G.

At this point, who knows. I would think the Pac12 and Big 12 are more likely to lose more teams than either conference poaching the other. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if 4-5 programs leave both conferences and the Pac12 and Big12 merge out of necessity. Which in my opinion is more likely in the future
Only way teams are leaving Big 12 is if the SEC and BIG 10 decide they want 24 members. Which isn't likely.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT