ADVERTISEMENT

Yikes -- Silence at Baylor

Vernon

The Legend
Staff
May 29, 2001
Beyond The Sun
wvsports.com
Interesting. Cat is out of the bag...we'll see what happens next. Isn't Baylor a Baptist school? Don't they proudly present that? Didn't they have some basketball program problems that were fairly widespread and not consistent with a Baptist institution? It's a good place to hide until you get outed...I suppose.

Silence at Baylor
A much-talked-about football player at Baylor University—whom coaches “expect back” this fall—is currently on trial for the sexual assault of a fellow student. Questions now swirl around what the program knew and when they knew it.
August 20, 2015By Jessica Luther and Dan Solomon

- See more at: http://www.texasmonthly.com/article/silence-at-baylor/#sthash.ki6r9HC7.dpuf

Gotta believe he will lose his job. He lied about what he knew regarding the player. Ex Boise coach said he spoke to Briles and told him everything about the kid.

The only question is will Briles be canned or not for covering this one up.

As a father of three daughters, I would be contacting some of the ex-cons I grew up with about this young man getting a proper greeting when he reaches prison. A couple of hundred bucks in commissary cash could finance a real debutante's ball for this kid his first week in jail.

Last edited:
Gotta believe he will lose his job. He lied about what he knew regarding the player. Ex Boise coach said he spoke to Briles and told him everything about the kid.

I doubt if they go that far. Patterson has never had any NCAA problems that I know of, and he's far too good of a coach. Now, he's saying that Peterson did NOT tell him anything about the young man's violence towards women. So, we'll see how it all turns out.

OK ... Boise coach first contacts Briles about possible transfer. Hmmmmm?

And ..... (I quote)
Baylor officials released a copy of its transfer information request Friday, which was completed by Boise State director of compliance Jenny Bellomy. On the form, Bellomy indicated that Ukwauachu hadn't been "suspended or disqualified" from Boise State because of disciplinary issues and indicated he would have been eligible to return to the Broncos.
http://espn.go.com/college-football...rs-coach-art-briles-sam-ukwuachu-violent-past

I kind of believe Briles in this situation. But I still find it amazing that no one (no one?) at Baylor did further research into this guy's background.

OK ... Boise coach first contacts Briles about possible transfer. Hmmmmm?

And ..... (I quote)
Baylor officials released a copy of its transfer information request Friday, which was completed by Boise State director of compliance Jenny Bellomy. On the form, Bellomy indicated that Ukwauachu hadn't been "suspended or disqualified" from Boise State because of disciplinary issues and indicated he would have been eligible to return to the Broncos.
http://espn.go.com/college-football...rs-coach-art-briles-sam-ukwuachu-violent-past

I kind of believe Briles in this situation. But I still find it amazing that no one (no one?) at Baylor did further research into this guy's background.

And there's the rub. Are they required too?

You can't put the decision to perform quality diligence on the coach, because that's a conflict. It really needs be with the NCAA and university compliance departments.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT