ADVERTISEMENT

Yet another loss in portal.

Wow!!! If Brown loses this team and guys head for the exit his time might be coming to an end. Crazy how Holgy is having a great year while WVU shits the bed. Wonder if the fanboys here miss Holgy yet.

Reactions: KingCoal
Wow!!! If Brown loses this team and guys head for the exit his time might be coming to an end. Crazy how Holgy is having a great year while WVU shits the bed. Wonder if the fanboys here miss Holgy yet.
Go blow Holgy you inbred yinzer.

GFY.

I disliked Dana for the same reasons I dislike Brown, neither of them fit at WVU or can coach at this level. I said before Dana left he would likely be successful at the next level down and he has been. But, with Houston moving up, his world is going to be harsh again and he will be moving from Houston. It is his ceiling, Brown has the same ceiling.

I have serious issue with Brown on other levels beyond his coaching and even if could coach well for WVU I would not want him here. But, on the coaching level alone, this is too big a stage for him. He needs to drop down to find his niche.

I disliked Dana for the same reasons I dislike Brown, neither of them fit at WVU or can coach at this level. I said before Dana left he would likely be successful at the next level down and he has been. But, with Houston moving up, his world is going to be harsh again and he will be moving from Houston. It is his ceiling, Brown has the same ceiling.

I have serious issue with Brown on other levels beyond his coaching and even if could coach well for WVU I would not want him here. But, on the coaching level alone, this is too big a stage for him. He needs to drop down to find his niche.
Good post.

Slopping up another thread. You are the worst non content troll on the internet. There’s no question in my mind you’re a miserable person that has anger management issues. No idea why the guys don’t ban you. LMAO... 😂
Should I knock you or your twat cousin Elmo out first?

Ban me? This is the free board assclown....

LMAO

Now GFY.

Wtf. James Thomas three star redshirt freshman had left team. In portal. Can't keep them down on the farm with Kneel.
Don’t understand this one from a depth perspective. Even adding 2 LBs from the portal, we are still thin on depth at that position. Have to wonder if he was homesick or didn’t like our scheme. Anyway, with 7 added schollys to use year over year, if they want to move on, its not too hard to find the door.

Transfering of LB's in a freshman year doesn't make sense unless the player simply does not like the program. LB's need time to bulk up. Very few come in NFL ready. Certainly don't want tons of reps on their bodies either.

Last edited:
Transfering of LB's in a freshman year doesn't make sense unless the player simply does not like the program. LB's need time to bulk up. Very few come in NFL ready. Certainly don't want twins of teps on their bodies either.
They cry because they don't get to play. Don't need players that are crying little bitches because they don't get to play. You want to play earn it. Good luck finding someone to pick you up.

Transfering of LB's in a freshman year doesn't make sense unless the player simply does not like the program. LB's need time to bulk up. Very few come in NFL ready. Certainly don't want twins of teps on their bodies either.
To me it seems more simple than that— some kids are convinced they are the crem-d-la-crem of college football. They enter school vonvinced they will start, earn AA honors, be the stats leader of the team, etc. Then the reality that they are not even in the 3 deep at their position with PT not going to happen. So, the natural response results—blame the coaches for being too dumb to utilize the enormous talent. Somd even get a vocal cheering section of know it all fans who stir the same fictions pot . Only real possibility is to move somewhere his talent will be noted and the rewards will follow. Too much super hype, exaggerated ego, elevated immaturity, etc. lead to the rapid departures and, quite often, a repeat of the deflation.

Reactions: lenny4wvu
They cry because they don't get to play. Don't need players that are crying little bitches because they don't get to play. You want to play earn it. Good luck finding someone to pick you up.
Yes, I know why. They are being mislead. Majority need time.

To me it seems more simple than that— some kids are convinced they are the crem-d-la-crem of college football. They enter school vonvinced they will start, earn AA honors, be the stats leader of the team, etc. Then the reality that they are not even in the 3 deep at their position with PT not going to happen. So, the natural response results—blame the coaches for being too dumb to utilize the enormous talent. Somd even get a vocal cheering section of know it all fans who stir the same fictions pot . Only real possibility is to move somewhere his talent will be noted and the rewards will follow. Too much super hype, exaggerated ego, elevated immaturity, etc. lead to the rapid departures and, quite often, a repeat of the deflation.
Absolutely. The NIL's will amplify this as well.

These kids need improved leadership starting during HS. If NFL is their goal (surely it is), spending a few years growing and learning fundamentals is key. With an exception or two on physical freaks.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Yes, I know why. They are being mislead. Majority need time.
Disagree. They are spoiled brats that think they could star at Alabama. Starting this portal is the death of college football and NIL is the casket. The final nail will be when 32 franchise blue bloods money making teams will split from NCAA and form the college semi pro league.

From just the power five schools there are still, to this day, 63 players who are not committed to a current football team. Nine of those are from the Big 12, 14 from the Big 10, 22 from the PAC-12, 13 from the SEC and five from the ACC.

There was also a surprising trend amongst these players who have yet to commit to another team. Of the 63 players, 40 were ranked as 3-star athletes coming out of high school. There were also four players who were ranked as 4-stars who entered their name into the portal in 2019 and have yet to commit to another team.

Transfer portal looks and seems really nice for a player who is looking for a change in scenery, it also could mean the end of a player’s college football career at the top level.

This was just from 2019. The study I am sure is even higher number of transfers and even less finding a team.

Reactions: Euell

I don't get the "fit". What makes a coach fit at WVU? Does he have to be Don Nehlen or be from WV to be embraced at WVU?

According to Keith Grabowski, host of The Coach & Coordinator podcast, an astounding 72% of the players in the 2021 transfer portal do not have a home. Out of 1,074 players in the portal, just 299 (28%) have a school to attend on scholarship in 2021. According to 247’s unofficial transfer portal tracker — since the NCAA doesn’t allow us to see the actual portal — there are currently 126 quarterbacks in the 2021 transfer portal.

Add in a 25-man signing limit for NCAA member schools, and you have limited spaces available for transferring players.

“As of [late January], only 964 of the 1,500 FBS players in the portal garnered a recruiting ranking from 247Sports (a vast majority of the other 500 are walk-ons),” SI’s Ross Dellenger notes.

What happens to a majority of the players who do find a school? Most drop down a level. “Of the 299 Power Five players who have committed to a new school, 60% took a step down in level, their next destination a Group of Five or FCS school,” Dellenger writes.

“I do think there are a lot of guys who’ll end up holding the bag without a place to go,” said Rivals.com Southeast recruiting analyst Woody Wommack told Yahoo!. “You have the class of 2021 signing, the most transfers ever and a senior class that isn’t going anywhere. That’s made it really cloudy.”

Reactions: Euell
I don't get the "fit". What makes a coach fit at WVU? Does he have to be Don Nehlen or be from WV to be embraced at WVU?
I don't understand the fit thing either. You can either coach or not coach. So far Neal has a failing grade. IMO

Reactions: Rootmaster
Wtf. James Thomas three star redshirt freshman had left team. In portal. Can't keep them down on the farm with Kneel.

If guys see a lack of playing time ahead of them they transfer if they don't want to work harder and get better. If they see playing time they'll stay. WVU isn't any different than other schools. This is the nature of college football. We picked up Lb's in the transfer portal too. RELAX.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Disagree. They are spoiled brats that think they could star at Alabama. Starting this portal is the death of college football and NIL is the casket. The final nail will be when 32 franchise blue bloods money making teams will split from NCAA and form the college semi pro league.

From just the power five schools there are still, to this day, 63 players who are not committed to a current football team. Nine of those are from the Big 12, 14 from the Big 10, 22 from the PAC-12, 13 from the SEC and five from the ACC.

There was also a surprising trend amongst these players who have yet to commit to another team. Of the 63 players, 40 were ranked as 3-star athletes coming out of high school. There were also four players who were ranked as 4-stars who entered their name into the portal in 2019 and have yet to commit to another team.

Transfer portal looks and seems really nice for a player who is looking for a change in scenery, it also could mean the end of a player’s college football career at the top level.

This was just from 2019. The study I am sure is even higher number of transfers and even less finding a team.
It's their faults that grown ass adults teach them to be spoiled and get away with so much? Yes, they are responsible but grown ass adults have built and continue to further the system.

You can not just blame an 18 or 19 year old for it all.

You read your post and think "WTF is this guy on"?

Dana Holgorsen won more games than EVERY coach EVER at WVU except Don Nehlen who was at WVU quite a bit longer. And DH won those games against the toughest schedules ever faced by WVU and he had to coach them through the updated BE to the BIG 12 as well.

His last 5 years he averaged 8 wins per season for WVU, last 4 8.25 wins per year. WVUs historical average was 7 wins per year and very few coaches surpassed that average.

Meanwhile Neal Brown is winning 5 games per year at WVU except for the anomaly 2020 season with a gifted bowl game eked over a G5 program due to not playing several teams on the schedule that would likely have ended that possibility.

The two coaches are nothing alike whatsoever. https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/west-virginia/coaches.html

Rk Coach From To Yrs G W
1 Don Nehlen
1980​
2000​
21​
246​
149​
2 Dana Holgorsen
2011​
2018​
8​
102​
61​
3 Rich Rodriguez
2001​
2007​
7​
86​
60​
4 Art Lewis
1950​
1959​
10​
98​
58​
5 Rat Rogers
1925​
1945​
9​
83​
44​
6 Bobby Bowden
1970​
1975​
6​
68​
42​
7 Clarence Spears
1921​
1924​
4​
38​
30​
8 Gene Corum
1960​
1965​
6​
61​
29​
9 Bill Stewart
2007​
2010​
4​
40​
28​
10 Jim Carlen
1966​
1969​
4​
41​
25​
11 Mont McIntire
1916​
1920​
4​
39​
24​
12 Bill Kern
1940​
1947​
5​
48​
24​
13 Frank Cignetti
1976​
1979​
4​
44​
17​
14 Trusty Tallman
1934​
1936​
3​
29​
15​
15 Marshall Glenn
1937​
1939​
3​
29​
14​
16 Dudley DeGroot
1948​
1949​
2​
23​
13​
17 Neal Brown
2019​
2021​
3​
28​
13​
18 Greasy Neale
1931​
1933​
3​
31​
12​
19 Sol Metzger
1914​
1915​
2​
16​
10​
20 C.A. Lueder
1909​
1909​
1​
9​
4​
21 Edwin Sweetland
1913​
1913​
1​
9​
3​

You read your post and think "WTF is this guy on"?

Dana Holgorsen won more games than EVERY coach EVER at WVU except Don Nehlen who was at WVU quite a bit longer. And DH won those games against the toughest schedules ever faced by WVU and he had to coach them through the updated BE to the BIG 12 as well.

His last 5 years he averaged 8 wins per season for WVU, last 4 8.25 wins per year. WVUs historical average was 7 wins per year and very few coaches surpassed that average.

Meanwhile Neal Brown is winning 5 games per year at WVU except for the anomaly 2020 season with a gifted bowl game eked over a G5 program due to not playing several teams on the schedule that would likely have ended that possibility.

The two coaches are nothing alike whatsoever. https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/west-virginia/coaches.html

Rk Coach From To Yrs G W
1 Don Nehlen
1980​

2000​

21​

246​

149​
2 Dana Holgorsen
2011​

2018​

8​

102​

61​
3 Rich Rodriguez
2001​

2007​

7​

86​

60​
4 Art Lewis
1950​

1959​

10​

98​

58​
5 Rat Rogers
1925​

1945​

9​

83​

44​
6 Bobby Bowden
1970​

1975​

6​

68​

42​
7 Clarence Spears
1921​

1924​

4​

38​

30​
8 Gene Corum
1960​

1965​

6​

61​

29​
9 Bill Stewart
2007​

2010​

4​

40​

28​
10 Jim Carlen
1966​

1969​

4​

41​

25​
11 Mont McIntire
1916​

1920​

4​

39​

24​
12 Bill Kern
1940​

1947​

5​

48​

24​
13 Frank Cignetti
1976​

1979​

4​

44​

17​
14 Trusty Tallman
1934​

1936​

3​

29​

15​
15 Marshall Glenn
1937​

1939​

3​

29​

14​
16 Dudley DeGroot
1948​

1949​

2​

23​

13​
17 Neal Brown
2019​

2021​

3​

28​

13​
18 Greasy Neale
1931​

1933​

3​

31​

12​
19 Sol Metzger
1914​

1915​

2​

16​

10​
20 C.A. Lueder
1909​

1909​

1​

9​

4​
21 Edwin Sweetland
1913​

1913​

1​

9​

3​
I see you forgot to list were Dana has the 2nd most losses as well. Run along and hit the portal yourself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT