ADVERTISEMENT

Yet another Brown loss to the transfer portal

Buckaineer

All-Conference
Sep 3, 2001
The list just keeps growing--this time a four star Holgorsen recruit at safety--Kwantel Raines.

West Virginia safety Kwantel Raines enters transfer portal

Raines was a four-star recruit in West Virginia’s Class of 2018. The western Pennsylvania native chose West Virginia under former head coach Dana Holgorsen over Pitt and a handful of offers from some other power conference programs such as Florida and Penn State.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcspor...safety-kwantel-raines-enters-transfer-portal/

Jack Allison was also a 4 star Holgorsen recruit...
9470222.gif

Who is next?

Bucky. Tennessee fans entered the transfer portal but I guess no one wanted them.
Might have better luck

2018 Houston 8-3 at this point loaded offense all back for this year

2019 with Dana 4-7 225th pass offense. Yep, 225th

It's no different than if Ohio $tate had a makeover and their players couldnt get paid anymore, they would have a mass exodus toos like Dana's guys have to go to class and not be jackasses

Reactions: Euell
2018 Houston 8-3 at this point loaded offense all back for this year

2019 with Dana 4-7 225th pass offense. Yep, 225th

It's no different than if Ohio $tate had a makeover and their players couldnt get paid anymore, they would have a mass exodus toos like Dana's guys have to go to class and not be jackasses
Your insane jealousy of Ohio State has reared its ugly head again...perhaps tonight's No. 1 CFP ranking has your panties in a bunch?

Allison, also chased off by Brown, was a transfer, not a recruit.

And not a good one, thus being chased off.

Raines is a tweener. Good high school player, but not big enough for a linebacker role or quick enough to play safety. He'll catch on at the AAC or similar level and probably be productive. Just not B12 material in size and/or speed.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
The list just keeps growing--this time a four star Holgorsen recruit at safety--Kwantel Raines.

Raines was a four-star recruit in West Virginia’s Class of 2018. The western Pennsylvania native chose West Virginia under former head coach Dana Holgorsen over Pitt and a handful of offers from some other power conference programs such as Florida and Penn State.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcspor...safety-kwantel-raines-enters-transfer-portal/

He stinks. Pitt passed on him as a Senior. And he contacted Pitt last week and they passed again. Needs to be a LB. WVU isn’t losing much and it frees up a ship. Win win.

Reactions: WVUFanForever
He stinks. Pitt passed on him as a Senior. And he contacted Pitt last week and they passed again. Needs to be a LB. WVU isn’t losing much and it frees up a ship. Win win.

I don’t think this is a win for us. Would have liked to see him get bigger and move to LB like Loe and Kwit did. To me, this is a recruiting miss that hurts our depth. Don’t like it.

I don’t think this is a win for us. Would have liked to see him get bigger and move to LB like Loe and Kwit did. To me, this is a recruiting miss that hurts our depth. Don’t like it.

anytime you lose a young 4 start recruit that schools like Florida and Penn State were also interested in, its a bad thing. WVU needs depth and especially at that position as several defensive players including starters have left.

And not a good one, thus being chased off.

Raines is a tweener. Good high school player, but not big enough for a linebacker role or quick enough to play safety. He'll catch on at the AAC or similar level and probably be productive. Just not B12 material in size and/or speed.

HE WAS A 4 STAR PLAYER also recruited by PSU and Florida.

Stop lying to cover your ego.

4 star or not he was a flop. You can recruit all the 4 and 5 stars you want. Doesn't mean they're going to be a star themselves

Kid has to want to right?

Reactions: JWG66
HE WAS A 4 STAR PLAYER also recruited by PSU and Florida.

Stop lying to cover your ego.

You're not the brightest bulb so I'll try to explain things for you simply, using intellect to counter your hormonal teen girl rantings.

These "star" ranking systems are ploys to take dopes for their money. They are based on SUBJECTIVE rating scales and not OBJECTIVE rating scales. Objective rating scales would be based on a set of selected criteria, based on evidence, of what a top-level performer at that position would look like. If it was objective, there wouldn't be Rivals, 247, ESPN, etc. etc. rankings. There would be one that everyone could agree with because criteria have been met.

Subjective ranking systems are based on eye tests and projections from people who aren't experts - just self proclaimed experts - without an objective system to base their rankings on. On top of all this, is these "experts" base their decisions on HIGHLIGHT film and who attends their "camps". That's why there is such disparity between the ranking companies over who is a 3, 4, or 5 star so these companies have to come up with gimmicks like the 250 or composite scoring to get folks to shell out their hard earned cash. Plus, to get more cash, players will suddenly gain or lose spots on these scales. If it was OBJECTIVE, there would be no way for someone to do this without exceeding some criterion.

I could go on, but I'll leave you with this. Look up the fake player created by some high school kids, along with a "highlight" reel from some kid who went to a Division 2 school or something. Claimed he just got an Alabama offer and started out as a "3 star" player.

It's all BS. You dupes can get your panties in a wad over it. Raines isn't good enough to play here. Maybe he can somewhere else. That's all that matters.

We've already seen that the current staff has ....limited... evaluation capabilities when it comes to quality players. Allison had a higher QB rating than Kendall yet rode the pine. Doege could have made a huge difference had he been used earlier. Brown switched up personnel several times during the season to try to find a way to cover his poor coaching.

And now a bunch of know nothing clowns are trying to cover up his misteps with Devin Nunes level falsehoods and made up information.

Had Brown brought in this 4 star recruit also wanted by schools like Florida and Penn State they would be praising him left and right.

If anything the fact this young 4 star recruit was sitting illustrates the depth Brown was left by Holgorsen.

Last edited:
Kid has to want to right?

Very solid point. The desire to play is a huge part of any athletes composition. It needs to be strong and that usually is enough to convince a player like Raines to develop to a position that he fits. So maybe leaving is best. But it is still a recruiting miss in my mind.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
We've already seen that the current staff has ....limited... evaluation capabilities when it comes to quality players. Allison had a higher QB rating than Kendall yet rode the pine. Doege could have made a huge difference had he been used earlier. Brown switched up personnel several times during the season to try to find a way to cover his poor coaching.

And now a bunch of no nothing clowns are trying to cover up his misteps with Devin Nunes level falsehoods and made up information.

Had Brown brought in this 4 star recruit also wanted by schools like Florida and Penn State they would be praising him left and right.

If anything the fact this young 4 star recruit was sitting illustrates the depth Brown was left by Holgorsen.

Wow this may have been the dumbest thing you’ve ever said.

So Allison rode the pine with minimal success yet Doege has done what he’s done. Sounds like Brown is the better evaluator. Again, you’re an extra chromosome

And now a bunch of no nothing clowns are trying to cover up his misteps with Devin Nunes level falsehoods and made up information.

Some of what you said is correct but other things you have said are incorrect.

Dana did leave depth.
At RB, WR and DL.

But the most important positions he did not.
At QB and OL

Dana failed.

Neal Brown is left cleaning up the mess.

I don't think Dana is as horrible as some want to act like but he wasn't good enough to compete in the Big 12.
Have to take the good with the bad. If you want people to give their objective opinion you must do the same.

Dana failed on the OL and this is why WVU is a 4-7 team

Your mouth is all puffed up like a baboon's ass.

Sucks, don’t it? The moment you realize you don’t know shit.

Have to just laugh at fools that claimed WVU couldnt compete in the BIG 12 under the previous staff. 3 pts away from playing in the CCG last year for the fool trolls is “ not competing.” - lol

in reality WVU beat everyone but OU, and had a few close games with them too.

The big picture for WVU is it continues to lose quality depth under this new staff.

Apparently a few here are excited and happy this happened and keeps happening.

Meanwhile the stats show this staff is not doing well at all in many areas critical to WVUs success while the fools champion it.

The big picture for WVU is it continues to lose quality depth under this new staff.

Apparently a few here are excited and happy this happened and keeps happening.

Meanwhile the stats show this staff is not doing well at all in many areas critical to WVUs success while the fools champion it.
The guy might have been rated a 4 star but it was pretty clear he wasn't when he got to college. Just because Psu and Florida wanted him means nothing. Every school has misses.

Buckaintaneer is here for the same reason Greg Jacobs, Tosu, TVZ, and MichiganHerd are.

To stir up crap.

Just write what you want to say and move on. Let them have their monologues.

The guy might have been rated a 4 star but it was pretty clear he wasn't when he got to college. Just because Psu and Florida wanted him means nothing. Every school has misses.

Camp offers
Very different than commitable offers.

Rivals and 247 only know offers if a player announces them and not all players announce all their offers and they don't announce what type of offer.

That is why you don't really pay attention to these offers

Buckaintaneer is here for the same reason Greg Jacobs, Tosu, TVZ, and MichiganHerd are.

To stir up crap.

Just write what you want to say and move on. Let them have their monologues.

Those aren't my friends. Big difference.

Only reason why I have stayed is because it is impossible to come here and actually talk about WVU and the Big 12.

Camp offers
Very different than commitable offers.

Rivals and 247 only know offers if a player announces them and not all players announce all their offers and they don't announce what type of offer.

That is why you don't really pay attention to these offers
I don't pay much attention to stars anyway. I have seen highly rated guys who turned out to be busts. I have seen guys who were low rated become stars. Buck is just trying to advance his troll agenda anyway he can.

I don't pay much attention to stars anyway. I have seen highly rated guys who turned out to be busts. I have seen guys who were low rated become stars. Buck is just trying to advance his troll agenda anyway he can.

I doubt Florida would have accepted his commitment

Happened a few months ago when a recruit received a camp offer for LSU. He said on Twitter that he committing to LSU because of the camp offer.
He was in for a surprise when he found out they just wanted to see him at one of their camps.
Maybe camp offers helps with travel expenses and such for the recruits.

Some of what you said is correct but other things you have said are incorrect.

Dana did leave depth.
At RB, WR and DL.

But the most important positions he did not.
At QB and OL

Dana failed.

Neal Brown is left cleaning up the mess.

I don't think Dana is as horrible as some want to act like but he wasn't good enough to compete in the Big 12.
Have to take the good with the bad. If you want people to give their objective opinion you must do the same.

Dana failed on the OL and this is why WVU is a 4-7 team

Our secondary was left in a shambles. Robinson and Pitts had to go. Norwood got ejected some and now is injured. Thank goodness Addaei has developed our young guys to play. Tykee, Kerry and Nicktroy have been great along with excellent play from Bailey and Washington.

But to me we were paper thin and this staff worked thru it. So add that to the problems our new staff had to deal with. And I heard no whining on it. It was what it was and they dealt with it. Earned my respect. Our D was solid.

Wow this may have been the dumbest thing you’ve ever said.

So Allison rode the pine with minimal success yet Doege has done what he’s done. Sounds like Brown is the better evaluator. Again, you’re an extra chromosome
You may be right, but hard to top some of the other dumb $hit he has posted.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT