ADVERTISEMENT

Yep

bgable

All-Conference
Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
New Market, Maryland
~ Why Johnny Ringo, you look like somebody just walked over your grave....
~ My fights not with you Holliday.........
~ I beg to differ sir... We started a game we never got to finish... Play for blood remember.....
~ I was just foolin about.......
~ I wasn't......

"You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, “Hey, the world’s coming to an end!” and the first one says, “Well, I best go to the mission and pray,” and the second one says, “Well, hell, I’m gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores,” and the third one says “Well, I’m gonna finish the game.” I shall finish the game, Doc"

My 3 fave Val Kilmer Movies
1) Tombstone
2) Top Secret
3) Real Genius

I'll go a step further. Tombstone will never be remembered as an all time great movie critically, but IMO it might be the best casted movie ever. You focus on the 2 main guys, but there were at least 3 other guys in that movie that ended up being leading men on their own. What a cast and they all were in their prime as well, but Val stole the show...and it's not even an argument.

BTW...cudos to the OP for adding this delight to what has been a dead off-season board.

Last edited:
Reactions: pressvirginia
Tombstone was an American version of our favorite Spaghetti Westerns that we all loved as children.

A great movie even if the story was predictable and the dialogue cheesy as hell. Loved it!

Reactions: pressvirginia
1) Tombstone
2) Top Secret
3) Real Genius

I'll go a step further. Tombstone will never be remembered as an all time great movie critically, but IMO it might be the best casted movie ever. You focus on the 2 main guys, but there were at least 3 other guys in that movie that ended up being leading men on their own. What a cast and they all were in their prime as well, but Val stole the show...and it's not even an argument.

BTW...cudos to the OP for adding this delight to what has been a dead off-season board.

Can't argue with your list, as I'm a big fan of Real Genuis and Tombstone, but Heat needs to be up there for Val, and there is also something very likeable about The Saint. Elisabeth Shue is my all time dream girl, so I'm sure that plays a part....

Reactions: WVURobinHood
John Corbett plays a part in Tombstone and as many of you are probably aware, he's from Wheeling.

Did not remember Corbett in that movie - must rewatch - loved him as the DJ in Northern Exposure.

A wiki check says he's 55. I thought he was younger. Looks younger.

I guess he and Bo Derek are an item. She still looks good at 60.

1) Tombstone
2) Top Secret
3) Real Genius

Agree. Despite it's flaws, it's my favorite quotable movie. Fun as hell and Kilmer's performance was genius. Always stop and watch a scene or two when it turns up in the surf.

Tombstone was on Sunday night on CMT, caught all but the first 30 minutes of it. Wife was not pleased but otherwise occupied with some other project. I see something new every time, this time I noticed that Billy Bob Thornton is listed in the ending credits. Had to look it up but he plays Johnny Tyler, not sure exactly where that character fits in the story. I'll have to watch it again. :)

Tombstone was on Sunday night on CMT, caught all but the first 30 minutes of it. Wife was not pleased but otherwise occupied with some other project. I see something new every time, this time I noticed that Billy Bob Thornton is listed in the ending credits. Had to look it up but he plays Johnny Tyler, not sure exactly where that character fits in the story. I'll have to watch it again. :)

He played some bully poker dealer. Wyatt Earp bitch slapped a few times and gave him a fat lip and dared him to pull his gun.

Reactions: WVex-pat in GA
If there is one channel that could go away so I can watch tv when I want, it is the Hallmark Channel.

Reactions: BobbyBoucheer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT