ADVERTISEMENT

Xavier just ousted Vandy........

MountaineerWV

All-American
Sep 18, 2007
.....just goes to show that baseball is more about matchups than any other sports. WVU took 2 of 3 against Xavier in the regular season, and they go to Nashville and beat a top 6 seed.

.....just goes to show that baseball is more about matchups than any other sports. WVU took 2 of 3 against Xavier in the regular season, and they go to Nashville and beat a top 6 seed.
Not just matchups (and you are right). Baseball is streaky. If you have bad form hitting and pitching at same time it is hard to win.

Not just matchups (and you are right). Baseball is streaky. If you have bad form hitting and pitching at same time it is hard to win.
Baseball is 100% a game of streaks. Hot streaks and cold streaks. Look at Tennessee. They started out 5-10 in SEC play. Dropped from top 5 in the nation to out of the polls. Finished up 11-4 in the conference, but lost in the opening round of the SEC tourney to Texas A&M, which jumpstarted their hot streak as well. They started out 1-5 in conference, then only lost 2 other series in conference play the rest of the way.

Now, Tennessee is going to host a super regional and Texas A&M is one win away (up 4-2 early) from going to a super regional.

And on the other side was WVU, who hit a hot streak from April to early May. Rising up to #6 in the polls. Then the Texas series, followed by 2-and-out in the Big 12, to the Lexington regional. WVU didn't get that groove back they had earlier in the year.

What WVU needs next year is to improve the pitching staff as a whole. We had two guys in our weekend rotation that were 81-85 mph, and in today's baseball, that just isn't going to win big games consistently.

Season is over. At least for Mountaineer fans. Unless this is to salve the wounds of finishing the greatest regular season WVU has ever had at 1-7 with a meaningless win vs Ball State. Are you playing CFE games where you mean to imply if WVU only played Vandy that we wouldn't have been bounced ignominiously from the tournament because we won 2 of 3 vs Xavier in the regular season?

Season is over. At least for Mountaineer fans. Unless this is to salve the wounds of finishing the greatest regular season WVU has ever had at 1-7 with a meaningless win vs Ball State. Are you playing CFE games where you mean to imply if WVU only played Vandy that we wouldn't have been bounced ignominiously from the tournament because we won 2 of 3 vs Xavier in the regular season?
No, it goes to show that baseball is more unpredictable than any other sports. The fact that you still want to focus on the negatives is showing a lot of your true colors as a "fan".

Good grief. I am sorry your life sucks bro.

No, it goes to show that baseball is more unpredictable than any other sports. The fact that you still want to focus on the negatives is showing a lot of your true colors as a "fan".
Says the guy that gives zero to the school is calling out other fans....LMAO...if that isnt rich.

Prove it.

EDIT: And before you say "you provide proof", I don't have to. Now go enjoy your miserable life hating WVU.
LMAO....Enjoy yours....calling others Wal-Mart fans when you donate Zero to the school....

Provide proof? For whom? you? Like I am going to waste two seconds of my life on you twat...and no you dont have too...just proves my point.

We all know you donate nothing....so get over yourself.

LMAO....Enjoy yours....calling others Wal-Mart fans when you donate Zero to the school....

Provide proof? For whom? you? Like I am going to waste two seconds of my life on you twat.

We all know you donate nothing....so get over yourself.
Prove it. #1 Walmart Fan.

If it is that unpredictable and random then you cannot be pleased by a winning record as it is more luck than skill. I know that in baseball the worst team still wins roughly 1 in 3 games and the best team still loses roughly 1 in 3 games. Bell curve is wider for college teams compared to professional due to less concentration of talent. Still a 1-7 slump when everyone outside of WVU were finally talking up the team is an awful result on the national stage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT