ADVERTISEMENT

WVU vs Kansas predictions

It's a big game for our season. Likely the 4 toughest games left on the schedule start after this one and going into that at 1-3 does not bode well for even making it to .500 on the year.
It's a big game for Kansas as well. They don't want to start 1-3 either.

It's a big game for Kansas as well. They don't want to start 1-3 either.
Obviously no one wants to start 1-3 and I do not know what Kansas's slate is after this game, but starting 1-3 before 4 tough games where we will be lucky to win 1 of the 4 kills any momemntum going into the final 4 more managable games. It likely destroys confidence as well. I think back to 2002 WVU where we lost to Wisconsin and Maryland convincingly in the first 5 games. But then had 2 easier games before doing a decent job for 3 quarters against Miami. Then 2 more easier games before ranked match-ups with VT and Pitt to end the season. WVU won those last two, but if WVU came off that Maryland game and had to play Miami, VT, and Pitt in a row ... maybe we don't win any of those and the loss of confidence at being 3-5 makes it harder to win all 4 of the easier games. I just don't see a "get right" game available in the next 4 if WVU drops this winnable game at home.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Obviously no one wants to start 1-3 and I do not know what Kansas's slate is after this game, but starting 1-3 before 4 tough games where we will be lucky to win 1 of the 4 kills any momemntum going into the final 4 more managable games. It likely destroys confidence as well. I think back to 2002 WVU where we lost to Wisconsin and Maryland convincingly in the first 5 games. But then had 2 easier games before doing a decent job for 3 quarters against Miami. Then 2 more easier games before ranked match-ups with VT and Pitt to end the season. WVU won those last two, but if WVU came off that Maryland game and had to play Miami, VT, and Pitt in a row ... maybe we don't win any of those and the loss of confidence at being 3-5 makes it harder to win all 4 of the easier games. I just don't see a "get right" game available in the next 4 if WVU drops this winnable game at home.
Even if they won this game they would have to find someway to go 2-2 in the next 4 after this just to stay at .500 with a 4-4 record. Seems Brown has 9 lives every season to just keep his ahead above water drowning. There's no doubt 2 losses will occur (Oklahoma State and Kansas State). Arizona and ISU will depend on this game if WVU finds a way to win and not lose. Lose this game and he loses the team, if he hasn't already. They could very well be 1-7 going into Cincinnati. At least we won't finish 14th. It will be 16th instead.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT