ADVERTISEMENT

WVU versus OU

CAK125

Sophomore
Gold Member
Aug 3, 2011
I am curious your thoughts on this hypothetical situation. If WVU and OU split games and the only losses was against each other, who would get invite to playoff if B12 was chosen?

If OU won at WVU, that would be an impressive road win late in the season. If WVU won, it was a good home win. OU winning the B12 Championship would certainly seem like a lock. WVU winning B12 on neutral site but losing at home, would that justify letting OU in? Remember OSU getting in over Penn St and they were not B10 champs? Just curious.

I am curious your thoughts on this hypothetical situation. If WVU and OU split games and the only losses was against each other, who would get invite to playoff if B12 was chosen?

If OU won at WVU, that would be an impressive road win late in the season. If WVU won, it was a good home win. OU winning the B12 Championship would certainly seem like a lock. WVU winning B12 on neutral site but losing at home, would that justify letting OU in? Remember OSU getting in over Penn St and they were not B10 champs? Just curious.

The B12 will find a way to make OU the heir.

It would all depend upon where the chips fall elsewhere. Any other conference champ with a better record gets in. Also, you would have to take into account the level of competition played by any and all others with identical records. Finally, if neither game (regular season and conference champ) is a blowout and a one possession split, you probably go with who won the championship.

We beat them at home in a close one and then crush them in the Championship, I don't fantasize about anything short of perfection, lol.

When WVU finally gets the chance to play OU the game may be over before it starts. The OU players will concede defeat and then ask the Big XII to put Kansas in its place for the Big XII championship game.

Premature ejack, how many weeks until OU?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT