ADVERTISEMENT

WVU @ TT-who you got?

Big12Mountaineer

All-Conference
Oct 23, 2011
Trap fame before next Satuday's clash with Kansas State.

I ike a workman like performance. WVU 51 Texas Tech 31

Sorry sir but Taco Tech will put up at least 14 more that the Whorns did, this game maybe your hardest of the year, ask a Sooner fan how hard it is to win in Lubbock, I'm lolling for a shoot out with WvU by the narrowest of margins.

Agree with Saiken. WVU will clean tech like we dont deserve to be in our own stadium. Note: I'm no debbie downer.
BTW, I think WVU wins the whole thing this year-- too many just too good weapons.
OU is a good team that played a GREAT game against us. WVU is a GREAT team that could play a "meh" game and clean our clock.

BTW,

if youre ganna use the "food item" Tech moniker,

please use Tortillia, much more accurate.

Originally posted by GODLUVSBOB:
Taco Tech
Don't embarrass yourself by going full aggie.

WVU wins, too many weapons on offense. Our QB for whatever reason tends to play poorly at home in big games.

Re: A little reverse psychology...a la Pitt?

You are playing at home coming off a Loss to the Sooners and we are coming off a Huge win....going into your place....I think I'm not talking like you, Unless....I hope for the opposite...The Pitties do that...of course now its True....they Suck....but I don't know. If I am a Tech fan....I'm liking Tech's chances. I'm a WVU fan, but i think this will be TOUGH after a huge one in Austin....We are Thrilled to be in the Big 12, Love the Big Games every week, but we're also not used to it....So we will see.
We do have a lot of weapons....I LOVE our Team, but that Game will be as TOUGH as last week....

I don't like the set up. TT has nothing to lose, and WVU might not be over the emotional win in Austin. Their defense will sell out to nail Geno.

Tuberville has faced WVU and lost before, so he will make sure his team takes the game seriously. The chance to knock off a top 5 team can make any team's season, and it would thrust TT right back into the conference title race.

I would take a one point win right now in a heart beat.

Of course Dana knows Texas Tech as good as anyone, so I hope that bodes well for us.

right now tech fans are questioning if our QB has the ability to be consistent at the D1 level.

The good and bad thing about this, he is a senior.

Calling it. Tech by 14. Just a gut feeling or Rosa's from last night. Hoping for the latter.

Originally posted by GODLUVSBOB:
Sorry sir but Taco Tech will put up at least 14 more that the Whorns did, this game maybe your hardest of the year, ask a Sooner fan how hard it is to win in Lubbock, I'm lolling for a shoot out with WvU by the narrowest of margins.
Didn't OU just beat the shit out of Texas Tech in Lubbock 41-20?

My gut is Tech is going to give us fits. I don't think they played that well late against OU, that won't happen twice at home. Should be a great game like all the B12 games.

Re: A little reverse psychology...a la Pitt?

Originally posted by Atreides:
You are playing at home coming off a Loss to the Sooners and we are coming off a Huge win....going into your place....I think I'm not talking like you, Unless....I hope for the opposite...The Pitties do that...of course now its True....they Suck....but I don't know. If I am a Tech fan....I'm liking Tech's chances. I'm a WVU fan, but i think this will be TOUGH after a huge one in Austin....We are Thrilled to be in the Big 12, Love the Big Games every week, but we're also not used to it....So we will see.
We do have a lot of weapons....I LOVE our Team, but that Game will be as TOUGH as last week....
Of course they are hoping Tech wins. But I'm not sure they are mooshing. As a fanbase we took the OU loss pretty hard.

I think Tech can win and I'm making the drive out to Lubbock to watch but it will be difficult. We need to play better than we have the past two weeks.

Originally posted by dangerousdaneerfan:

Interesting tid bit about the TT/WVU game. Jim Carlen left WVU after the 69 season and went to Texas Tech. IMHO, this game SHOULD be dedicated to the memory of Coach Carlen.
John Denver bowl next time?

Originally posted by dbitner:
Calling it. Tech by 14. Just a gut feeling or Rosa's from last night. Hoping for the latter.
The latter would be "Rosa's from last night." Is that really what you're hoping for?

Originally posted by WVU2001:
The latter would be "Rosa's from last night." Is that really what you're hoping for?
Yes, rosas is delicious.

I have a feeling that like Baylor and Texas, Texas Tech will take years off of my life. It will be another close, good game. WVU by 10, in the end.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by SaikenPhase:

Originally posted by WVU2001:

Yes, rosas is delicious.
I live in Lubbock. You're right. Rosa's is indeed delicious.

The last time Tech hosted a team with the offensive firepower of West Virginia, one using Holgorsen's offense btw, they lost 66-6. Beating the dickens out of Texas State and New Mexico, and beating Iowa State by only a couple scores despite, was it four?, four TO's doesn't make me think they're back to being one of the scariest road trips in the Big 12.

They're better than last year, but they could be quite a bit better and still lose by 30 to West Virginia.

I'm gonna say 52-24 West Virginia. Maybe 52-35 if Tech plays mostly error free on offense.

OSU fans have a weird complex related to Tech. They seem to forget that 1 year doesnt translate to the next very well.

Looked a lot like last year last weekend. Oklahoma hadn't found their offense this year until they went to Lubbock. Let's just say I'm still holding my praise until Tech looks like the Tech from 2009, not even 2008, against a team that should finish in the top half of the conference.

Originally posted by TheRedSon:
The last time Tech hosted a team with the offensive firepower of West Virginia, one using Holgorsen's offense btw, they lost 66-6. Beating the dickens out of Texas State and New Mexico, and beating Iowa State by only a couple scores despite, was it four?, four TO's doesn't make me think they're back to being one of the scariest road trips in the Big 12.

They're better than last year, but they could be quite a bit better and still lose by 30 to West Virginia.

I'm gonna say 52-24 West Virginia. Maybe 52-35 if Tech plays mostly error free on offense.
Oklahoma State's defense that year was 10 times better than West Virginia's right now. However I don't think it will be a close game. WVU shouldn't be scared of TT. Likewise Kstate fans shouldn't be scared of ISU ever.

Our collective "Tech Complex" may have come existed when we were going back and forth against Leach depending on who had home field. I always hoped this would be the year we got over the hurdle in Lubbock. Well, that's done for the moment. Now, speaking of "complexes," which can base is it that insists the other stole everything from them? What is it you call us again?

Our collective "Tech Complex" may have come existed when we were going back and forth against Leach depending on who had home field. I always hoped this would be the year we got over the hurdle in Lubbock. Well, that's done for the moment. Now, speaking of "complexes," which can base is it that insists the other stole everything from them? What is it you call us again?
Dude, its documented in court that your university stole from texas tech.

Xerox.

Xerox.
Employees who came from Taco Tech. When we discovered they brought their sense of ethics with them from Tech, they were summarily fired.

Originally posted by AC2001:

Xerox.
Employees who came from Taco Tech. When we discovered they brought their sense of ethics with them from Tech, they were summarily fired.
They were recruited by you...

Not to mention all the other things that are shockingly similar. You already know what Im talking about, the argument has been re-hashed several times over.

When we fire the best coach we've ever had I'll believe we're going out of our way to be more like Texas Tech. Until then, enjoy watching West Virginia own your football team running the offense Leach made famous at your school.

When we fire the best coach we've ever had I'll believe we're going out of our way to be more like Texas Tech. Until then, enjoy watching West Virginia own your football team running the offense Leach made famous at your school.
First of all, Leach isnt the best coach we have had. That would be Coach carlen. Leaches greatest accomplishment is losing the cotton bowl.

Second, Dana Doesnt run the same offense Leach does. It is related, but its much expanded on. You should know that.

What does Dana know about Tech?

He knows the stadium. He knows the fans. But he doesn't know the coaching staff. He doesn't know all the players.

Its a totally different team since he was there.

That said, I would be very shocked if WVU loses to Tortilla Tech.

and in saying that, it won't be easy for WVU. Sure WVU has the offensive fire power. But if Tech can create some havoc, turnovers, defensive stops, Tech has the offense to win a shootout.

Me thinks its going to resemble the Baylor Game. OUs scoring record will be in jepordy by seasons end if none of the Big 12 defense can figure out how to slow the WVU offense down.

Honestly, outside of KSU about the only other defense that has the personnel to do so I OU. TCU might, but I don't think they have the offense.

This game will come down to how Doege plays. If he plays well (400+ yards passing, 0 turnovers), then Tech could pull off the upset, or it will be a close game. I think Tech will be able to run the ball (about 170 yards).

Doege has really played an average game (ISU), and a very bad game (OU).

Tech fans are frustrated with him, and if he struggles, then we will want to see RS Frosh Micheal Brewer era begin in Lubbock.

Brewer will be a great one at Tech.

Originally posted by cappergeek:
This game will come down to how Doege plays. If he plays well (400+ yards passing, 0 turnovers), then Tech could pull off the upset, or it will be a close game. I think Tech will be able to run the ball (about 170 yards).

Tech fans are frustrated with him, and if he struggles, then we will want to see RS Frosh Micheal Brewer era begin in Lubbock.

WVU's pass defense is AWFUL, but the run defense hasn't been too shabby this year giving up around 2.91 yards per carry which is good for #13 in the country (Texas Tech is tied at #11 giving up 2.89 yards per carry). I thought Texas was going to run all over us, but we held our own there as they had 39 carries for 135 yards, which was above our average but Texas was averaging 263 yards rushing per game coming into the WVU game. Obviously no one can predict what is going to happen on Saturday, but I think if you are going to get us it will have to be in the passing game. There are probably some high school teams that could throw the ball on our defense.
3dgrin.r191677.gif
At any rate, unless you all turn the ball over multiple times like you did against Oklahoma I expect this to be a competitive game. Back to back road trips to Texas in a hostile environment after an emotional win is going to be tough for WVU. So glad to be in the league though. Great games every single week.

Originally posted by bobhertzel'ssweatpants:

WVU's pass defense is AWFUL, but the run defense hasn't been too shabby this year giving up around 2.91 yards per carry which is good for #13 in the country (Texas Tech is tied at #11 giving up 2.89 yards per carry). I thought Texas was going to run all over us, but we held our own there as they had 39 carries for 135 yards, which was above our average but Texas was averaging 263 yards rushing per game coming into the WVU game. Obviously no one can predict what is going to happen on Saturday, but I think if you are going to get us it will have to be in the passing game. There are probably some high school teams that could throw the ball on our defense.
3dgrin.r191677.gif
At any rate, unless you all turn the ball over multiple times like you did against Oklahoma I expect this to be a competitive game. Back to back road trips to Texas in a hostile environment after an emotional win is going to be tough for WVU. So glad to be in the league though. Great games every single week.
My prediction of 170 is based on doege having a good day, Tech not abandoning the run, and Tech running about 85 plays. I think Tech will try to run the ball at least 40 times, and throw about 45.
If Tech can get their passing game going, it will open things up for our running game, and we do have 3 very good RB's...granted, we don't have two 5* RB's like UT did, but ours still aren't too bad.

Originally posted by bobhertzel'ssweatpants:

3dgrin.r191677.gif
My prediction of 170 is based on doege having a good day, Tech not abandoning the run, and Tech running about 85 plays. I think Tech will try to run the ball at least 40 times, and throw about 45.
If Tech can get their passing game going, it will open things up for our running game, and we do have 3 very good RB's...granted, we don't have two 5* RB's like UT did, but ours still aren't too bad.
Good point about the number of plays, but keep in mind that Baylor ran 92 plays on us & only managed 119 yards rushing (2.6 per carry). And Baylor is averaging 185 yards rushing per game. I guess we'll see. You could be right. Stats don't always tell the story for an individual game. I just think it will be much easier for Tech to get their yards passing.

Didn't Baglor have an injury in the backfield? Didn't see much of Salubi in that game, but I don't remember if he was hurt. The other two backs at Baylor aren't very scary right now. Martin is a nice down bill runner in short yardage, but not like Finley and Gamaway the last two years. Not yet anyway. Seastrunk was a 5 star out of high school, but not many of the Big 12 South teams recruited him very hard. He couldn't break into the 2-deep at Oregon and hasn't managed to at Baylor yet either. I wouldn't call him a bust this early, but he's obviously not been as good as Rivals predicted if he's not getting into the rotation much with Salubi and Martin. I think he had more carries against WVU than any other game so far.

Tech's going to get some yards in the air, there is no doubt. The key is stopping them where they catch it. Their receivers are good. Their quarterback isn't bad, but he's not going to beat anyone deep very often. He's no Nick Florence, and I thought Ash looked much better than him the last two weeks as well.

Didn't Baglor have an injury in the backfield? Didn't see much of Salubi in that game, but I don't remember if he was hurt. The other two backs at Baylor aren't very scary right now. Martin is a nice down bill runner in short yardage, but not like Finley and Gamaway the last two years. Not yet anyway. Seastrunk was a 5 star out of high school, but not many of the Big 12 South teams recruited him very hard. He couldn't break into the 2-deep at Oregon and hasn't managed to at Baylor yet either. I wouldn't call him a bust this early, but he's obviously not been as good as Rivals predicted if he's not getting into the rotation much with Salubi and Martin. I think he had more carries against WVU than any other game so far.

Tech's going to get some yards in the air, there is no doubt. The key is stopping them where they catch it. Their receivers are good. Their quarterback isn't bad, but he's not going to beat anyone deep very often. He's no Nick Florence, and I thought Ash looked much better than him the last two weeks as well.
Salubi had 20 carries for 75 yards. We'll need to get some turnovers to win comfortably on Saturday. Otherwise this will likely be another shootout. Our pass defense is likely going to give up a lot of yards & points to Tech.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT