ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD WVU @ Texas

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
Game tips off Saturday at noon. A win gets West Virginia second place in the Big 12.

WVSports.com and the WVU Fan Store are teaming up to offer you a chance to win free WVU gear for doing nothing more than participating in our game threads for WVU football and basketball games.

For the remainder of the basketball season when you post in our game thread you will be entered into a drawing for one of two $10 gift cards to the WVU Fan Store (http://westvirginia.rivalsfanstore.com/).

Several hours before each game we will start a game thread and again all you have to do is share your thoughts on the game. All we ask is that you actually give some thought to your post rather than simply going with a one or two word post in an effort to be in the drawing. Also there may be a few surprise items added along the way.

Within 24 hours following each game we will pick two winners randomly and you will be emailed your gift certificate code. While we obviously encourage you to use the card to buy Mountaineer gear you are welcome to use it to buy anything offered, which includes pro sports apparel and fan items.

This is a huge game. I would love to see WVU get bumped up to a three seed.

But its going to take a win over Texas and a very deep run in the Big XII tournament and possibly a tournament championship for that to happen.

Keep our destiny in our own hands, and on to the tournaments.

Last edited:
Texas tops my list of schools I always want to beat in the conference. Let's go out with a win and momentum.

And your officials for WVU at Texas which tips off at noon are Joe DeRosa, James Breeding and Ray Natili.

Question is will they let them play or call 40 fouls a piece on each team?

....am I the only one on here?..does Dook & NC play anytime soon?....has TYping been announced as the new spokesman @ Hairclub For Men yet?....just curious...

No Bamba - let's go claim number 2 seed! UT shooting lights out, down 2. Need a senior leadership win!

West surprising a little today. He's taken a beating from many of us and I would love to be proven wrong.

Esa needs to play smart and aggressive the rest of the season. Time for him to earn his keep.

You have to be a lot stronger with the ball that. You can't let the white guy who can't jump defend you shot.

Foul 45 feet away from the basket.
Miss 3 shots.
Give up a 3.
Not a winning formula in overtime.

Last edited:
Wanna hear a joke?

WVU is able to win 20% of its games when it's leading at the half.

This might be the worst performance ever by a team in overtime. JC is the only guy who has done anything positive, on either end of the court.

I just don't think this team has the mental toughness to win 6 games it the tournament.

Just lost to a 13-loss team that was playing without its 2 best players.

Not good. Bad, very bad.

Most over-rated team in the most over-rated conference in America.

No Bamba and no Jones and we go down there and embarrass ourselves. A perfect encapsulation of the season. Another pathetic second half performance against an under-manned, less talented team. We will be the number one pick for the 5-12 "upset."

Texas shot their ass off. They will never do that again and are 1 and done. WVU depends on which schizophrenic team shows up.

I just don't think this team has the mental toughness to win 6 games it the tournament.
Miles may hold the key to advancing beyond a game or two. His shooting struggles or success is hard to understand. Carter can not carry this team alone against the competion they will face. Carter foul trouble, and lack of offense from Miles is a bad scenario.

Miles may hold the key to advancing beyond a game or two. His shooting struggles or success is hard to understand. Carter can not carry this team alone against the competion they will face. Carter foul trouble, and lack of offense from Miles is a bad scenario.
Yep. Esa needs to come alive as well. Both ends of the floor.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT