WVU Release WVU Tennis Signs Five for 2015-16 Season

Vernon

The Legend
Staff
May 29, 2001
Beyond The Sun
wvsports.com
Tennis Signs Five for 2015-16 Season

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (July 21, 2015) – West Virginia University women’s tennis coach Miha Lisac announced today that Abigail Rosiello, Hannah Cseplo, Habiba Lasheen, Kirsten White and Paula Goetz will join the team this fall.

“We are very excited to have Abby, Hannah, Habiba, Kirsten and Paula join the program and complete our recruiting class for the fall of 2015,” Lisac said. “Abby and Kirsten are two of the top players in the state of West Virginia, and we want to continue to have top-level talent play here. Hannah comes from close by, in Ohio, and we are equally excited to have her join the program.”

“Habiba brings a wealth of experience from her junior days in Egypt and international play,” Lisac stated. “Paula also brings experience and drive to the program that we are looking forward to build upon. These girls are the type of student-athletes that we are looking for to represent our program and West Virginia University.”

Rosiello hails from Morgantown, where she led Morgantown High to it’s first-ever team state championship her senior year. She is ranked as West Virginia’s No. 2 tennis prospect and is the 61st-best high school senior in the Mid-Atlantic Region.

She won the 2015 3A West Virginia No. 1 singles crown and was the runner-up at the No. 1 doubles slot. Rosiello earned all-tournament team honors at the 2015 Deco Turf Tennis Team Championships and was named all-state for three consecutive seasons. Rosiello also claimed the 2013 3A West Virginia No. 2 singles crown and was the 2014 3A West Virginia runner-up at the No. 1 singles and doubles positions.

“I chose West Virginia because it provides me an opportunity to play the sport that I love at a high level,” Rosiello stated. “WVU allows me to grow as a tennis player, while working alongside awesome coaches and players. It also allows me to receive an excellent education that will prepare me for medical school. WVU is a part of my hometown, so I won’t have to travel to see my family, and they will be there to support me every step of the way.”

Cseplo hails from Concord Township, Ohio, but trained at the Gomez Tennis Academy in Naples, Florida. She participated in the ITF Pro and Junior Circuits, primarily in South America, and reached the quarterfinals at the 2014 Copa Babolat International Tennis Federation Tournament.

“I want to be part of a program that I know will open doors for me in the future and will help me grow as an individual,” Cseplo said. “Academically, WVU has great connections that can help prepare me for my career after college. Athletically, I will be a part of an elite group of student-athletes, whom I believe will become family to me, and will help me become the best that I can be.”

A native of Cairo, Egypt, Lasheen competed in the 2012 U-14 World Cup, as well as the 2013 and 2014 U-16 Junior World Cups.

“I chose West Virginia because it’s a very good college, with a very good tennis coach,” Lasheen explained. “WVU is in the Big 12 Conference, which is one of the toughest conferences in the country, and I am looking forward to my future in both academics and athletics at West Virginia University.”

White comes from Charleston, West Virginia, and was a four-year letterwinner at George Washington High. She is ranked as West Virginia’s No. 1 tennis recruit and is the 55th-best high school senior in the Mid Atlantic.

She was a four-time regional champion in singles and doubles, and also was named to the all-conference team in four consecutive seasons. White was named to the 2015 all-state tennis team and was a 2015 state finalist in singles play at the No. 1 position. She also was a state semifinalist in doubles play her freshman and senior years.

“I have lived in West Virginia my entire life, and my family and I have always been Mountaineer fans,” White stated. “My sister went to WVU, and we visited her frequently and regularly attended football games. I have always wanted to represent the Mountaineers playing tennis.”

Goetz comes from Rottenburg am Neckar, Germany, and reached the quarterfinals at the 2013 and 2014 ITF Junior Circuit. She placed first at the 2012 U16 Regional Association Championships. She also finished third in doubles at the 2012 U16 German Championships and third at the 2014 German Team Championships of Regional Federations.

“I chose West Virginia University because I was looking for a university that offers a good tennis program along with a great education,” Goetz stated. “West Virginia offers both. The team and coach Lisac are very friendly, and team building also seems to be a very important factor. West Virginia University also allows me to study industrial engineering on a higher level.”

“Abby, Hannah, Habiba, Kirsten and Paula bring a tremendous amount of potential to the program,” Lisac explained. “We are looking forward for all four of them coming to West Virginia University and reaching their potential on the tennis courts and in the classroom, as well as being an integral part of the team building process.”

Follow @WVUSports and @WVUTennis on Twitter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT