ADVERTISEMENT

WVU Possible Landing Spot For Lane Kiffin

Orlaco

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 13, 2007
....per USAToday article. Sorry I can't link because it keeps opening in an app so help there would appreciated.

'West Virginia
Shane Lyons, who took over as athletics director last year, came from Alabama where he worked closely with the football program. Dana Holgorsen is perceived to be on the hot seat, and if he doesn’t work out you’d have to think Nick Saban’s recommendation would carry a lot of weight."

Between Lane and Terry Bowden, this is an embarrassment of riches.

This is why I'm a Mountaineer!

If planetary alignment is your ace card, WVU makes sense. But eliminate the SEC schools and NC St., Houston and the West Coast schools are a better fit.

Wouldn't mind Kiffen here at all though.
I agree with you here...should Holgs not work out /depart this is worth consideration ...to dismiss it completely is foolish imo ...as 3x mention...that ex WOW...maybe we see her around WV every once in a while to collect her check?

I figured it out!

Lane Kiffin as head coach, Terry Bowden as defensive coordinator. Great start.

Maybe Dana better do better than 4-5 in the Big 12 this season?

M anhandled Missouri, 26-11

O rdinary against Youngstown, 38-21

U nnerve BYU

N euter Kansas State

T rample Texas Tech

A nnihilate TCU

I mpale Oklahoma State

N ail Kansas

E radicate Texas

E rectile dysfunction Oklahoma

R oll over Iowa State

S uffocate Baylor

....per USAToday article. Sorry I can't link because it keeps opening in an app so help there would appreciated.

'West Virginia
Shane Lyons, who took over as athletics director last year, came from Alabama where he worked closely with the football program. Dana Holgorsen is perceived to be on the hot seat, and if he doesn’t work out you’d have to think Nick Saban’s recommendation would carry a lot of weight."
We don't need his shananigans going on up here. He brings problems everywhere he goes. Except bama, where nick keeps him in check

'West Virginia

OMG I sure hope WVU doesn't stoop so low as to hire Kiffin if Holgs leaves or is fired this year. He hasn't proven himself a head coach and he's an A class jerk. I'd rather see Richy Rod back then Kiffin.

Reactions: SabanWVUbound
Kiffen would have been a terrible choice a couple years ago. I guarantee you a couple years of getting chewed out by Saban....

a) taught him something
b) introduced a little humility

I was just thinking a few days ago ( I do that sometimes) that you will likely start hearing his name at the top 2-3 HC candidates this coming off-season.

1st if we did fire Holgorsen I would certainly think Gibson deserves an interview!
2nd I think we are going to have a pretty good year and Holgorsen is going to retain his job. Add in the fact we are going to have a legitimate future pro QB next year in Grier I only see this team being better next year.

1st if we did fire Holgorsen I would certainly think Gibson deserves an interview!
2nd I think we are going to have a pretty good year and Holgorsen is going to retain his job. Add in the fact we are going to have a legitimate future pro QB next year in Grier I only see this team being better next year.

THIS^^^^^^^^^

Reactions: lenny4wvu
I would definitely take Kiffin if we need a head coach next year. Coaching 3 years under Saban is valuable, and he won a championship with Jake f'n Coker, and took an offense with a converted RB playing QB to the playoffs.

Plus, he'd be a lighting rod in Morgantown with the fans and media, it would be pure entertainment.

OMG I sure hope WVU doesn't stoop so low as to hire Kiffin if Holgs leaves or is fired this year. He hasn't proven himself a head coach and he's an A class jerk. I'd rather see Richy Rod back then Kiffin.

Plan B: Rich as head coach, Terry as defensive coordinator. Bobby Bowden as consultant. Manificent combination! WVU would be on its way to the Big 12 title, instead of 4-5 record.

U nnerve BYU

N euter Kansas State

T rample Texas Tech

A nnihilate TCU

I mpale Oklahoma State

N ail Kansas

E radicate Texas

R oll over Iowa State

S uffocate Baylor

'West Virginia
I just threw up in my mouth.

Reactions: assassin61

'West Virginia

I can do better than that.

Shane Lyons, who took over as athletics director last year, came from Alabama where he worked closely with the football program. Dana Holgorsen is perceived to be on the hot seat, and if he doesn’t work out you’d have to think that Nick Saban, who is from West Virginia, would be interested in retiring in his home state.

See how easy it is?

I can do better than that.

Shane Lyons, who took over as athletics director last year, came from Alabama where he worked closely with the football program. Dana Holgorsen is perceived to be on the hot seat, and if he doesn’t work out you’d have to think that Nick Saban, who is from West Virginia, would be interested in retiring in his home state.

See how easy it is?

If only that would happen. As Bill Snyder proved, you've never too old to be a damn fine coach. Brother will never leave Alabama, but Monongah would love it if he came home to WVU.

U nnerve BYU

N euter Kansas State

T rample Texas Tech

A nnihilate TCU

I mpale Oklahoma State

N ail Kansas

E radicate Texas

R oll over Iowa State

S uffocate Baylor

If thing don't work out for Dana and LSU is fool enough to fire Les Miles, that's where my first phone call would go if I were Lyons.

Plan B: Rich as head coach, Terry as defensive coordinator. Bobby Bowden as consultant. Manificent combination! WVU would be on its way to the Big 12 title, instead of 4-5 record.

U nnerve BYU

N euter Kansas State

T rample Texas Tech

A nnihilate TCU

I mpale Oklahoma State

N ail Kansas

E radicate Texas

R oll over Iowa State

S uffocate Baylor
While WVU might be on its way to the Big 12 championship, I'll be on my way to a mental hospital.

While WVU might be on its way to the Big 12 championship, I'll be on my way to a mental hospital.

Funny line that gets your point across even though I disagree with you.

But first we have to take care of BYU and all the Big 12 opponents. Problem solved if we do.

U nnerve BYU

N euter Kansas State

T rample Texas Tech

A nnihilate TCU

I mpale Oklahoma State

N ail Kansas

E radicate Texas

R oll over Iowa State

S uffocate Baylor

Funny line that gets your point across even though I disagree with you.

But first we have to take care of BYU and all the Big 12 opponents. Problem solved if we do.

U nnerve BYU

N euter Kansas State

T rample Texas Tech

A nnihilate TCU

I mpale Oklahoma State

N ail Kansas

E radicate Texas

R oll over Iowa State

S uffocate Baylor

By and large, you aren't usually successful by turning toward yesterday's heroes. What you want to locate are tomorrow's heroes, and that is what makes the science of personnel acquisition so challenging.

Reactions: lenny4wvu
By and large, you aren't usually successful by turning toward yesterday's heroes. What you want to locate are tomorrow's heroes, and that is what makes the science of personnel acquisition so challenging.

Exactly!!!!

We don't need retreaded tires. Louisville got lucky getting Slick Rick back. Majors 2 was a disaster for Pitt. Fraud couldn't beat Boise State in his biggest bowl game since the 2006 Sugar Bowl. He would get eaten alive in the Big XII. That is why I am so high on Jeff Brohm at WKU.

Exactly!!!!

We don't need retreaded tires. Louisville got lucky getting Slick Rick back. Majors 2 was a disaster for Pitt. Fraud couldn't beat Boise State in his biggest bowl game since the 2006 Sugar Bowl. He would get eaten alive in the Big XII. That is why I am so high on Jeff Brohm at WKU.

Maybe. But the leap from Western Kentucky to WVU is even larger than the leap from OC to HC. Or from Akron to WVU, I guess. So I'm contradicting myself, it seems like, but Terry already proved himself at Auburn so it's NOT the same as Western Kentucky to WVU.

U nnerve BYU

N euter Kansas State

T rample Texas Tech

A nnihilate TCU

I mpale Oklahoma State

N ail Kansas

E radicate Texas

R oll over Iowa State

S uffocate Baylor

I wonder how HC material is identified. For that matter..............I wonder how a coach is identified as being 'good' even as a position coach. Heck, ole Warez doesn't get to attend the coaching sessions. I reckon you just go by what you THINK.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT