ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING UPDATE WVU offers portal transfer wide receiver

Vernon

The Legend
Staff
May 29, 2001
Beyond The Sun
wvsports.com
Cal U (Pa.) all-American wide receiver transfer JaQuae Jackson. Last season he had 77 catches for 1,178 yards and 15 touchdowns and has already drawn some offers from power five schools. He has one year left. He is a native of Pittsburgh and is 6-foot-3, 175-pounds.

Bio

AWARDS/HONORS
• PSAC West Offensive Athlete of the Week (9.13.21)

2021 I SOPHOMORE
Started all 10 games at wide receiver … finished with 744 receiving yards and eight touchdowns on 58 receptions … led team in receiving yards and receptions … ranked second on team and seventh in PSAC in receiving touchdowns … finished third in league in receptions per game (5.8) and eighth in receiving yards per game (74.4) … led team in all-purpose yards (817) … finished with 79 yards on nine punt returns … made at least six receptions six times … eclipsed 100 receiving yards twice … scored at least one touchdown in five games … tallied 11 receptions of at least 20 yards … made 36 catches that resulted in either a first down or touchdown … named PSAC West Offensive Athlete of the Week (Sept. 13) … set career high with 219 receiving yards on eight catches with two touchdowns against Lock Haven … established a career high with nine receptions for 99 yards and one touchdown versus Millersville … posted 53 receiving yards on six catches and set a season long with a 29-yard punt return at Edinboro … tallied seven receptions for 36 yards and one touchdown against Mercyhurst … finished with 70 receiving yards and two touchdowns on six catches at Gannon … registered seven receptions for 121 yards and two touchdowns versus Seton Hill

2020 I SOPHOMORE*
Season canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic

The asterisk next to the 2020 season indicates the NCAA’s decision to grant an extra year of eligibility for student-athletes in light of the COVID-19 pandemic; the student-athlete’s year of eligibility did not “advance” from 2020 to 2021 due to this NCAA ruling.

2019 I REDSHIRT FRESHMAN
Appeared in eight games with three starts at wide receiver … finished with 198 receiving yards and two touchdowns on 13 receptions … posted 44 receiving yards on two catches against Shippensburg … set season high with four receptions for 25 yards with one touchdown and added a 15-yard run at Edinboro … totaled 38 receiving yards on two catches at Gannon … established season high of 67 receiving yards on three receptions with one touchdown at Slippery Rock

2018 I FRESHMAN
Redshirted

HIGH SCHOOL
Played at Serra Catholic under head coach Jose Regus … named first-team all-state at defensive back and second-team all-state as an athlete in 2017 … earned first-team all-conference honors at defensive back and second-team all-conference status at wide receiver as a senior … received all-conference accolades at wide receiver in 2016 … named to Daily News Dynamic 33 as a sophomore … tabbed a Mon Valley Independent-Bee Graphix Finest 25 All-Star

PERSONAL
Son of Samuel Jackson and Nicole Brown … majoring in sport management

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT