ADVERTISEMENT

WVU killing it on Day 1 in Louisville

TownesVanZandt

All-Conference
Aug 19, 2018
Louisville Regional
In position: 1. Auburn (-8), 2. Oklahoma State (-6), 3. Louisville (-4), 3. Baylor (-4), 5. West Virginia (+2)

Chasing: 6. Arizona (+3), 7. Iowa State (+4), 8. North Florida (+8)

Individual leader: Matthias Schmid, Louisville (-5)

Individuals in position: Trevor Werbylo, Arizona, and Jimmy Hervol, UConn (-4)

Full results

Round of the day: Auburn. The Tigers picked up right where they left off after finishing runner-up to Arkansas in the SEC Championship final. SEC medalist Jovan Rebula, the nephew of Ernie Els, led Auburn with a 4-under 67 while Graysen Huff also went bogey-free in shooting 68. The Tigers counted just four bogeys and a double on Monday.

Biggest surprise: West Virginia. No player is inside the top 10, but the Mountaineers are in fifth after their first NCAA regional round since 1947. The program was reinstated for the 2015-16 season.

Work to do: North Florida. Few teams in the country are as experienced as the Ospreys, who boast four seniors and a junior in their postseason lineup. However, only Phillip Knowles (71) sits better than T-35 on the leaderboard after 18 holes.

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/ncaa-mens-regionals-auburn-illinois-shine-day-1

After Day 2
Looks like the golf course killed WV today. Shot the highest score of all teams. Sits 8 shots behind the cut line. But four consecutive good holes by the entire team can change that

1 Auburn -7 277 F -15 553
2 Oklahoma State -1 283 F -7 561
3 Baylor +4 288 F E 568
4 Iowa State -2 282 F +2 570
5 Louisville +7 291 F +3 571
6 North Florida +1 285 F +9 577
7 Arizona +7 291 F +10 578
8 West Virginia +9 293 F +11 579
9 Arkansas State +2 275 F +13 570
10 Mississippi State +7 291 F +17 585
11 Southern Illinois +3 276 F +20 577
12 Jacksonville State +7 280 F +23 580
13 New Mexico +7 253 F +25 555

I care about WVU football and basketball. Never have and never will care about a wannabe sport like golf.

It is not about the sport. It is about your university or state competing.
The more sports people in West Virginia will support the more value you bring to a conference because of eyeballs.

Like I have said a conference network survives because people watch all sports.

Lol. Nobody is watching golf. I can tell you that right now. The only sports that bring value are football and basketball.

Lol. Nobody is watching golf. I can tell you that right now. The only sports that bring value are football and basketball.

You do know that you have other months of the year.
The more sports people will watch the more value a conference network has because these other sports have to fill out a calendar year.
Even if not you should support them because it is West Virginia.

Nobody is watching, which has been my point all along.

Hopefully they can start getting the first two Days of regional play on Television
Tomorrow the Golf Channel will provide coverage of the event.
The Championship of both the men's and women's will be on the Golf Channel

All the individual conference networks provide coverage for the sport all year. During the NCAA championship the NCAA owns the TV rights.

REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS COVERAGE:GOLF Channel will deliver expanded coverage of the final day of the NCAA women’s and men’s regional championships, Wednesday, May 8 and Wednesday, May 15, respectively. Coverage will feature updates throughout both days that will be published to GOLF Channel Digital and through GOLF Channel social media handles, concluding with live news segments announcing the teams and individuals who qualified for the women’s and men’s national championships.

NCAA GOLF NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS COVERAGE: Contested in back-to-back weeks, May 17-29 at Blessings Golf Club in Fayetteville, Ark., GOLF Channel will dedicate its full suite of production resources to the NCAA Women’s and Men’s Golf Championships, featuring nearly 30 combined hours of live tournament coverage. In addition, Golf Central will feature nearly 30 hours of combined pre-and post-event live news coverage produced on location, as well as daily news updates on Morning Drive and Golf Channel Digital.

Again, nobody is going to watch it even if it is on TV. More people would watch paint dry before watching golf. In today’s day and age, there are interesting entertainment options available. People are no longer bound by 3 or 4 channels where they have to watch whatever is on them.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
Again, nobody is going to watch it even if it is on TV. More people would watch paint dry before watching golf. In today’s day and age, there are interesting entertainment options available. People are no longer bound by 3 or 4 channels where they have to watch whatever is on them.

Nobody cares about golf.[/QU
Nobody cares about golf.

So why comment then? You are obviously wrong because some people must care to start a conversation with others.

I will never understand why Mountaineers feel it necessary to eat their own. If it isn’t your cup of tea, move on. Why the negativity? I appreciate the golf update. Thanks you!

Reactions: TownesVanZandt
Thanks for the updates! People who don't like golf just suck at playing golf. it is the hardest sport to master as it is one individual who plays 4 consecutive days. You don't have a team to help you.

Reactions: TownesVanZandt
First taste of postseason golf went rather well for West Virginia as they shot 1 below par on the final day
Finished 6th and below the cutline but was impressive and should improve on this next year.

moveup.png

West Virginia
+10

F

I will never understand why Mountaineers feel it necessary to eat their own. If it isn’t your cup of tea, move on. Why the negativity? I appreciate the golf update. Thanks you!

I will never understand why old farts yell get off my lawn just because somebody doesn’t agree with them.

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT