WVU Release WVU Football Dismisses Thomas-Williams

Vernon

The Legend
Staff
May 29, 2001
Beyond The Sun
wvsports.com
Football Dismisses Thomas-Williams

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (May 16, 2016) – West Virginia University football coach Dana Holgorsen has announced that redshirt sophomore running back Donte Thomas-Williams has been dismissed from the football program for a violation of team rules.

Thomas-Williams played in four games as a redshirt freshman, rushing 14 times for 43 yards with a long carry of 12 yards against Maryland.

Holgorsen will have no additional comment.

Well, I guess this was expected - especially with the emergence of Kennedy McKoy.

Really had high hopes for him. I mean, look at the scholarship list he had coming out of HS. It's really too bad he didn't seize that immense potential he had.

The only question for us now, will Shell & McKoy be enough for the season? Do we get Crawford a lot of carries as well for a three-headed rushing game?

Wow. The attrition at RB continues. Gotta hope both Shell and McKoy stay healthy. If we become pass, pass, pass punt it will be a long season.

In short...he was a headache. I will avoid the Gwaltney references because Gwaltney at least showed flashes of why he got the hype in his short time here.

DTW showed nothing while he was here and never appeared to want to do the work needed to become what we thought he would be.

For his sake, I hope he passed his classes so far and can finish his academic career somewhere and get a degree instead of doing what so many players do when they take this path.

Keat...lots of names, tons of possibilities, cart loads of potential...not much in the way of experience. Just sayin' (Let's revision this after the first eight games of the season.) lol

Shell, McKoy, Crawford, Pettway, Crest Wellman, Glover, Banks, Watson I'm sure WVU can find 2-3 capable ball carriers out of that group. I don't think WVU goes after Crawford if they didn't already think DTW was on his way out. RB depth is not going to be a problem.

I'm glad to hear all the talk about great and plentiful depth from some on the board. It supports ColoradoMountaineer and his observation that this fall should be a 9+ win, no-excuses season.

Taking into account the favorable home schedule logic would dictate that competing for the Big 12 championship is more than feasible. Unfortunately there are those who will make non logical excuses as to why a program of Wvu's stature is unable to do what a mountain west team was able to do in 3 years. We can take solace in knowing that are draft success disproves the talent theory

Reactions: lenny4wvu and GoWVU
Colorado, I suppose you mean "our draft success"? Or maybe you didn't. lol. Yes, a lot of WVU football talent is getting a shot in the NFL this year...too bad the HC couldn't utilize that talent to compete better in the conference! So, what is it about an uneven group of new RBs is it that you feel will overcome the HC's propensity to underachieve? However, at this day and date we are tied for first in the conference with all other nine football teams...and probably won't lose a game the entire summer!

Reactions: lenny4wvu and GoWVU
Colorado, I suppose you mean "our draft success"? Or maybe you didn't. lol. Yes, a lot of WVU football talent is getting a shot in the NFL this year...too bad the HC couldn't utilize that talent to compete better in the conference! So, what is it about an uneven group of new RBs is it that you feel will overcome the HC's propensity to underachieve? However, at this day and date we are tied for first in the conference with all other nine football teams...and probably won't lose a game the entire summer!

When people question the potential of the running game they seem to overlook the fact that this years team brings allot of experience back on the O Line. A good O Line can make an average RB look good and a below average RB look average. Looking at the programs history at this position I think we will be more than capable of moving the ball on the Ground. The experience on the Oline should also give the receivers more time to get open and should give Howard or whomever ends up behind center the adequate time and protection to find the open receiver especially since the Big 12 doesn't know the meaning of the word defense. Those who will make the excuse that we can't compete for a conference title will point to the defensive deficiencies and even though on paper this argument may have some merit they fail to realize that the rest of the conference is lacking on this side of the ball. The favorable home schedule and especially the way in which its laid out presents a perfect opportunity for a 9+ win season and a top 3 finish in the conference. Anything less would be underachievement.

If there is a need for help at the RB position..............Ole Warez can step up and play. I still have two years college eligibility remaining. I have played pro ball but heck..................who is looking?

I wish the kid well. Hope he gets his head on straight and salvages a good life.

All college football teams are revolving doors.

Now I'll turn my attention to the players still on my alma mater's teams.

Let's mash Missouri!!!

Taking into account the favorable home schedule logic would dictate that competing for the Big 12 championship is more than feasible, but still an uphill challenge. Fortunately there are those who will make logical points as to why a program of WVU's stature is unable to do what a mountain west team based in a rich recruiting area like Texas was able to do in 3 years. We can't take solace in knowing that our draft success proves that we underachieve with what we have.
FIFY

I never like to see us lose any players but we have always been pretty strong at the RB position im sure will be okay

Where is Terence Kerns these days? Somehow I missed this one. If he is in the Big House, I want to send him some cigarettes and a couple packs of cherry or strawberry Kool-aid.

Where is Terence Kerns these days? Somehow I missed this one. If he is in the Big House, I want to send him some cigarettes and a couple packs of cherry or strawberry Kool-aid.
I don't know that he is incarcerated. Last I heard, he was in Motown and allegedly took off with a girls purse.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT