ADVERTISEMENT

WVU Football 2017: Spotlight -- This year's hype video by Dougity

It sucks.

I wouldn't say it sucks but definitely not his best work and his work is almost always excellent. He is really good at what he does and I love these hype videos from any school but especially ours in the past have been great. Sadly, I didn't even make it to the end of this one before turning it off.

I meant to post something on this the first time I heard it the other day but got distracted. The one I'm thinking of was full of racially charged epithets that I found offensive even though, as a sophomore, I worked as an inner city youth worker where I was the only "white" guy in a 40 square block area. Regardless... this may not be the same scrubbed video.

Otherwise, I thought the video time provided of the two schools were reasonably balanced given the source and the outcome of the game. I thought it reasonably fair and maybe even "balanced". As for the music, it either changed or is a different product. They start to look the same after awhile. Being in Atlanta you'd think I'd like Hip Hop but only certain aspects of the genre' resonates with me. I sort of tuned this one out.

I think we'll have a game and I'd rather be playing Old Dominion this early in the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT