WVU Release WVU Ends Trip With 20-Point Win

Vernon

The Legend
Staff
May 29, 2001
Beyond The Sun
wvsports.com
WVU Ends Trip With 20-Point Win

NASSAU, Bahamas (August 13, 2015) – Devin Williams had a double-double with 12 points and 14 rebounds and Jevon Carter led WVU with 18 points as the Mountaineers wrapped up their summer trip to the Bahamas with a 94-74 win over the CTG Knights in Nassau, Bahamas.

Seventy-three fouls were called and 87 free throws were shot in the contest, 61 attempted by the CTG Knights. West Virginia turned the CTG Knights over 31 times while recording 18 steals. In the three games, WVU forced 133 turnovers and registered 95 steals.

Williams and Carter were two of six Mountaineers in double figures. Esa Ahmad tallied 17 points while fellow freshman James Bolden had 13 points. Jonathan Holton and Lamont West recorded 10 points each for WVU. Other scorers for WVU were Daxter Miles Jr. (9) and Jaysean Paige (5).

Playing under FIBA rules, WVU led 21-20 after one quarter, 40-39 at halftime and 63-54 after three quarters.

“I thought it was good for us,” said coach Bob Huggins. “They played hard and it was competitive for the majority of the game. I thought our freshmen really stepped up and played well. I thought our young guys gave us great minutes.”

The Mountaineers finished their summer exhibition trip to the Bahamas with three victories. West Virginia will return to campus Saturday evening.

“This trip was great and I think it was a great experience for them,” added Huggins. “We are going to go on a boat tomorrow and go snorkeling. The people have been wonderful here and treated us very well. This has been a good experience for our guys.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News