ADVERTISEMENT

WVSPORTS.COM WVU dominates Illinois 89-57

Rock solid squad. I think today shows that we can confidently say "we're good". Now are we typical WVU 5 or 6 seed 10-8 in conference good, or are we push KU for a conference title and expect the Final Four good? Stay tuned everyone.

Reactions: WVex-pat in GA
Rock solid squad. I think today shows that we can confidently say "we're good". Now are we typical WVU 5 or 6 seed 10-8 in conference good, or are we push KU for a conference title and expect the Final Four good? Stay tuned everyone.
Tomorrow will be interesting. I think Temple should be better prepared for the press. If we beat Temple convincingly--a team which overcame an 18 point deficit to be #25 FSU--then that will bode very well for the season.

Tomorrow will be interesting. I think Temple should be better prepared for the press. If we beat Temple convincingly--a team which overcame an 18 point deficit to be #25 FSU--then that will bode very well for the season.

We're going to smack Temple. Temple is at best a bubble team that overachieved in this tournament by stealing a game they shouldn't have. Like this game I don't think it will tell the tale of what this team's ceiling is. Remember Temple lost to that awful New Hampshire team we 100'd a few weeks ago.

@UVA will be a true litmus test. It would be really nice if we didn't get run off the floor in that one.

This team will be fun to watch and really should win a lot of games, be nationally ranked, and easily make the tourney.

But let's hope they learned the lesson from believing their own hype two years in a row.

Let's not forget .... Absolutely destroyed by Kentucky two tournaments ago after Dax ran his mouth. And last year we had the SFA fiasco.

Let's have a great regular season and then go down playing well if we don't go all the way in the post-season.

@UVA will be a true litmus test. It would be really nice if we didn't get run off the floor in that one.
UVA stomped our press before, and they probably will again. If we don't win, at least we should be able to get a good idea how teams will attack our press and can make adjustments.

Remember Temple lost to that awful New Hampshire team we 100'd a few weeks ago.

Yes, that's true. Not only did we lose to New Hampshire, . . . we lost to New Hampshire at HOME! Given that, I don't expect to win today, but whether it's a blowout or a competitive game will depend largely on #10 Mark Williams (6-8 Sr.) A lot of Temple fans question why he's even on a D-1 basketball roster, much less in our starting lineup. The big difference between that New Hampshire debacle and the comeback win yesterday: foul trouble limited the aforementioned Mr. Williams to 12 minutes yesterday. The comeback took place with Williams firmly rooted on the bench, and was keyed by 6-8 freshman Quinton Rose, who played (HAD to play) in Williams' place.

UVA stomped our press before, and they probably will again. If we don't win, at least we should be able to get a good idea how teams will attack our press and can make adjustments.

It's like....... accuracy matters none to some posters

Our press was killing UVA in the first half of the game last year. We were up 6 at half time. They didn't take the lead until 13 minutes left in the game.... once Huggs benched Carter for that stupid behind the back pass turnover, and then our shooters went ice cold. But we forced a team that averaged about 9 TOs a game into 19 with the press.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT