ADVERTISEMENT

WVU boosters won’t likely get a shot at Hugh Freeze

Who here was wanting Hugh Freeze,

And we all have the internet here...you don't have to copy and paste every article on sports sites.

You are a complete dumbass....now call me a nazi or racist.

Hugh Freeze comes with baggage, so he probably would fit in better within the SEC.

WVU will likely finish this season, and then evaluate their football coach. I just don't know who has $20,000,000 laying around for a massive buyout, particularly knowing there's a chance WVU's annual revenue could decline with the next TV deal.

Are there big boosters that have that kind of money? Regardless, there should be many coaches out there looking for jobs at the end of this season, as well as multiple good coaches at G5 programs that would love to coach on the P5 level. Still believe the other Mountaineers coach would be someone to take a strong look at. Him, or Deon Sanders (j/k).

Who here was wanting Hugh Freeze,

And we all have the internet here...you don't have to copy and paste every article on sports sites.

You are a complete dumbass....now call me a nazi or racist.

He might be the most capable coach who will be on the market for next season.

Reactions: steeleer
Actually yes, he's one of the most talked about possibilities. There is also mutual interest. But regardless what did he post that was such an issue that you tried to instigate a fight?
I dunno...maybe I get tired of bucky calling us racists and nazis because we don't agree with him....but that slides and my post worries you?

Reactions: Mitch D.
Actually yes, he's one of the most talked about possibilities. There is also mutual interest. But regardless what did he post that was such an issue that you tried to instigate a fight?
You're on the free board and I've told you many times this forum isn't moderated. I read his post because I found it interesting and you tried to start a fight and I asked you why. It just seems odd to me to complain about something that you're doing yourself.

Give me the APP St coach first. I think he would fit in very well in Mo town and put a good product on the field. I still say let this year pan out , things can turn around in a hurry so this might all be a moot point

With the App State coach being from Charleston and putting a good product on the field he does make some sense. It would be nice to get a tried and true P5 coach capable of winning in the top conferences when changes come around.

With the App State coach being from Charleston and putting a good product on the field he does make some sense. It would be nice to get a tried and true P5 coach capable of winning in the top conferences when changes come around.
He is doing a good job here in NC. Thing is I do think that MAC Brown is close to retiring again. SO Chizik might be the HC in waiting but UNC would be smart to go afterthe APP st staff. And UNC has deep pockets and is starting to take football seriously

That's a lot of baggage but he has some serious support from WVU's big money.
When is Wvu's Big Money going to start stepping up and buy these coach's some players? Is this big money you speak of do they have more or less than other universities? Ohio State coach Ryan Day stated a while back that he needed 13 million in NIL money to keep his roster intact. If these guys are able to raise the 16 million that would be needed to buy Brown out why not use it to poach some players from other teams. Like it or not this isn't the landscape that Don Nehlen and Rich Rod had to navigate when they had their success. Brown hasn't proven that he is the right guy, but he has had to deal with problems that no other wvu coach has had to deal with. Changing the last name of the coach still doesn't change the obstacles that are needed for success. If we do bring in a new coach, they better be prepared to start ponying up more dough to buy players if they expect a winner. In today's world wvu could have a good coach and might not even know it

Reactions: ThePunish-EER
When is Wvu's Big Money going to start stepping up and buy these coach's some players? Is this big money you speak of do they have more or less than other universities? Ohio State coach Ryan Day stated a while back that he needed 13 million in NIL money to keep his roster intact. If these guys are able to raise the 16 million that would be needed to buy Brown out why not use it to poach some players from other teams. Like it or not this isn't the landscape that Don Nehlen and Rich Rod had to navigate when they had their success. Brown hasn't proven that he is the right guy, but he has had to deal with problems that no other wvu coach has had to deal with. Changing the last name of the coach still doesn't change the obstacles that are needed for success. If we do bring in a new coach, they better be prepared to start ponying up more dough to buy players if they expect a winner. In today's world wvu could have a good coach and might not even know it
Yes, the college football world we have enjoyed for the last 100 years is over. Amateurism died. WVU and all of its fans need to realize this. It’s not ideal. It’s not what we would’ve chosen if we had the choice. It’s adaptation. We either adapt or go play Wheeling Jesuit and Fairmont State.

Reactions: Jason Voorhees
Yes, the college football world we have enjoyed for the last 100 years is over. Amateurism died. WVU and all of its fans need to realize this. It’s not ideal. It’s not what we would’ve chosen if we had the choice. It’s adaptation. We either adapt or go play Wheeling Jesuit and Fairmont State.
When Luck and Kendrick Started the country road trust, they stated that wvu was behind in the NIL landscape. This isn't something you can afford to be behind in. Wvu needs to start being at the forefront instead of dragging up the rear.

He is doing a good job here in NC. Thing is I do think that MAC Brown is close to retiring again. SO Chizik might be the HC in waiting but UNC would be smart to go afterthe APP st staff. And UNC has deep pockets and is starting to take football seriously
UNC took UTs coach back so I think they’ll be looking at a P5 coach when Mac Brown is gone.

Give me the APP St coach first. I think he would fit in very well in Mo town and put a good product on the field. I still say let this year pan out , things can turn around in a hurry so this might all be a moot point
No thanks. We tried that G5 route once already.

Hugh Freeze comes with baggage, so he probably would fit in better within the SEC.

WVU will likely finish this season, and then evaluate their football coach. I just don't know who has $20,000,000 laying around for a massive buyout, particularly knowing there's a chance WVU's annual revenue could decline with the next TV deal.

Are there big boosters that have that kind of money? Regardless, there should be many coaches out there looking for jobs at the end of this season, as well as multiple good coaches at G5 programs that would love to coach on the P5 level. Still believe the other Mountaineers coach would be someone to take a strong look at. Him, or Deon Sanders (j/k).
"Are there big boosters that have that kind of money?"

Yes.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Welcome to every thread here.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Oh ok so who do you think would be a target
This is Shawn Clark's 3rd season as a head coach. We just tried that with a coach from Troy who had been a HC for 4 years. Previous 8 before was with a clown who was never a HC before.

Time to hire experience and not the guy who has early success for 3 years.

Hugh Freeze's team has won the Virginia State Championship by beating Old Dominion...

I would say that APP st has a much longer history of success. Troy never won a natty nor have they ever beaten Michigan.
But Troy has beaten App State, LSU and Nebraska. should have beaten App this year if not for a freak play and some luck. Troy also beat LSU and Nebraska may not have been good but they're not suppose to lose to Troy.

That's because people on the left are anti-religion. As you know, the left controls all forms of media, both on the airwaves and through the wide reaching web.
Really people talk about Notre Dame, BYU , TCU, SMU, Duke, Wake Forest, Boston College , Baylor Ect Ect So you are off on that one . Maybe those schools are not so much of a cult as Liberty but who knows

Really people talk about Notre Dame, BYU , TCU, SMU, Duke, Wake Forest, Boston College , Baylor Ect Ect So you are off on that one . Maybe those schools are not so much of a cult as Liberty but who knows
Duke? lol

Liberty a cult? Ignorant!

Weren’t they founded by the Quakers ?
Duke University was created in 1924, an expansion of what was then Trinity College. Duke's primary religious affiliation is with the United Methodist Church, But anyway they are in that group kind of

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT