ADVERTISEMENT

WTH is going on with Marshall FB recruiting ?

How many 5 star players do the Utes have?

I don't think Marshall has a game scheduled with Utah, so I fail to see what your question has to do with Marshall not recruiting well for 2018. Try to stay on subject.

I don't think Marshall has a game scheduled with Utah, so I fail to see what your question has to do with Marshall not recruiting well for 2018. Try to stay on subject.
...and unless you boys have worked up some courage , I don't think MU -WVU is in the cards either!

...and unless you boys have worked up some courage , I don't think MU -WVU is in the cards either!

You do struggle with staying on topic. ADHD maybe? This thread is about Marshall's sub 100 ranked class of 2018 recruits in case you forgot.

You do struggle with staying on topic. ADHD maybe? This thread is about Marshall's sub 100 ranked 2018 class of recruits in case you forgot.
I disagree, it's about the inane nature of that topic! I'd worry about the Utes, not MU recruiting! Hahahahaahahha

I disagree, it's about the inane nature of that topic! I'd worry about the Utes, not MU recruiting! Hahahahaahahha

Of course you disagree. I don't blame you for trying to shift focus away from the original topic. I'd be embarrassed to if my teams recruiting class ranked so low.

Just show me the scoreboard! Utah 34 WVU 21.

How does your prediction of the Heart of Dallas Bowl score pertain to Marshall's piss poor list of 2018 recruits ?

Oh, I see. It doesn't. With 8 two stars and two recruits that no one ever heard of on Doc's list I can see why you keep trying to change the subject.

At least Marine03 tried to be a little to be creative in his effort to make this thread disappear when he kept repeating "It's November".

Last edited:
How does your prediction of the Heart of Dallas Bowl score pertain to Marshall's piss poor list of 2018 recruits ?

Oh, I see. It doesn't. With 8 two stars and two recruits that no one ever heard of on Doc's list I can see why you keep trying to change the subject.

At least Marine03 tried to be a little to be creative in his effort to make this thread disappear when he kept repeating "It's November".
My system of score prediction is fool proof. I take the number of stars assigned to each squads Upperclassman as HS Seniors divided by the number of Full Moons recorded in their birth year and multiplied by the average Tide recorded in Galveston, TX! Sorry the Mounties lose to the Utes!

My system of score prediction is fool proof. I take the number of stars assigned to each squads Upperclassman as HS Seniors divided by the number of Full Moons recorded in their birth year and multiplied by the average Tide recorded in Galveston, TX! Sorry the Mounties lose to the Utes!

So using your advanced formula tell me how this bodes well for the Herd's future -

https://marshall.rivals.com/commitments/football/2018

Back in my day we called people who couldn't stay on subject "scatter brained" or "ditzy"........in these politically correct days we say people like you suffer from ADHD . Show us your best effort in trying to stay on topic and explain why Marshall isn't recruiting well.

So using your advanced formula tell me how this bodes well for the Herd's future -

https://marshall.rivals.com/commitments/football/2018

Back in my day we called people who couldn't stay on subject "scatter brained" or "ditzy"........in these politically correct days we say people like you suffer from ADHD . Show us your best effort in trying to stay on topic and explain why Marshall isn't recruiting well.
...so even today, inane is still inane!

Worry much?

Sure. I'm worried about our little brothers lack of recruiting. In case you never noticed Marshall's list of recruits doesn't even make Rivals top 100. Of the eight two star recruits they list , only one had an offer from a P-5 school. The others on the list - no one ever heard of them, with the exception of Kai Locksley who was supposed to be in Huntington last July and never showed. And early signing period starts in less than two weeks.

You can't tell me that you're a Herd fan and not more than a little concerned about that.

I thought I read somewhere that Doc was a good recruiter...........what's he waiting for ?

Sure. I'm worried about our little brothers lack of recruiting. In case you never noticed Marshall's list of recruits doesn't even make Rivals top 100. Of the eight two star recruits they list , only one had an offer from a P-5 school. The others on the list - no one ever heard of them, with the exception of Kai Locksley who was supposed to be in Huntington last July and never showed. And early signing period starts in less than two weeks.

You can't tell me that you're a Herd fan and not more than a little concerned about that.

I thought I read somewhere that Doc was a good recruiter...........what's he waiting for ?

Nope I really don’t care, it’s just December

Yeah, it's December, and a lot of kids that sign in December will enroll for classes in January so they can participate in Spring ball. An advantage that Marshall apparently doesn't see the value in based on the poor recruiting class they've got lined up so far.

And now the prize of the class, Texas transfer Kai Locksley is taking visits and getting offers from UTEP and New Mexico State. I knew he wasn't going to Marshall when he didn't show up in Huntington last July when he was supposed to...........but not to worry, it's just December. Tick Tock Tick Tock...........

And now the prize of the class, Texas transfer Kai Locksley is taking visits and getting offers from UTEP and New Mexico State. I knew he wasn't going to Marshall when he didn't show up in Huntington last July when he was supposed to...........but not to worry, it's just December. Tick Tock Tick Tock...........
Buzz, that's the second time you've offered Mr. Locksley as evidence that the "sky is falling" at MU! This guy must be the second coming of Cam Newton. My hunch is he ain't worth shit but you've aroused my curiosity!

................ My hunch is he ain't worth shit but you've aroused my curiosity!

That's what the Herdiot board is saying now, in an around about way. But that's a different tune than they were singing last spring when they thought he was transferring in. Just last week they had him listed as their only 3 star recruit.......and now he's gone.

That's what the Herdiot board is saying now, in an around about way. But that's a different tune than they were singing last spring when they thought he was transferring in. Just last week they had him listed as their only 3 star recruit.......and now he's gone.
From what I saw of UTEP last year they can use all the help they can get....Good luck to Kai and the Miners!

From what I saw of UTEP last year they can use all the help they can get....Good luck to Kai and the Miners!

I don't think he has committed anywhere just yet, but obviously the pastures are greener elsewhere or he wouldn't have re-opened his recruitment.

I don't think he has committed anywhere just yet, but obviously the pastures are greener elsewhere or he wouldn't have re-opened his recruitment.
Who knows why the kids do anything and who knows if they can play a lick! But wish Kai well in his future endevours!

Congrats to the Herd on their early signing of nine 2 star rated recruits. We only managed to sign one 2 star player. Those darn 3 and 4 star players just kept on hogging up all the spots.........

Congrats to the Herd on their early signing of nine 2 star rated recruits. We only managed to sign one 2 star player. Those darn 3 and 4 star players just kept on hogging up all the spots.........
Some of these " so called" 5 star players can't play dead in a Western" - Rich Rod

Do you think that the fact Marshall had a small senior class has anything to do with the low number of players Marshall could sign?

As in about a dozen scholarships?

Do you think that the fact Marshall had a small senior class has anything to do with the low number of players Marshall could sign?

Don't you think that they should be filling those available scholarships with higher quality recruits than they've signed so far ? After all, they claim to be the Notre Dame of the G-5 and nearly all of their conference mates are out recruiting them........doesn't bode well for their future IMHO.

Don't you think that they should be filling those available scholarships with higher quality recruits than they've signed so far ? After all, they claim to be the Notre Dame of the G-5 and nearly all of their conference mates are out recruiting them........doesn't bode well for their future IMHO.
How do you know they're not " high quality" recruits because some goofball who's real job is delivering mail gave them two stars? Hahahahahahaha

How do you know they're not " high quality" recruits because some goofball who's real job is delivering mail gave them two stars? Hahahahahahaha

I'm sure there are surprises both good and bad in every recruiting class. All I know is that Marshall's 2018 class looks weak as compared to most of their conference mates. Maybe Doc has a crystal ball that tells him he doesn't need to recruit on the same level as they do.

I'm sure there are surprises both good and bad in every recruiting class. All I know is that Marshall's 2018 class looks weak as compared to most of their conference mates. Maybe Doc has a crystal ball that tells him he doesn't need to recruit on the same level as they do.
Or
Maybe he evaluates players based on his and his staff's years of experience as opposed to how many stars Gus down at the quicky lube assigns to a youngster.

Or

Maybe he evaluates players based on his and his staff's years of experience as opposed to how many stars Gus down at the quicky lube assigns to a youngster.
I know exactly who you are talking about. He used to clean the toilets at CBS sports and was the one who wrote that Marshall was the best football program in West Virginia.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha what a clown he turned out to be.

I know exactly who you are talking about. He used to clean the toilets at CBS sports and was the one who wrote that Marshall was the best football program in West Virginia.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha what a clown he turned out to be.
Very easy way to determine who has" the best program" in West Virginia but you boys lack the courage to find out the answer to that question! Call 1-800-THE-HERD if you boys find some intestinal fortitude!

Last edited:
Very easy way to determine who has" the best program" in West Virginia but you boys lack the courage to find out the answer to that question! Call 1-800-THE-HERD if you boys find some intestinal fortitude!
The the WVU athletic department has already said to just hop in the bus and ride up 79 to play. Posting the phone number to buy $5.00 tickets to see the herd take on Girl Scout troops for cookies isn't saying anything.

Here are the numbers, old ass buzzard can’t figure out simple math. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out the recruiting rankings. So naturally the class is going to be ranked low, there aren’t that many scholarships to give out to begin with. In addition Doc doesn’t for some reason comment on early signees.

Current MU roster (on ESPN.com) by class size –
Seniors – 12
Juniors – 27
Sophomores – 19
Freshmen – 47
Total – 105 (max allowed by NCAA)

Here are the numbers, old ass buzzard can’t figure out simple math. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out the recruiting rankings. So naturally the class is going to be ranked low, there aren’t that many scholarships to give out to begin with. In addition Doc doesn’t for some reason comment on early signees.

Current MU roster (on ESPN.com) by class size –
Seniors – 12
Juniors – 27
Sophomores – 19
Freshmen – 47
Total – 105 (max allowed by NCAA)
You want to go back and re-read my post. I was pointing out that very fact that MU had only 12 seniors.

Note to self: Never post anything that defends Marshall. Herd faithful display poor reading comprehension skills.

Bump, as old Buzzard was so excited pumping his old, weary chest.

Now that WVU finished 35th, a.k.a., middle of the pack....

Bump, as old Buzzard was so excited pumping his old, weary chest.

Now that WVU finished 35th, a.k.a., middle of the pack....

Rivals lists our class as 33rd, which places us just outside the top 25%, a far cry from middle of the pack.

They list Marshall's class at 69th, which is in the bottom half of the 129 FBS schools. So, did you have a point or are you just running up your post count ?

Rivals lists our class as 33rd, which places us just outside the top 25%, a far cry from middle of the pack.

They list Marshall's class at 69th, which is in the bottom half of the 129 FBS schools. So, did you have a point or are you just running up your post count ?
Trivia question: How many P5 members are there, including Notre Dame? Answer that one, and pound your ancient, weary chest some more #33.

The ancient Buzzard is actually comparing his team's recruiting class against a G5 member, who BTW, actually finished near the top when it comes to G5 members.

This would be the equivalent of an Ohio State fan comparing themselves against Bowling Green or Toledo. An Alabama fan comparing themselves against UAB or Troy.

See how stupid you continue to look? Obviously, you're too dumb to know you look dumb.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90

My point would be get back to me in three years and we'll see how many of these kids can really play based on what we see on the gridiron ass opposed to a mailman masquerading as a football talent evaluator handing out " stars".

That was never your argument buzzard to begin with. I told you repeatedly signing day was in February. Your concern about conference ranking in recruiting was obviously never justified, as I said it wasn’t 2-3 months ago. Now suck it up, admit you had no clue, and go about the rest of your day.

...............The ancient Buzzard is actually comparing his team's recruiting class against a G5 member, who BTW, actually finished near the top when it comes to G5 members............This would be the equivalent of an Ohio State fan comparing themselves against Bowling Green or Toledo. An Alabama fan comparing themselves against UAB or Troy.

Why would I compare our recruiting class to Marshall's ? Could it be because of you Herdiots on here always claiming to be the best football program in our state? Or maybe that they insist that they play on the same level as WVU ?

Odd how when you all are stating your case for getting a game with WVU that you insist that WVU and Marshall play at the same level of football, but when it comes to recruiting classes you want to talk P-5 and G-5.............

Odd how when you all are stating your case for getting a game with WVU that you insist that WVU and Marshall play at the same level of football, but when it comes to recruiting classes you want to talk P-5 and G-5.............
Not odd at all. My case has always been that WVU-Marshall should play every year, due to being the only D1 schools within the state. Quite frankly, I really don't care personally if they play or not, especially since your side continues to come up with fake reasons as to not wanting to play. It's a game. If you can play Delaware State, then you should be able to play the Herd.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT