tOSUGrad90

All-Conference
Oct 19, 2015
Predictions for WVU's finish in the Big 12:

Athlon - 5th
Lindy's - 5th
Sporting News - 6th
Phil Steele - 7th (tie)

Expectations for the Morganhole Marauders are extremely low. Oklahoma is the only elite Big 12 team. Kansas, Iowa State, Kansas State, and Texas Tech stink. Baylor has been gutted, due to scandal. TCU has lost its franchise QB and WR. Texas is extremely young and unproven. Oklahoma State is mediocre.

So, how many extra points does Missouri get on the board at the beginning of the first game because of our Athlon expectations?

Considering that Missouri kicked its long time head coach and starting quarterback to the curb, I doubt that the expectations for the Tigers are high this season, either.

Considering that Missouri kicked its long time head coach and starting quarterback to the curb, I doubt that the expectations for the Tigers are high this season, either.

That wasn't the question was it ... but I understand why you'd dodge it.

That wasn't the question was it ... but I understand why you'd dodge it.
Your question is off topic, but I understand why you would want to change the subject of this thread. The Missouri/WVU game has nothing to do with where WVU is expected to finish, or will finish, in the final Big 12 standings.

Your question is off topic, but I understand why you would want to change the subject of this thread. The Missouri/WVU game has nothing to do with where WVU is expected to finish, or will finish, in the final Big 12 standings.
I'll give 'em Kansas and ISU...but the rest will be tough sledding.

Athlon - 5th
Lindy's - 5th
Sporting News - 6th
Phil Steele - 7th (tie)

Expectations for the Morganhole Marauders are extremely low. Oklahoma is the only elite Big 12 team. Kansas, Iowa State, Kansas State, and Texas Tech stink. Baylor has been gutted, due to scandal. TCU has lost its franchise QB and WR. Texas is extremely young and unproven. Oklahoma State is mediocre.

They predicted we would finish 7th in 2015 and we finished 5th in the conference. Didn't TTU beat Arkansas last year?
Excellent post. Full of facts.

Where was WVU predicted to finish when it went 4-8/2-7 in 2013? Probably not as low as a tie for next to last place. Yeah, Texas Tech was great last season: 7-6 overall, 4-5 in conference play, and lost by 29 points in its bowl game. Pure juggernaut.

Athlon - 5th
Lindy's - 5th
Sporting News - 6th
Phil Steele - 7th (tie)

Good thing the Ears don't have to travel to Kansas this year, or projections would likely be lower. The Jayhawks own them on the home field.

Where was WVU predicted to finish when it went 4-8/2-7 in 2013? Probably not as low as a tie for next to last place. Yeah, Texas Tech was great last season: 7-6 overall, 4-5 in conference play, and lost by 29 points in its bowl game. Pure juggernaut.
Tech beat the Hogs early, week after they got demoralized by Toledo.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
I'll give 'em Kansas and ISU...but the rest will be tough sledding.
I wouldn't pencil that win over ISU in quite yet. After they decided to take a powder against their real rival (The Herd), and made the Cyclones their big game, I have to figure our boys up North may find the sledding a little rougher. I herd it gets cold out in Iowa come late November. I'm not sure the little guy behind center will hold up against the 'clones in the bitter cold.

I wouldn't pencil that win over ISU in quite yet. After they decided to take a powder against their real rival (The Herd), and made the Cyclones their big game, I have to figure our boys up North may find the sledding a little rougher. I herd it gets cold out in Iowa come late November. I'm not sure the little guy behind center will hold up against the 'clones in the bitter cold.
Yeah can see that, not like the Mounties will be a big favorite in Ames and they've lost out there before.

Athlon - 5th
Lindy's - 5th
Sporting News - 6th
Phil Steele - 7th (tie)

Thanks for the detailed preseason research. You're special

The Jayhawks own them on the home field

Really?

Two games at Kansas and two games in Morgantown, since WVU joined the Big 12, and the score is 3-1 in favor of WVU. Somehow that equates to Kansas "owning" WVU at Kansas?

That's some strange math they teach at Michigan/Marshall

WVU is 3-0, playing Marshall in Huntington and 9-0, playing Marshall in Morgantown. That is "owning" in my book.

Just a reminder...New Hampshire is 1-0 versus Marshall, at Marshall, since the Herd joined the FBS.

Rifle was right about you morons. There's not a single Ear fan that can understand type written words. Reading comprehension is a serious problem amongst your kind. Once again, it leads me to believe it has something to do with decades of inbreeding amongst yourselves.

Of course the Missouri game has nothing to do with where we finish in the Big 12, you dolt.

My question is completely on-topic ... I understand why you don't understand it though.

Of course the Missouri game has nothing to do with where we finish in the Big 12, you dolt.

My question is completely on-topic ... I understand why you don't understand it though.
I think the Mizzou game will revealing though.....if you can't beat the Tigers at home it'll be tough sledding the rest of the season. But I expect WVU to prevail in a low scoring game.

I think the Mizzou game will revealing though.....if you can't beat the Tigers at home it'll be tough sledding the rest of the season. But I expect WVU to prevail in a low scoring game.

I agree and I disagree. If we lose, it will absolutely be a harbinger for a looooong season. If we win in a low scoring game, it might not tell us much at all. If we win in a blow out, then it could be a positive sign.

In the early games I look less at scores and more at execution. "yeah, we blew them out, but if we keep doing x, y and z we are going to get our asses handed to us by Oklahoma"

I agree and I disagree. If we lose, it will absolutely be a harbinger for a looooong season. If we win in a low scoring game, it might not tell us much at all. If we win in a blow out, then it could be a positive sign.

In the early games I look less at scores and more at execution. "yeah, we blew them out, but if we keep doing x, y and z we are going to get our asses handed to us by Oklahoma"
Tough to blow out Mizzou....they play good defense. They were woeful on offense last season but have to think they'll be better on that side of the ball this year. Some experience at QB after the Matty Mauk turmoil and they signed one of the reported best RB's in the country. Still, at home ,I like the Mounties in a low scoring game. If WVU runs up and down the field on Mizzou then I think that will bode well for the 2016 season.

Tough to blow out Mizzou....they play good defense. They were woeful on offense last season but have to think they'll be better on that side of the ball this year. Some experience at QB after the Matty Mauk turmoil and they signed one of the reported best RB's in the country. Still, at home ,I like the Mounties in a low scoring game. If WVU runs up and down the field on Mizzou then I think that will bode well for the 2016 season.

Pretty good analysis, Tony.

True....what do you make of Tesla?

Tesla ... I wanted to buy them at $33 several years ago but I wasn't fully recovered from the divorce and didn't have my investment account yet. The 401k I had at the time only had mutual funds.

They seem to have more or less leveled off around $210-$220. News of this crash and fatality isn't going to help them, but it doesn't seem to have hurt them either. I thought I saw a headline that indicated they were losing some of their executives? If so, that may not be a good sign, depending on what they are leaving for.

You have something else? I'll be cashing a decent check tomorrow, royalties from a product I developed years ago. If you've got a tip on where to put it, I'd appreciate it. Right now I'm planning on spending about half on ball caps and hookers and then just blowing the rest.

Tesla ... I wanted to buy them at $33 several years ago but I wasn't fully recovered from the divorce and didn't have my investment account yet. The 401k I had at the time only had mutual funds.

They seem to have more or less leveled off around $210-$220. News of this crash and fatality isn't going to help them, but it doesn't seem to have hurt them either. I thought I saw a headline that indicated they were losing some of their executives? If so, that may not be a good sign, depending on what they are leaving for.

You have something else? I'll be cashing a decent check tomorrow, royalties from a product I developed years ago. If you've got a tip on where to put it, I'd appreciate it. Right now I'm planning on spending about half on ball caps and hookers and then just blowing the rest.
I don't really understand Tesla. Are they a car company or an alternative energy company? I truly didn't get their buyout of Solar City and report of the wreck can't help nor did missing the mark on the production quota's. I don't like them at all...thinking of shorting their ass. I kind of like Cisco here but around their 52 week high, nice dividend that seems safe an some upside to the company.

I don't really understand Tesla. Are they a car company or an alternative energy company? I truly didn't get their buyout of Solar City and report of the wreck can't help nor did missing the mark on the production quota's. I don't like them at all...thinking of shorting their ass. I kind of like Cisco here but around their 52 week high, nice dividend that seems safe an some upside to the company.
Spending half on wine, women and song and just blowing the other half sounds pretty damn solid to me!

Spending half on wine, women and song and just blowing the other half sounds pretty damn solid to me!

It's worked well for me in the past. LOL.

I'm with you, I certainly can't figure out Tesla at this point. It wasn't hard to see the upside when they were in the $30's, but I'm not sure now. The acquisition of Solar City is definitely interesting and actually plays into their overall business plan pretty well. It's just that they are really a quite unconventional company, so you can't really look at them like you would a regular auto manufacturer.

Their charging stations have solar panels, so Solar City fits in there kind of nicely, but more than that is the mass storage. Storage is the biggest pitfall with solar panels, and the most expensive part of a home installation. With Tesla's focus on batteries and their Gigafactory or whatever they call it, they could be positioning themselves to solve the storage solution and already own one of the biggest players in home solar installations and really corner the market and price others out. But, I'm not sure I want to count on that at $217 today.

Cisco is solid. Part of what I do these days is datacenter design and Cisco is THE major player in that market and datacenters aren't going away anytime soon.

As far as technology is concerned, keep an eye on Nutanix. I'm pretty sure you're a lawyer, so I assume you don't know much about virtualization and mass storage, but Nutanix is leading the charge with what they call hyper-converged solutions. Before, you would have a company like NetApp or EMC for your mass storage and then also have Dell or IBM or whoever for your servers to act as virtual hosts. Now they are combining all of that, server (and virtual servers) and storage, into one box. It drastically reduces physical footprint but also great reduces recurring maintenance costs. Nutanix is leading the way, but there are others jumping into the fray.

Look at SWKS. The stock is beat up recently and analysts are off of it. They are a chip maker and took a hit over the outlook for the new IPhone. I think that's shortsighted. They have the best balance sheet of any company out there, no debt, terrific margins, solid management. The only thing I can't understand is why Apple hasn't just bought the company. It's a $90 stock trading in the low $60s right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT