ADVERTISEMENT

Wow...Hillary now has over 2 million more votes than Trump

Heard! I will check our more on CRA as well as Freddie and Fannie. Don't you agree it's a little scary for a lot of us to see someone like Trump, who probably made wads of cash off of the housing market crash, say he's going to fix it? I'm not saying he won't, I'm just saying the rich just seem to get richer....he has, for a very long time!
I made a ton of money off the crash as well, I lost in the immediacy, but basically can retire anytime I want now after taking advantage of the opportunities that came from it. Not sure what making money or how has anything to do with this?

I have some friends that lost their ass in FL when it happened because they were going in way too deep on homes they couldn't afford and were bundling collateral on the houses they couldn't afford.

This was a very complex problem that started long before GDub was in office. One of the big issues were the regulating agencies not providing the proper oversight and applying the correct ratings to these loans.

Honestly, living in FL, you could see this coming a mile away. True story. I was about to make an offer on a house for $250k. We had a hurricane hit that decimated the panhandle and shortly after, that same house was listed at $399k. This was the beginning of the bubble, at that point, I just held back.

I made a ton of money off the crash as well, I lost in the immediacy, but basically can retire anytime I want now after taking advantage of the opportunities that came from it. Not sure what making money or how has anything to do with this?

I have some friends that lost their ass in FL when it happened because they were going in way too deep on homes they couldn't afford and were bundling collateral on the houses they couldn't afford.

This was a very complex problem that started long before GDub was in office. One of the big issues were the regulating agencies not providing the proper oversight and applying the correct ratings to these loans.

Honestly, living in FL, you could see this coming a mile away. True story. I was about to make an offer on a house for $250k. We had a hurricane hit that decimated the panhandle and shortly after, that same house was listed at $399k. This was the beginning of the bubble, at that point, I just held back.
I agree I was in Florida for 6 years starting in 2003, couldn't believe how many homes were being built so fast! I just fear Trump being a guy concerned about the working class or middle class for that matter. I'm not saying making money off the crash is bad, I just don't want boom bust to be a regular thing. People make big money off the stock market through extreme highs and lows....just don't want that to translate to all areas of finance. It's not good for working class families

I agree with you in principle. Don't we go through a market boom/bust about once a decade?

I agree with you in principle. Don't we go through a market boom/bust about once a decade?
The cycle is there and almost necessary I imagine. But 2007-2008 was not a typical cycle I've ever seen. Boom - bust doesn't seem like a natural cyclical happening, it seems like some might want the bottom to drop deeper for their own interests. I could be wrong, but my 401k just doesn't like it at all.

The cycle is there and almost necessary I imagine. But 2007-2008 was not a typical cycle I've ever seen. Boom - bust doesn't seem like a natural cyclical happening, it seems like some might want the bottom to drop deeper for their own interests. I could be wrong, but my 401k just doesn't like it at all.
Agreed, 2007-2008 wasn't just one thing dropping out. I was more talking the .Com bust of the 90s and that we're likely to have another .Com bust soon. Like everyone else, my 401k got hit pretty hard, but it rebounded, like almost everyone else.

What I was able to take advantage of was the HealthSouth, Worldcom, Enron stuff.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT