ADVERTISEMENT

Worst Defensive performance in years!

Captain EER

All-Conference
Sep 21, 2005
I cannot recall the last time I saw our defense look this bad. Poor tackling, poor angles, being out-ran, outcoached. Terrible step back today.

I agree although years 1 and 2 with Joe DeForrest were worse as a whole.

We had a game at Baylor where WVU gave up 69. I think it was year 2 in the Big XII

Not our finest hour

Last edited:
I cannot recall the last time I saw our defense look this bad. Poor tackling, poor angles, being out-ran, outcoached. Terrible step back today.

What's really disturbing is how un-aggressive they were for the entire game, it seemed. I don't think Gibson blitzed one time in the game and Mayfield's passes weren't all quick drop backs.
I think Gibson has had the defense lay back way too much. Just pathetic showing today. I don't ever remember a poorer performance in a single game in my life. Maybe that Baylor game a few years ago. But this was BAD.
Plus, getting so sick and tired of dropping 8 guys back only to watch a wide open receiver catch it. I don't understand because dropping that many back, you're gonna have the O receivers out numbered so why not double team one or two?

The D has been an overachieving unit until tonight. Obviously OU is way ahead of our D but there was no resistance today which means the D might’ve just quit on DH.

the mountaineers haven't played a complete game in a long time...under clueless DH
No we haven't but was good enough for 10 wins last season
This season was a fine line
Close to picking up 2 more wins but also close to losing 2 others as well
Lots of young players this year
I would think if Grier comes back and the defense improves as it should then we could expect 8 or 9 wins
However with Tennessee and NC State on a be schedule who knows

I would think if Grier comes back and the defense improves as it should then we could expect 8 or 9 wins
However with Tennessee and NC State on a be schedule who knows

Don't worry, DH is sure to find some way to screw it up. You can count on it. And don't expect us to play any defense. We haven't played defense in years and won't start under DH.

How many times has our defense given up less than 24 points to a P5 school outside of Kansas or Iowa State since Dana took over? It could’ve been more recent than I recall, but it seems like years ago. Every week is a shootout.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT