ADVERTISEMENT

Will the right please direct me to unbiased media

I'm curious to know

The hard news anchors at Fox are unbiased at least in the way that you would expect them to be. Shepard Smith is a liberal. Chris Wallace is a registered Democrat. I think both clearly lean left although Chris Wallace does a good job of being extremely fair. Shepard Smith cannot hide it nearly as well.

I can think of no other mainstream media outlet with any conservative anchors. They are all liberal. And I would not call all of them biased, some are simply corrupt because they slant the news intentionally. After all, 91% of the Trump coverage in the general election was negative. This is juxtaposed against the fact that during the primary season, trump received lots of favorable coverage. So when it was time to fish or cut bait, the networks uniformly blasted Trump. Help Trump win the primary then crucify him during the general.

The hard news anchors at Fox are unbiased at least in the way that you would expect them to be. Shepard Smith is a liberal. Chris Wallace is a registered Democrat. I think both clearly lean left although Chris Wallace does a good job of being extremely fair. Shepard Smith cannot hide it nearly as well.

I can think of no other mainstream media outlet with any conservative anchors. They are all liberal. And I would not call all of them biased, some are simply corrupt because they slant the news intentionally. After all, 91% of the Trump coverage in the general election was negative. This is juxtaposed against the fact that during the primary season, trump received lots of favorable coverage. So when it was time to fish or cut bait, the networks uniformly blasted Trump. Help Trump win the primary then crucify him during the general.

I think Bret Baier is a straight shooter. I also think Jake Tapper on ABC I think?(I don't watch him but I see excerpts of his work) is probably pretty objective.

When she worked for CBS Sharyl Atkisson was a straight shooter, and there are some independent guys who are good like Bill Gertz, Peter Schweizer, Gretchen Morgenson, & Ed Klein.

But most of the broadcast media is Left or leans Left...especially at the big broadcast networks and CNN.

I'm curious to know

I think everybody who reports the news looks at it through his or her own eyes. If you are conservative, you tend to report it that way, if you are liberal, you report it that way. The only difference in some news programs on the left vs right, there is open cheering on the left. You have those like Dan /rather completely lying about a news report. I beleive that it's hard to find a conservative on anything other than fox News so you have a bias on the others.

I think Bret Bayer (sp) is a straight shooter. I also think Jake Tapper on ABC I think?(I don't watch him but I see excerpts of his work) is probably pretty objective.

When she worked for CBS Sharyl Atkisson was a straight shooter, and there are some independent guys who are good like Bill Gertz, Peter Schweizer, Gretchen Morgenson, & Ed Klein.

But most of the broadcast media is Left or leans Left...especially at the big broadcast networks and CNN.

I forgot about Tapper and Akisson. I stand corrected. You are exactly right. By the way he works for CNN. And you're also right, Brett is fair.

Reactions: atlkvb
I use Reuters...

stopped watching US news years ago when I realized they were lying every day...

Last edited:
When the milwaukee sheriff kept saying that all lives mattered, he kept asking him why he would say that when it was so incendiary. Shepard is definitely not as conservative as others on there.

I don't believe he has a conservative bone in his body.

I don't believe he has a conservative bone in his body.

Well, he is gay and there are conservative gay men in the world, so he could, at some point, have a conservative bone in him!:pimp:

Last edited:
1.jpg

I left one word out, it should have said, there are conservative gay men.

Would he even really want a conservative "bone" if he's a Lib as some of the posters in this thread suggested?

Guess when it's time to get your "freak" on...any bone will do whether it comes in behind from the Left or the Right?:flushed:

Last edited:
Reactions: Airport
To sum up:

Reuters
FOX hard news
Depends on what I want to believe
And the following individuals:
Shepard Smith (FOX)
Chris Wallace (FOX)
Brett Baier (FOX)
Jake Tapper (CNN)
Sharyl Atkinsson (CBS)
Bill Gertz (Washington Times - Conservative)

Peter Schweitzer (author- political consultant- conservative political figure)

Gretchen Morgansen (NY Times - financial reporter)

Ed Klein (author - gossip columnist - conservative whose books have been criticized for factual errors)

I'm not encouraged by this thread at all. We are not ever coming together if our news is so polarized.

To sum up:

Reuters
FOX hard news
Depends on what I want to believe
And the following individuals:
Shepard Smith (FOX)
Chris Wallace (FOX)
Brett Baier (FOX)
Jake Tapper (CNN)
Sharyl Atkinsson (CBS)
Bill Gertz (Washington Times - Conservative)

Peter Schweitzer (author- political consultant- conservative political figure)

Gretchen Morgansen (NY Times - financial reporter)

Ed Klein (author - gossip columnist - conservative whose books have been criticized for factual errors)

I'm not encouraged by this thread at all. We are not ever coming together if our news is so polarized.

Boomer that list is by no means comprehensive, but even if you take that small sample size and compare it against the vast majority of the rest of both major broadcast and print media you will find an overwhelming majority of it is Left leaning or flat out Leftist in it's ideology.

I'm not so sure there really is such a thing as totally "objective" reporting, even the so called 'fact-check' services have their built in biases and pick and choose what to critique.

I actually think it's better to know exactly where the information source is centered, Left or Right, because then you can compare and contrast information & who is telling the truth and who is FOS.

Boomer that list is by no means comprehensive, but even if you take that small sample size and compare it against the vast majority of the rest of both major broadcast and print media you will find an overwhelming majority of it is Left leaning or flat out Leftist in it's ideology.

I'm not so sure there really is such a thing as totally "objective" reporting, even the so called 'fact-check' services have their built in biases and pick and choose what to critique.

I actually think it's better to know exactly where the information source is centered, Left or Right, because then you can compare and contrast information & who is telling the truth and who is FOS.
Journalism should be objective and fact based. Editors are certainly biased in what they choose to allow to print or broadcast. Of course a lot of what conservatives see as liberal bias, I see as simply American ideology not liberal ideology.

Journalism should be objective and fact based. Editors are certainly biased in what they choose to allow to print or broadcast. Of course a lot of what conservatives see as liberal bias, I see as simply American ideology not liberal ideology.

In this area, you and I live on different planets. NY Times doesn't understand religion? The paper of record doesn't understand religion? Huge percentage of media donations go to Dems/Libs? 91% of media coverage of Trump was negative?

That's liberal bias, not American ideology.

Judgmental hypocrite.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I don't see coverage of Christian endeavors as conservative coverage. I do see "war on Christmas" coverage as conservative bias.
I don't see coverage on gay rights as liberal. I do see coverage on gun death statistics as liberal. How stories and facts are approached shows the bias. I just don't understand how facts are distorted so freely by the press today.

I don't see coverage of Christian endeavors as conservative coverage. I do see "war on Christmas" coverage as conservative bias.
I don't see coverage on gay rights as liberal. I do see coverage on gun death statistics as liberal. How stories and facts are approached shows the bias. I just don't understand how facts are distorted so freely by the press today.

I see segmenting people into different groups, so that winners and losers can be chosen, as liberal, and quite non-progressive by the way. They are distorted because it makes them money, the audience wants it that way. That's why I chose to watch none.

I see segmenting people into different groups, so that winners and losers can be chosen, as liberal, and quite non-progressive by the way. They are distorted because it makes them money, the audience wants it that way. That's why I chose to watch none.
Are you saying that conservatives do not group people so sides can be chosen?

I try not to.
Polarization is intense on both sides. I asked for unbiased journalism: the author on Clinton Cash was listed. I admitted it's hard for me to sometimes see the bias because I think SOME liberal bias is fair and balanced journalism, I was curious if this also exists on the left

Polarization is intense on both sides. I asked for unbiased journalism: the author on Clinton Cash was listed. I admitted it's hard for me to sometimes see the bias because I think SOME liberal bias is fair and balanced journalism, I was curious if this also exists on the left

I assume everyone has bias. It makes it easier.

Reactions: Boomboom521
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT